News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-05, 06:00 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Attention: all fans attending Wednesday's Game

Please do the rest of us who can not make the game a huge favor: BE LOUD! BE VERY LOUD! Boo Carmelo, Boo Buckner, Boo Camby and Boo KMart. I'm sorry, I have no respect for the way those four have played in this series. Carmelo shouldn't have even played last night. In any other game, he would have got suspended. I guess he sells too many jerseys for the NBA to give him the bad rap he deserves. Fans, help send a message back to Denver. There's no need to be classless, just be loud and let the Nuggets know that are not welcome in the SBC Center. Thank you!!!!!!!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-03-05, 06:13 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

true that
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-03-05, 06:17 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

not sure about the boo thing, but if u can all cry like babies when Karl is introduced into the game, that would be sweet.
but,oh well, we're spurs fans, we should have more class, so forget it

on the other hand if u want, go for it
Old 05-03-05, 06:20 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Those yahoos haven't earned the right to be booed. Kobe deserves to get booed. Shaq deserves to get booed. Karl Malone deserved to get booed. Hell, if he didn't play for us I'd boo the hell out of Bob Horry. When you boo someone you're conceding that they're in your head and all it does is fire that player up. The nuggets deserve to be treated like an afterthought. They deserve to be ignored. I plan to be loud and cheer on the Spurs, but the nuggets aren't worth any extra effort.
Old 05-03-05, 07:00 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Its just a game. Root for your favorite team and boo anyone who plays them if you feel like it. I don't have anything against any NBA player personally, but if they are on a team opposing my Spurs, I hope they have a really cruddy night.

$
Old 05-03-05, 07:15 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Those of us at the game need to cheer extremely loud every time Manu touches the ball to offset all the boos he got in Denver.
Old 05-03-05, 07:54 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I've always thought that the ultimate way to disrespect a player during the introductions is to totally ignore them, just let the SBC Center go completely silent during their introductions. Maybe the Express News could hand out free newspapers, and 18k people could read the paper.
Old 05-03-05, 08:26 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

i'll be there and I will boo KMart and Carmella simply because theyre my two most hated players in the league. They just happen to play on the same team.

woah when did we get rankings.... i've been out of the mix for a while... cool I start.
Old 05-03-05, 08:30 PM
MomBear

Smitherssssss where in the world have you been?????

Welcome back!!!!
Old 05-03-05, 09:29 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Yep, we gotta put the major boo on Melo, Martin and Buckner. I mean earth shaking, ear drum popping, reserved-for-Derek-Fisher BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOING!!!!!!
Old 05-03-05, 09:36 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithers™
i'll be there and I will boo KMart and Carmella simply because theyre my two most hated players in the league. They just happen to play on the same team.

woah when did we get rankings.... i've been out of the mix for a while... cool I start.
Good to see ya back Smitty!!!

You've been gone for awhile and your a starter and I'm still not. I'm still the jock washer.
Old 05-03-05, 09:45 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbarbour
I've always thought that the ultimate way to disrespect a player during the introductions is to totally ignore them, just let the SBC Center go completely silent during their introductions. Maybe the Express News could hand out free newspapers, and 18k people could read the paper.
Ouch...not a bad idea.

When Karl is introduced, everybody should chant in unison "MMMMM, DONUTS!"

And for Carmela give him the good ol college treatment (because everybody won't stop talking about his NCAA championship, bleh) with a rousing round of "OVERATED CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP, OVERATED CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP"
Old 05-04-05, 01:36 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

boooing is classlesss.. WTF??.. you're not going to church, you're going to a stadium to watch your team play the enemy ... booing and cheering is part of game that allow spectators to interact and contribute.. it's called giving your team a home court advantage.. that's if you really are a fan of the team , unlike the show-ponies from the lower level.

seriously, this game is going to be televised globally so make all spurs fans proud and scream your lungs out .... let those pansies from Denever know , they had no business treating our Spurs like that... especially MANu ... i mean for freaking sake.. the guy got booed because he played too good .... that's really classy!
Old 05-04-05, 02:08 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

anyways, i don't know how the nuggs are going to "de-acclimate" to san antonio altitude and steal a win on wed.

no need to boo imo
Old 05-04-05, 02:10 AM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Hey anyone saw on TNT that fan in Denver arena carrying a sign that said "GINOBILI MUST BE PUNISHED"

Also anyone heard on TNT the crowd in Denver were so loud and drunk and abnoxious, anyone heard the one that was yelling very very loudly :"HEY REFS .... YOU SUCK.....": As refs were calling all those fantom fouls on almost every player of every team and extending the game for ever, with almost fouling every starter in the game....
The booing was so loud in that classless arena but that's ok they are just so surprised they saw a thing called playoffs, something they haven't seen for a long time...

I think if refs called fouls as the ones called when Carmello slipped and fell and got the foul, that would make the crowd mad and angry.... again this series, SA vs Denver had different refs but amazingly all of them seemed to call so many bad fouls on both teams. That was a good test for us and I know Spurs and Pop are too class to say anything about it too...

We should all scream so loud at the second half, save all of your voices till the ends guys, scream soo loud at the fourth especially, to kill the Nuggets spirits as loud as you can, not booing but just chanting for Spurs and making very loud noises Tim said at the interview we could use the home crowd to help us beat the Nuggets ...

Spurs should send those Nuggets fishing on TNT with Kenny and Charles and Ernie Wednsday night, Camby said they all are banged up so I guess they could use a very long vacation....

Spurs will win Wednesday even if they took Nuggets to three overtimes lol

Let's do it Spurs one more win and let's just get it over with those silly team of ugly Nuggets... Pistons advanced and Heat and Suns and Sonics, time for my Spurs..
Old 05-04-05, 02:47 AM
SpursReport Rookie

IMHO, cheer when one of them does something good or spectacular as far as basketball skill. Give them their due. That will send a bigger message back to the loser fans in Denver then booing like classless morons for every little thing.

Think of it this way, who looks better? The parents who boo little kids at little league games for making a mistake, or the ones who applaud thier efforts?

In many ways, and from what I see daily on these boards, The Spurs and us fans are supposed to be the mature adults. Denver has a young team, them and their fans just dont know how to react when something like the playoffs come around.

Kind of like seeing a group of 5 middle-schoolers hanging at the mall for the first time on their own unsupervised acting tough and talking smack to just about anyone, you almost feel like going over there and "teaching" them some manners, but all you can do is laugh at them.

Then again, sometimes kids just need to get a good whack from Daddy's belt.

Last edited by phyzik; 05-04-05 at 02:53 AM.