News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-03-05, 03:44 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Adult Swim promo

Did anyone catch this?
I was watching a recorded Futurama from Adult Swim, which was on right after the Spurs game.
The little lead-in promo said something like:
There are probably a bunch of fans just tuning in from the NBA playoffs on TNT.
This is a time of year for much ref-bashing and sore-losery.
And only one team can win it all.
Let's just hope it's not the Spurs.

Then their little signature : [adult swim] was replaced by a [go rockets].

Some of you might be offended. I laughed.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-03-05, 03:45 AM
SpursReport Team Member

That's pretty funny...especially since the Rockets lost!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-03-05, 03:50 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

I think it's hillarious it's obviously in good fun.
Old 05-03-05, 03:54 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

I think that they should talk to my attorney.

Old 05-03-05, 03:55 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

BWA HA HA!
Old 05-03-05, 04:07 AM
SpursReport Team Member

lmao!!
Old 05-03-05, 11:13 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

So what is Adult Swim? I had recorded the rest of the game when I had to go to work, not realizing that TIVO will go back to the beginning of the time period so I didn't see the end after all.
Old 05-03-05, 11:14 AM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

The Rockets need all the help they can get, at this point.
Old 05-03-05, 11:18 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Man, that is hilarious! Wish I had seen it!!!
Old 05-03-05, 11:53 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
So what is Adult Swim? I had recorded the rest of the game when I had to go to work, not realizing that TIVO will go back to the beginning of the time period so I didn't see the end after all.
It's the late-night programming block on Cartoon Network that runs from 10pm-5am CST Monday through Thursday and again on Sundays.

http://www.adultswim.com

Unfortunately for the Rockets fan writing AS' bumps, it probably is gonna be the Spurs this year.
Old 05-03-05, 11:59 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Adult Swim rules. Especially for resurrecting Lupin the 3rd.
Old 05-03-05, 12:04 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I make it a point to avoid most of the badly dubbed, censored anime that Cartoon Network airs. They did a good thing with Cowboy Bebop and GITS: SAC though.
Old 05-03-05, 02:19 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

A lot of the anime is crap, but damn if Cowboy Bebop isnt one of the best dubbed animes ever. Plus they have a lot of other awesome programming.

ATHF!
Old 05-03-05, 02:35 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Brock Samson owns you all.
Old 05-03-05, 02:43 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Considering Cartoon Network and TNT are sister networks, the shout doesn't surprise me. Also, I'm gonna give the [Adult Swim] brass a pass here. They're based in Atlanta. They don't have an NBA team. Yes. They don't. So, as far as I'm concerned, they have a pick of any other team in the league to root for.

But, at least, they're original and didn't just go with Miami or LA.
Old 05-03-05, 02:47 PM
MomBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by phyzik
Brock Samson owns you all.

Brock Samson can own me...
Old 05-03-05, 03:03 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossu
Considering Cartoon Network and TNT are sister networks, the shout doesn't surprise me. Also, I'm gonna give the [Adult Swim] brass a pass here. They're based in Atlanta. They don't have an NBA team. Yes. They don't. So, as far as I'm concerned, they have a pick of any other team in the league to root for.

But, at least, they're original and didn't just go with Miami or LA.
That's true, who else are they gonna cling to - that JuCo team called the Hawks?

The last thing I need to see on AS are nimrods jumping on the Heat bandwagon....

Anyway, most of AS' original programming (Venture Bros., ATHF, Robot Chicken, Brak, SGC2C) beats the anime they show. Most of it's crap. Dragon Ball GT? Gundam Seed? Ecch. What's irritating is that to the ignorant viewer, that's what they see on TV and that's what they think constitutes good anime. So your everyday conversations with coworkers and the like go as follows once they find out you're into anime:

"You like those Japanese cartoons, huh?"

"Anime? Yeah, some of it."

"Like Dragon Ball? Didja ever see that on Cartoon Network?"

"Gee no, does Cartoon Network show Dragon Ball?"
Old 05-03-05, 03:43 PM
SpursReport Team Member

that's awesome
Old 05-03-05, 03:44 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Old 05-03-05, 04:06 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Futurama and Aqua Teen are freaking funny.
Old 05-03-05, 04:28 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Ok, you guys are throwing out alot of misinformation here, let's clear things up.

First of all, AS runs Saturday through Thursday (aka, the only night of the week its not on is Friday). Saturday is all anime (the action block). The action block has NEVER shown Gundam Seed or any of the Dragon Ball series, those are aired by Toonami, rather they have shows like FullMetal Alchemist, GiTS: Stand Alone Complex, Inuyasha, etc, etc. Which I might add, live up to the rule that about 99.99% of all dubbed animes have HORRID voice work. And yes the exception is Cowboy Bebop. On Thursdays, this block constitutes the later half of the the programming.

Sunday is all comedy. They air mostly originals like ATHF, Sea Lab 2021, Robot Chicken, Tom Goes the the Mayor, Venture Bros (what man wouldn't want to be Brock Samson?), Home Movies, etc, but still have some old standbys like Family Guy and The Oblongs. On Thursdays, this block constitutes the first part of the programming.

And to appease us all, AS has brought back some anime classics in the form of Lupin the 3rd and Case Closed at 4 in the AM Sat thru Thurs, sweeeet....

And Aqua Teen will be responsible for the paradigm shift in the way comedies are viewed in the comming century (some of you are bound to get this joke )

Last edited by jmbarton; 05-03-05 at 04:34 PM.