News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-01-05, 01:27 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Next win is on Timmy.

I was so depressed after the third Q shooting woes, I could not watch for more than 5 seconds and kept flipping to another channel with a boring talk show-something less stressful.

I thought- here we go again... another great defensive effort wasted.
Spurs the bricklayers are back.

Thank God for Manu, Robert, Beno, Barry and the bench.

Timmy looked like how Devin described him- in a shell. Not animated- a little slow to react, just without any confidence in his shot.

C'mon Timmy- you are Tim Duncan the unstoppable !

Hope we get our Timmy back next game as the next win is squarely on his shoulder.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-01-05, 01:28 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Law of averages....

this will never happen again, at least in this series.
Old 05-01-05, 01:28 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

That nug troll called a bad game for tim - too bad his team needs more than a bad game from Tim and Tony to win
Old 05-01-05, 01:45 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Pop had some nice words of encouragment for Tim:

"Tim, no one can stop you."...forgot the rest, but one of the commentators mentioned it
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-01-05, 02:30 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLadiesMike
That nug troll called a bad game for tim - too bad his team needs more than a bad game from Tim and Tony to win
I know! That's gotta break their backs somewhat.

Pop told Tim to just play his game. I dunno what I would have said about Pop if we had lost though
Old 05-01-05, 02:38 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

TD will be adjusted to the altitude by Game#4. He should be huge.

Manu may be a wreck though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennui30
Pop had some nice words of encouragment for Tim:

"Tim, no one can stop you."...forgot the rest, but one of the commentators mentioned it
paraphrase: "Just play your game. Play Spurs basketball and the rest will take care
of itself".
Old 05-01-05, 02:41 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Manus' face will be black and blue tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-01-05, 02:42 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
C'mon Timmy- you are Tim Duncan the unstoppable !
Hope we get our Timmy back next game as the next win is squarely on his shoulder.
Couldn't Pop have done some things to take the pressure off? We kept going to Duncan as our lead dwindled.

Barry got only 3 shots and Robinson was a mysterious DNP.

I thought we brought these guys in to help in these kinds of situations.

Perhaps they are defensive liabilites, but if we don't utilize their talents we haven't really addressed the problems that plagued us last year.

I think Robinson could really do some damage from outside and mid-range, taking the pressure off Duncan in this series.

The Spurs aren't exactly playing well, we got saved by Manu's and Horry's heroics. Barry and Robinson can't help without touches and minutes, obviously.
Old 05-01-05, 03:51 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alka-Seltzer
Couldn't Pop have done some things to take the pressure off? We kept going to Duncan as our lead dwindled.

Barry got only 3 shots and Robinson was a mysterious DNP.

I thought we brought these guys in to help in these kinds of situations.

Perhaps they are defensive liabilites, but if we don't utilize their talents we haven't really addressed the problems that plagued us last year.

I think Robinson could really do some damage from outside and mid-range, taking the pressure off Duncan in this series.

The Spurs aren't exactly playing well, we got saved by Manu's and Horry's heroics. Barry and Robinson can't help without touches and minutes, obviously.
Last year they didn't hit threes when Tim played badly later on, this year they were hitting the threes this game and last, relax this is not LAST YEAR. They can win without Tim having a big night these days, thats reality Next game I expect to see Tim though.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 05-01-05, 03:55 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7
Last year they didn't hit threes when Tim played badly later on, this year they were hitting the threes this game and last, relax this is not LAST YEAR. They can win without Tim having a big night these days, thats reality Next game I expect to see Tim though.
Yup exactly, but still, it would be nice to see the normal TD. Manu is way better than last year, we got Barry, big shot rob is in full force it seems, Bowen is still hitting, and Beno has a good jumper.

"There are many dying children out there whose last wish is to meet me" -David Hasselhoff
Old 05-01-05, 03:57 AM
SpursReport Team Member

i think pop missed a trick by not subbing Grob during the mid 3rd Q and 4th Q....this was exactly the time when Grob was needed...thank god..horry saved the day but pop sure missed a trick
Old 05-01-05, 04:45 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

It alway's seems like we're destined to win by 3 point spurts.

Steve Kerr in Game 6 vs Mavs in 2003
Steve Jackson in Game 6 vs Nets in 2003

and now
Robert Horry in Game 3 vs Nuggets in 2005.
If next game we win by 3's. I think you can all expect what we're gonna win this year
Old 05-01-05, 05:45 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

TD is gonna drop a 30-15-5-4 on them on Monday.

Nuggets fans just don't understand how great he is. He will show them in game four.
Old 05-01-05, 06:15 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

where was all that fire from game 2 into game 3....man we need more from td cose so far parker is dissappearing and its only manu n horry that are steppin up when td n parker decides to go fishin early
Old 05-01-05, 07:03 AM
SpursReport Rookie

TD has to be consistent for this team to go deep into the playoffs. he can't be that bad every other game. I still want the normal timmy. the dominating timmy.
Old 05-01-05, 07:06 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikepark
TD has to be consistent for this team to go deep into the playoffs. he can't be that bad every other game. I still want the normal timmy. the dominating timmy.
Like they were saying on the radio...

We beat them on all cylinders, blowout. And we beat them with nobody on there game, except for Manu. The Nuggets are dead. Stick a fork in them. Mile-high style.

*salut*
Old 05-01-05, 07:18 AM
SpursReport Rookie

yeah which is actually good, but if we get past them, timmy has to be consistent all the way. we won't beat dallas with timmy having a bad game every other game. that's what i'm scared of.
is he still like 80%?
Old 05-01-05, 07:20 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikepark
yeah which is actually good, but if we get past them, timmy has to be consistent all the way. we won't beat dallas with timmy having a bad game every other game. that's what i'm scared of.
is he still like 80%?
I think he's fine.

Everyone was off that game. All the shots were hitting front rim, Manu was just a beast.
Old 05-01-05, 07:23 AM
SpursReport Rookie

The field goal percentage of Tim is too bad in this game...
What problems does he have???
If he remain this status for a long time,I can't believe that Spurs can pass through the second round.
Old 05-01-05, 07:25 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhugelianges
The field goal percentage of Tim is too bad in this game...
What problems does he have???
If he remain this status for a long time,I can't believe that Spurs can pass through the second round.
Did you watch game 2?

One bad game does not a injured player make.
Old 05-01-05, 07:25 AM
SpursReport Rookie

yup that would become a problem soon. i think he still can't find his lift consistently because of that ankle problem. i hope he's still progressing. too bad the breaks between games will be shorter this time. anybody knows how long breaks would be in the second round? If we get there. i dont wanna jinx the spurs.
Old 05-01-05, 09:29 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

hopefully the Refs will allow Duncan to play

those 3 quick fouls killed him

and the way the refs were the rest of the night he could barly do anything without getting called for a foul
Old 05-01-05, 09:44 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzG
hopefully the Refs will allow Duncan to play

those 3 quick fouls killed him

and the way the refs were the rest of the night he could barly do anything without getting called for a foul

I have seen in the past where when Timmy gets into quick foul trouble, he stinks it up offesively the rest of the game. For whatever reason, it just takes him out of the game. It appeared that happened last night.

But even beyond that, he did seem a little lost, like he just woke up or something. I suspect the altitude hit him hard. Think about it: with that ankle holding him up the past 6 weeks or so, he's not been in playing condition, and to offset the high altitude, you've got to AT LEAST be in game shape. So, I'd bet the altitude messed him up a little.

He'll be stronger next game. I caught his eyes a couple of times in this game, and sometimes he looked sleepy where other times he looked pissed. So, I bet he was struggling with the altitude (sleepiness), and wanting to do more (pissed). He'll be back much better in gm 4.