News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-01-05, 12:14 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Will tim Duncan please show up!!!

I don't care that he has not been in there much. He has not had his head in the game at all tongiht. Come on MVP you are way better than Denver's convict. Come on at least drop a bar of soap or something.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-01-05, 12:31 AM
SpursReport Team Member

maybe if those morons they call refs stop ruining his rthym
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-01-05, 12:37 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Did Tim even make the trip? Whoever that stiff is who is trying to impersonate #21 tonight is having the worst game of Tim's life. It's a miracle that the Spurs are still in this.
Old 05-01-05, 12:38 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

He'll step it up in the 4th quarter. He knows what needs to be done.

"How bout them Spurs!!"
Old 05-01-05, 12:38 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Flatest I've ever seen him shoot!!!
Old 05-01-05, 12:49 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

His hesitation is dragging the rest of the teams decisions on the offensive end. Come on Pop, give Tim a play to score on a dunk. Put him in a position to succeed.
Old 05-01-05, 01:14 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

TD CLUTCH

**** CARMELO
Old 05-01-05, 01:15 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Better late than never.
Old 05-01-05, 01:24 AM
SpursReport Rookie

omg, he has to be consistent for the team to win, looks like he doesnt have much lift again.
Old 05-01-05, 01:27 AM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

He played the same way in game 1, lets face it guys, Tim is not a 100%, and the rest of the guys have to find some ways to win, tonight they did, Manu was spectacular and Horry made some heady plays and tough shots to help them hold the lead.
Old 05-01-05, 01:29 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

TD gets hacked for the last 3 games, yet he doesnt get the calls from the refs, these refs suck.
Old 05-01-05, 01:35 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I dont think its so much timmy not showing up but i think its the same thing as game 1. He had no lift on alot of those shots and kept hitting the front of the rim. The big thing is he hit the biggest shot of the night and we got the win.
Lest we forget, in the biggest NBA game of the last decade, the Spurs handled the Pistons in the type of game that Detroit is supposedly built for. In deciding games between San Antonio and Detroit, the Spurs are 1-0, and the Pistons are 0-1.
Old 05-01-05, 01:39 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

I think that Tim's defense and decision making in the game was rather good. I just wish he'd have given up more shots to other players, since it was obvious most of his shots weren't going in.

BTW, can someone explain exactly what "lift" means in terms of the shot and the ankle injury.
Old 05-01-05, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurs7794
The big thing is he hit the biggest shot of the night and we got the win.
And that's the only part that counts.

"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at this rock perhaps 100 times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the 101st blow, it will split in two and I know it was not that blow that did it. But all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis
Old 05-01-05, 01:44 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky
BTW, can someone explain exactly what "lift" means in terms of the shot and the ankle injury.
Well, to me it's when you're making your move, the vertical power/explosion you can put into your move.

That probably explains all the short shots - less power to the legs, less power to the ball.

If I were him, I would turn into the lane off the left block and to the baseline from the right block. That way, he can push off his left ankle and not the gimpy right ankle.
Old 05-01-05, 09:33 PM
SpursReport Mod Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikepark
omg, he has to be consistent for the team to win, looks like he doesnt have much lift again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjjrfan
He played the same way in game 1, lets face it guys, Tim is not a 100%, and the rest of the guys have to find some ways to win, tonight they did, Manu was spectacular and Horry made some heady plays and tough shots to help them hold the lead.
And he won't be til next season.
We'll have to live with this thru the rest of the playoffs.

And no, it won't get better as the playoffs continue. He'll have to stop playing for it to actually get better. We'll have to hope Tim makes the proper adjustments in his game.
Old 05-01-05, 09:55 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

I never got the impression last night with Duncan had anything to do with his ankle

he wasnt in Rhythm from the beginning....getting taken out with 3 early fouls didnt help. he looked fine to me running the court

look at how few mins he played...that was because of foul problems

not his ankle
Old 05-01-05, 09:57 PM

Yep. Tim didnt get going because he kept getting pulled out of the game. He hits most of those shots if he is in rhythm.
Old 05-01-05, 10:04 PM
The Chosen One(Moderator)

I mean I doubt it was the ankle that was the major problem because Tim straight sucked at BOTH ends of the floor, and his effort level wasn't there. I mean he missed a bank shot.....he never misses those and he just had a great game in Game 2......so I'm not concerned about the ankle.

I'm Batman's cousin
Old 05-01-05, 10:44 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

it seemed to me , Tim had an over reliance on his post moves to get himself going... he was getting good looks at the basket and most were 1 on 1 coverage.. yet after so many misses, we still kept going back to him, sometimes giving him isolation plays.. same old story - clanK!... it had me wondering well he's not hitting his usual shots so why not attack the basket and keep the defenses geussing? .. take a leaf out of Manu's book and play aggressive.. mix it up a bit and try for a higher percentage shot from closer in... it not like taking it to the basket is new to him, he just didn't give it a go.

to be fair, it could the nerves of landing on a foot that's stoping him from attacking but this is the playoffs now, excuse time is over.... so really, he needs to get over that hump and play like his old self... time to show up!
Old 05-01-05, 10:50 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

His ankle is still hurting. Very much so.

He just gets shots and treatments before the game to help with the pain.

Doesn't mean he will get the elevation and physical reaction he is used to.
Old 05-01-05, 10:57 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

maybe so

but last night was due to foul problems and never being able to get in his rhythm

he didnt even play 30 mins...and that was because he was on the bench for extended periods due to idiot refs

Quote:
time to show up
he looked great in game two and looked like his old self

24 points, 9 boards, 11-15 shooting

hopefully the refs will let him play tomorrow
Old 05-01-05, 11:01 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzG
I never got the impression last night with Duncan had anything to do with his ankle

he wasnt in Rhythm from the beginning....getting taken out with 3 early fouls didnt help. he looked fine to me running the court

look at how few mins he played...that was because of foul problems

not his ankle
If you watch carefully -- he is still favoring the ankle -- he'll jump off of his left foot and sometimes looks like he's tentative to jump for a rebound (maybe concerned about landing on someone's foot) -- believe me -- once you go through that -- you dont' want to go through it again.

I think it was a little bit of both last night... the fouls AND the ankle.

Hopefully he'll come back strong next game.
Old 05-01-05, 11:03 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs biggest fan
If you watch carefully -- he is still favoring the ankle -- he'll jump off of his left foot and sometimes looks like he's tentative to jump for a rebound (maybe concerned about landing on someone's foot) -- believe me -- once you go through that -- you dont' want to go through it again.
That is 100% on target and correct.
If you pop in the game tape and look for it, you can clearly see it time and again.
Old 05-01-05, 11:04 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzG
maybe so

but last night was due to foul problems and never being able to get in his rhythm

he didnt even play 30 mins...and that was because he was on the bench for extended periods due to idiot refs

he looked great in game two and looked like his old self

24 points, 9 boards, 11-15 shooting

hopefully the refs will let him play tomorrow
Some posters here said they expected a much tighter ref'ed game due to the all the hard fouls and the ejection.
I tend to agree, but whether this means a better game for the Spurs and TD remains to be seen.
Old 05-02-05, 09:26 AM
SpursReport Mod Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurssheriff
His ankle is still hurting. Very much so.

He just gets shots and treatments before the game to help with the pain.

Doesn't mean he will get the elevation and physical reaction he is used to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs biggest fan

I think it was a little bit of both last night... the fouls AND the ankle.

Hopefully he'll come back strong next game.
As I posted last night, the ankle does effect Duncan. Some games will be more than others. we and the spurs will have to live with this throughout the playoffs as Tim cannot get better as the playoffs go on. In order for it to be 100% he would have to just stop playing. Think about it. Tim is staying off his foot as much as possible even while at his home.
Tim will have to make the proper adjustments to his game and his temamates as well.
That is also why TP needs to step it up for every game and not just every other.
Old 05-02-05, 09:36 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

I think the other angle NO ONE is addressing in at least THIS thread is that Timmy is NOT at his top game shape.

You have to be at your top game shape to play well in the thin air in Denver - even then, it's difficult to adjust to the thin air. Having said that, imagine how much harder it is to play @ that altitude if you are NOT in your top game shape?

Timmy looked asleep offensively . . . his reaction time was slow on both ends. I suspect he was having some issues with acclimating to the altitude.

If my theory is correct, he should be better tonite.