Old 04-27-05, 11:25 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Carmel Apple is giving Denver nothing

Game one:

6-14, 14 points, 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 3 TO

But that was Wilt Chamberlain compared to

Game two:

5-14, 10 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 steals, 3 TO

Pretty lousy for a healthy, second year, third pick of the 2003 draft, centerpiece of the Nuggets franchise.

Did this guy REALLY lead Syracuse to a National Championship? It's hard to believe.
Old 04-27-05, 11:25 PM

2 words

Bruce B-OWNED
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-27-05, 11:26 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Pretty much another case for Bruce to be DPOY.
Old 04-27-05, 11:27 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Did this guy REALLY lead Syracuse to a National Championship? It's hard to believe.
He didnt have possibly this years DPOY locking him down then
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-27-05, 11:28 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I agree. What guard can escape Bruce Bowen? I think the guard/forward that has done the best against Bowen is McGrady, and that's because he took 25 something shots.
Old 04-27-05, 11:29 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

All of you are on point...and that's why Denver has been overrated by the experts.

If their best offensive option can be guarded into irrelevance, how are they supposed to beat anyone who doesn't go 10 minutes without a made field goal?
Old 04-27-05, 11:30 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Ha, carmel apple...i kinda like that. I usually stick to caramello though.
Old 04-27-05, 11:30 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR
2 words

Bruce B-OWNED
amen

werd

rack
Old 04-27-05, 11:49 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

SRJ - that is true, but what team's superstar guard/forward hasn't been taken down by Bowen repeatedly?
Old 04-27-05, 11:57 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennui30
SRJ - that is true, but what team's superstar guard/forward hasn't been taken down by Bowen repeatedly?
That's what I (and the others) were getting at earlier. People were overrating Denver when they overlooked Carmel Apple's poor play against Bowen.

If Tim consistently played poorly against Kenyon Martin (yeah right), the Nuggets would have much better chances against the Spurs. And I'm sure the media would have harped on that point.

Besides, I just thought I'd point it out.
Old 04-28-05, 12:01 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Bowen is just GREAT, DPOY for sure..........
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 04-28-05, 12:03 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

It is not just Bruce. The Spurs are double-teaming him, forcing him to either pass out or take tough shots. They will not let him beat them.
Old 04-28-05, 12:19 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Not worried about Carmelo.

Until he becomes a better passer out of the double team, he's not making plays to get his teammates involved.
Old 04-28-05, 12:22 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnwhuxley
It is not just Bruce. The Spurs are double-teaming him, forcing him to either pass out or take tough shots. They will not let him beat them.
right on the money,
without help defense we can't stop Melo, they rotate well on him while Bowen lock him down, and they took off the lobs passes he gets.
that's why he's gonna struggle against the spurs
Old 04-28-05, 12:25 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Denver doesnt expect melo to carry the team. He had a so-so game in the first game and a suck-ass game tonight.. but which Nugget didnt? Last year Trenton Hassell had Melo's number, and did a good job on him in all but one of the games. Its one of the things Karl has been working on with him.. we shall see whether he is able to adjust, or if he just gets frustrated.
Old 04-28-05, 12:27 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs 2-0, Rockets 2-2, Jazz 0-2
All of you are on point...and that's why Denver has been overrated by the experts.

If their best offensive option can be guarded into irrelevance, how are they supposed to beat anyone who doesn't go 10 minutes without a made field goal?
They have the great Kenyon Martin to pick up the slack.
Old 04-28-05, 12:27 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugdugg
Denver doesnt expect melo to carry the team. He had a so-so game in the first game and a suck-ass game tonight..
actually he had a suckass game both nights.....and i suppose the next thing your going to say is that Denver doesnt expect Melo to give them more than 10 points one night and 14 the next?
Old 04-28-05, 12:28 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennui30
I agree. What guard can escape Bruce Bowen? I think the guard/forward that has done the best against Bowen is McGrady, and that's because he took 25 something shots.

one of those guards is Lebron -- but that about it
Old 04-28-05, 12:34 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Now I can repost my pic and it has meaning!!!!

"There are many dying children out there whose last wish is to meet me" -David Hasselhoff
Old 04-28-05, 01:26 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

bowen went banzai, and that was it to it
Old 04-28-05, 01:38 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs biggest fan
one of those guards is Lebron -- but that about it
Really?

In two games against the Spurs, Lebron averaged 39% shooting 29% from three for 21.5ppg in 43.5mpg. Other than Houston (he had one bad game against TMac's defense and one game when he got hurt) and NY (go figure), that is the lowest ppg he's had against any team.
Old 04-28-05, 01:45 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnwhuxley
Really?

In two games against the Spurs, Lebron averaged 39% shooting 29% from three for 21.5ppg in 43.5mpg. Other than Houston (he had one bad game against TMac's defense and one game when he got hurt) and NY (go figure), that is the lowest ppg he's had against any team.
great stats- I love it when someone uses facts to slap someone in the face. Much more effective that name calling.
Old 04-28-05, 02:04 AM
SR's Resident Laker Hater

Bruce has been consistant and damn effective all year.

He's paid his dues and he plays the NBA's best as can be expected. Ask Ray Allen and all the other whiners. I'll give Kobe his due as that's the best back and forth , give and take in the NBA. He doesn't ***** and moan either....so far.

He deserves DPOY.
Old 04-28-05, 02:17 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuiDreams
Ha, carmel apple...i kinda like that. I usually stick to caramello though.
I kinda like "Carmela" better
Old 04-28-05, 01:24 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Carmelo can't play against Bruce
Old 04-28-05, 01:34 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Actually a lot of us stopping him involves running the same, basic principle play I've seen taught to high schoolers: Defend by forcing your cover to the baseline, so that you can trap him with a secondary defender.