News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 04-27-05, 06:52 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

All Games not Televised?

Luckily I see the Spurs vs. Denver game is nationally broadcasted, but the Chicago game is on NBATV. What's up with that? I thought all playoff games were supposed to be nationally televised. I don't think the Pistons game was nationally televised either. I just find that a bit disturbing, because this may mean missing Spurs games down the line.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-27-05, 06:53 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

are they on NBA TV? I thought some were on that
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-27-05, 06:53 PM
There is only 1 Ginobili!

According to the NBA, any game being carried on their NBA TV network is classified as nationally broadcasted.

Old 04-27-05, 07:25 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Yeah, some of these games are on NBA TV, which sucks, since I don't have it. Was it like this last year? I can't remember.
Old 04-27-05, 07:26 PM
SpursReport Rookie

yep, u better hook up that digital cable
Old 04-27-05, 07:27 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb320
yep, u better hook up that digital cable
yea atleast they are giving free NBATV preview i think..
Old 04-27-05, 07:31 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I saw a commercial that said there was an NBA free preview for the next few weeks. However, at least in San Antonio, I don't think it's free. It seems to get a free preview from Time Warner, one first has to upgrade to digital.

If anyone knows of another way to get NBA TV, please let us know.
Old 04-27-05, 07:34 PM
Now With More Eye of Newt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TodTango
According to the NBA, any game being carried on their NBA TV network is classified as nationally broadcasted.
exactly. it is another way for the NBA to force the carriers like Comcast and Clear Channel to BUY NBATV. So if enough consumers complain to Comcast "hey, why ain't I getting NBATV?" Then Comcast will have no choice but to buy it. But they never really "buy" it because they just past the cost down to you the consumer. I pay $5 extra a month for this and some other stupid sports channel I don't even watch. and I had NBA League Pass too!!! NBATV is NOT part of that package.

Really, the NBA is extorting us all with this.
Old 04-27-05, 07:36 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by knownalien
and I had NBA League Pass too!!! NBATV is NOT part of that package.
Really, the NBA is extorting us all with this.

Wow, thats incredible. The NBA has begun to make people pay for nearly everything. No more web radio broadcasts, few broadcast games, IN content, etc. I'm getting very sick and tired of them constantly finding new ways to get money.

"There are many dying children out there whose last wish is to meet me" -David Hasselhoff
Old 04-27-05, 07:42 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

It's not just the NBA that's doing it. It's the networks! They know what they're doing. I work for the cable company. The same thing is being talked about for Monday Night Football, next year it will be on ESPN (which you need cable or satellite to get)

It's all about the money, people are willing to pay for what they want to watch.

Go figure?

But yeah, the NBA free preview should be available nationwide either thru your cable or satellite provider from 4/23-5/6 so you can watch the first round action
Old 04-27-05, 07:46 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUROFTHAMOMENT
It's not just the NBA that's doing it. It's the networks! They know what they're doing. I work for the cable company. The same thing is being talked about for Monday Night Football, next year it will be on ESPN (which you need cable or satellite to get)

It's all about the money, people are willing to pay for what they want to watch.

Go figure?

But yeah, the NBA free preview should be available nationwide either thru your cable or satellite provider from 4/23-5/6 so you can watch the first round action
Yeah that is true. This way, the networks not only get the money from constant commericals, they also get the money from the customers' monthly payments. I bet the networks hate soccer, because it goes 45 minutes non stop, ie no commercials.

"There are many dying children out there whose last wish is to meet me" -David Hasselhoff
Old 04-27-05, 07:47 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

You have to sympathise with the NBA a little. Many of the players and people working in the offices are vastly underpaid! (note the sarcasm, but I refuse to use the rolling eyes smilie)

I thought every game would be televised, but yeah, NBA considers NBA TV nationally televised. That and Telemundo, which for the most part is, albeit difficult to watch if you're a non-spanish speaker
Old 04-27-05, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurfan15
Yeah that is true. This way, the networks not only get the money from constant commericals, they also get the money from the customers' monthly payments. I bet the networks hate soccer, because it goes 45 minutes non stop, ie no commercials.
you joke, but why do you think we hate the sport here?? because they don't show it to us. THEY have convinced us it's a boring sport and since we "like" and "hate" what they dictate to us be believe the hype . . . or lack of hype for soccer.

trust me, it's no coincidence. there is method to their madness.
Old 04-27-05, 07:53 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
you joke, but why do you think we hate the sport here?? because they don't show it to us. THEY have convinced us it's a boring sport and since we "like" and "hate" what they dictate to us be believe the hype . . . or lack of hype for soccer.

trust me, it's no coincidence. there is method to their madness.
Well, usually for soccer they have commercials running on the corner of the screen once in a while. And i DO find soccer boring, not because most ppl say so. I mean a game could go 90 minutes plus without scoring.

"We would have two less championships here if it wasn't for Manu Ginobili," Popovich said. "In my book, Manu Ginobili is the stud of the world."
Old 04-27-05, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapsuhdee
Well, usually for soccer they have commercials running on the corner of the screen once in a while. And i DO find soccer boring, not because most ppl say so. I mean a game could go 90 minutes plus without scoring.
sometimes things are not so obvious.
Old 04-27-05, 08:21 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Soccer is boring.....Unless you go watch my 5 year old son's team.
Old 04-27-05, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atx_1973
Soccer is boring.....Unless you go watch my 5 year old son's team.
think about it. how may 5 year olds play basketball?? you wouldn't want to watch that crap on an 8 foot rim. and yet somehow over the course of time it is basketball that survives.
Old 04-27-05, 09:59 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
think about it. how may 5 year olds play basketball?? you wouldn't want to watch that crap on an 8 foot rim. and yet somehow over the course of time it is basketball that survives.
One reason basketball can be popular is that you can play by yourself or with a team - I do both about equally. You can't really play baseball, football, hockey, or soccer by yourself.
Old 04-27-05, 10:47 PM
SpursReport Rookie

You can play soccer in the street , the beach, park ,desert,indoor,outdoor . All you need is any kind of ball. You cant play basketball anywhere....Thats the reason soccer is the number one sport worldwide.......
Old 04-27-05, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLadiesMike
One reason basketball can be popular is that you can play by yourself or with a team - I do both about equally. You can't really play baseball, football, hockey, or soccer by yourself.
So you've never seen people practice pitching and hitting @ the batting cages? Never seen some kid working on his slapshot? Never seen someone working on his soccer-ball handling skills?