News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 11-20-04, 10:01 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Rick Carlisle talks about the brawl

Pacers coach Rick Carlisle said, "I'm sorry the game had to end this way."

Bullsh*t!

The game DIDN'T have to end that way. Artest made the CHOICE to go into the stands. Jackson made a CHOICE to dive in. Wallace, O'Neal - all of them made the CHOICE to do what they did. The FANS, the crazy dumbass fans, made a CHOICE to charge the floor, throw beer, food, cups, and act like punk-ass criminals.

It's time they all learn that there are consequences to their actions.

And while I'm on a rant....

Memo to the ESPN announcers. You need to quit defending these thug players. Their behavior was no better than the fans' behavior.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-20-04, 10:18 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Artest destabilized the Pacers last year during the play-offs. A year before that a suspension because of flagrant fouls, costed Isaiah Thomas the coaching job. This year he wasnt available for few games because of his rap record label, and later lead S-Jax and O'Neal to make stupid things. Finally, the Pacers will have to play without their three best players for who knows, 10-20 games...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-20-04, 11:21 AM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Well I remember during the summer, upon hearing of Sjax trade to INdy, I wondered what that would turn out to be like and posted it here. Well, looks like its a marriage made in heaven, don't worry, Ron, Sjax has your back. But seriously I love Sjax and the energy he brings to a game, and up until last night he had'nt done a lot of bad things one minor tirade last year in Atlanta and a couple of outbursts here in SA but overall he was pretty much in control, but he has always been borderline, so you team him up with a real mental case like Artest, and it was just a bomb waiting to explode, last night we saw the results.
Old 11-20-04, 12:47 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Last year, when SJax signed that 6 year deal with Indiana, I posted that the Pacers were making a big mistake. At the time I wrote that I thought SJax had great talent but I didn't think he could handle a long term deal without losing self control. He is the type of player that needs short contracts to keep him focused. Now the Pacers are going to have to trade him and will most likely settle for way less than they deserve, based on talent alone.
Old 11-20-04, 12:58 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Hope Rip didn't break his face again!
Old 11-20-04, 01:08 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

its not Artest's fault....the person who interrupted the game by throwing the drink/cup
on Artest is the one who started the whole thing. Artest just made it worse.

Sith