News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-19, 11:56 AM
SR Team Goof

Kawhi and Danny return to SA tonight (3Jan)

Leonard and Green and the whole Toronto Raptor team play the Spurs tonight (3Jan) at 7pm (Central) at the AT&T Center. It will be a nationally televised game on TNT.

Do you thnk Kawhi will be suited up and play or will he be on he bench in civies watching like he did his last season with the Spurs? Or will he be in the locker room or his hotel room watching the game on TV? Or will he not accompany the team to San Antonio?

If he does decide to play, what kind of reception will he receive from the AT&T Center attendees when his name is announced? How about Danny Green?

Do you think he'll shake Pop's hand before/after the game? I know Danny Green will.

GoSpursGo!!!
Old 01-03-19, 01:28 PM
SR Team Goof

Here’s more on the Raptors and Spurs, with a focus on the two stars involved in July’s blockbuster:

Speaking to reporters, including Michael C. Wright of ESPN.com, Spurs coach Gregg Popovich downplayed the importance of Thursday’s reunion, calling it a “waste of our time” to rehash the details of Leonard’s exit from San Antonio. “You move on in life,” he said. “We’re not going to redo what’s happened in the past in any way, shape or form. It’s of no consequence at this point, and it does no good to go backward and talk about this, that or the other.”

For what it’s worth, within his story on Leonard (detailed above), Bontemps reports that Popovich, who said in November that Leonard “wasn’t a leader,” has regretted making those comments — and the way that they were perceived.

Jabari Young of The Athletic takes a look at Thursday’s reunion from both sides, citing one source close to Leonard who says the All-Star forward doesn’t hold any hard feeling toward the Spurs. Meanwhile, a source close to DeRozan offered the following assessment of DeMar’s impressions of the Spurs’ organization: “He has never experienced the amount of professionalism from a day-to-day basis from a coach, GM, or organization that he has in his short term in San Antonio.”

DeRozan spoke a little more this week about unexpectedly being traded by the Raptors, telling reporters – including Eric Koreen of The Athletic – that he had wanted to remain with the team and “break every single record” in Toronto. “Sometimes you don’t get in life the opportunity to marry the woman you felt was the woman of your dreams,” DeRozan said. “So, it just happens that way.”

Link to article: https://www.hoopsrumors.com/san-antonio-spurs
Old 01-04-19, 02:08 AM
SR Team Goof

Spurs win 125-107. Derozan gets a triple double, the first of his career. Impressive win!!

GoSpursGo!!
Old 01-04-19, 08:56 AM
SR Team Goof

For those of you who did not see the game, the Spurs management put together a very nice film tribute to both Kawhi and Danny of their exploits while wearing the Spurs uniform. I thought it was pretty classy. During player introductions, Green got a nice ovation when introduced. Kawhi, who was introduced next, didn’t, welcomed back with a strong chorus of boos. In my opinion, not very classy of Spurs fans, but there are Spurs fans who were very hurt with him leaving. Then, just before the tipoff, Danny did his usual handshakes, fist bumps to players, referees and instead of waving over to the opponent’s bench, he went over, shook Pop’s hand and got a hug in return. Danny also shook a few coaches’ hands and waved to the bench. All throughout the game, any time Kawhi touched the ball he was greeted with boos. Kawhi, I believe, did get his point average but I don’t think Danny even got a point, missing a few of his 3-point shots very badly. When all was played out, the Spurs did quite well, winning 125-107. When the Spurs got the lead very early in the first quarter, they never relinquished it. As for DeMar Derozan, he just got his first triple double of the season and the Spurs were all smiles. When the game was over, I saw what I hoped I would see, Kawhi shaking Pop’s hand and getting his hugs and smiles all around. Kawhi was greeted by quite a few of the Spurs players and coaches as well. Even our own Lonnie Walker got into the game at the remaining 4-minute point of the game. He missed a really nice drive to the hole on one occasion but hit a 3 pointer from way down town. I came away from the game with a lighter heart and finally said my goodbyes to both Kawhi and Danny as well.
Old 01-07-19, 09:00 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

i wish there weren't as many boos. the guy won us a championship that we wouldn't have gotten without his lockdown on lebron and offensive spurts.
but yeah, he sucks for leaving. haha
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-07-19, 01:50 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan9 View Post
i wish there weren't as many boos. the guy won us a championship that we wouldn't have gotten without his lockdown on lebron and offensive spurts.
but yeah, he sucks for leaving. haha
Whoa there.... I think you overestimate his importance on that team, key word here being TEAM. There were a few more Spurs just as deserving as Kawhi to get MVP as it was a true TEAM win.

With that logic you are telling me andre iguodala won the championship for the Warriors the next season because of his lockdown on lebron and offensive spurts.
Old 01-09-19, 09:49 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

lol. every game is a TEAM effort. 4 on 5 would not work out well. let alone 1 on 5.
yes sir u are right
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!