News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-18, 12:43 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Pop gets petty. tries to devalue Kawhi. Leonard takes high road.

looks like Pop either getting senile or just petty. or just lashing out since he's hurt. trying to find way to diss kawhi.
lol
maybe he should focus on trying to get a win and into the playoffs before worrying about dissing kawhi; who's LEADing his team to a 1st place seed.

Kawhi Leonard of Toronto Raptors on Gregg Popovich criticism -- 'It's funny to me'

there may have been more senior players on the team, but he lead when he was on court by winning games. yeah, he didnt lead when he was hurt, but why suddenly is pop trying to get controversial lol. he says only nice things about all other players. dudes getting old
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-26-18, 06:23 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Not a good look for Pop. Can't imagine why he let this fly...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-26-18, 07:00 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I've never been a huge pop fan but what did he say that is wrong? Being a great player does not make you a great leader. Pretty simple really.
Old 11-26-18, 07:01 PM
SR Team Goof

Good point, necron. My first thought was whether losing his wife has made him less restrained in his comments than he normally would be. She was his voice of conscience. Or maybe he is telling it like it is, from his point of view, regardless.
Old 11-26-18, 10:36 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

nothing to do with whether its true or not. but he always only compliments players. new old retired. he basically struck kawhi. prob the first time he's ever done that. on a player whos probably the top 3 w lebron and curry in the league. top 5 w anthony davis and antetekoumpo maybe i should add. but he's 1st place.
so just saying it was petty.
not dissecting whether it was true. the statement is generally reasonable. though one could argue he led by example on court.
Old 11-27-18, 08:49 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Don’t have a problem whatsoever with what Pop said. Timing is way off though. I wish Kawhi the best, but he was never a leader and “lead by example” line is just that - a line and nothing else. If you’re not playing, you sit your ass down and root for your brethren until the cows come home. And regarding Toronto’s record, can’t say that it’s all due to KL, their team is stacked and their bench was the best in the league just last year. Majority of their team already had chemistry prior to the start of the season. In no way is our squad comparable to TO in any way

- Confucius