News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 07-31-18, 12:40 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

guess the primary starting lineup?

maybe this would be a fun game to play while waiting for the season. not sure the spurs are gonna make any more trades. i guess there's plenty of players who have potential but will it truly come to fruition and knowing pop likes his old guys yet at the same time has recently shown he's ready to bench his old guys (parker! before gasol). the lineup will change, but what will end up being the most consistent starting lineup? will bertrans finally get his chance, and is he strong enough to play center like boner along side aldridge. or will it still be gasol. will poeltl get a starting chance as a first year spurs (doubt it)...etc. is injure prone gay gonna start? or still be a bench guy w monitored minutes. whos gonna be the primary 3 subs? well ginobili of course.
i assume 3 starting positions are set:

G Murray
G DeRozan
F xyz
F Aldridge
C xyz

================================================== ===============

G Murray/Mills/abc
G DeRozan/Ginobili/abc
F Gay/abc
F Aldridge/Gasol
C Bertrans/Poeltl

i think mills will get default time as pop seems to like him.
i think between the 1,2,3 (abc) spots there will be a lot of random equal appropriation of minutes. really hard to predict who will emerge.
theres
Forbes, ?Paul, Belineli, DWhite, rookieWalker .doubt any of them will get enough minutes to make significant impact unless injury.

as im writing this im realizing that, i see DeRozan will probably be playing more SF spot because of all the gaurds we have. maybe even start as SF.

G Murray/Forbes
G Mills/Ginobili
F DeRozan/Gay
F Aldridge/Gasol
C Bertrans/Poeltl
?????
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-31-18, 12:41 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

well i guess that was kinda fun. but also makes you realize there is a serious lack of known stars/talent on the team. lol.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-31-18, 01:19 PM
SR Team Goof

I would suppose the Spurs' primary starting lineup wouldn't be set until around or after mid-season (all-star break). However, here’s my starting lineup for the 30 Sep preseason game against the Miami Heat. Given that Pop likes to experiment during the preseason and in early part of the regular season, we’ll probably see all kinds of weird combinations out there. Does anybody think this preseason is starting a lot earlier than in past seasons or is it just me?

PG Murray
SG Belinelli
SF DeRozan
PF Aldridge
C Poeltl
Old 07-31-18, 02:01 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I agree with most of the thinking here. At any given time, there has to be a dedicated 3pt threat. That means, Mills, Beli, and a lesser extent Bertrans.

Now in the Drew league, not saying much from it, Gay did look to have gained a very nice 3pt stroke where DeRozen was still slashing or going mid-range.
Old 07-31-18, 02:03 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

PG - Murray
SG - DeRozan
SF - Gay
PF - Aldridge
C - Gasol

Main team coming off the bench
PG - Mills
SG - White/Ginobili
SF - Belinelli
PF - Bertans
C - Poeltl
Old 07-31-18, 02:27 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
PG - Murray
SG - DeRozan
SF - Gay
PF - Aldridge
C - Gasol

Main team coming off the bench
PG - Mills
SG - White/Ginobili
SF - Belinelli
PF - Bertans
C - Poeltl
As I said above, even though this is the most talented starting group, probably doesn't give the spacing needed unless proven otherwise. Gay, Aldridge, and DeRozan are all going to get into each other's sweet shooting spot. Preseason will be interesting to watch.
Old 08-01-18, 10:21 PM
SR Team Goof

Hey folks, I completely forgot about Dante Cunningham!!!
Old 08-02-18, 10:17 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
Hey folks, I completely forgot about Dante Cunningham!!!
dont worry, his spot w the toros is secure

haha 🤣