News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-18, 01:20 PM
SR Team Goof

Am I seeing things that arenít there??

I don’t know if y’all noticed this little tidbit in the sports news but free agent Luc Mbah A Moute, who recently played the last two years with Houston and a FA the Spurs were very much interested in, probably because of his defensive abilities, agreed to a Clippers deal for 1 year, $4.3 million. One of the locations that the media said Leonard preferred to be traded to was the LA Clippers. But, at the time, it was reported that the Spurs felt the Clippers roster didn’t offer that much in trade value. However, with the addition of Luc Mbah A Moute, add Tobias and any one or two of Avery Bradley, Patrick Beverly, Shai Gilgeous Alexander or even Boban Marjanovic might make a pretty good trade. But my knowledge is a little weak concerning the recent signings of free agents and their eligibility to be included in an immediate trade --- would their being included in a trade pass muster with NBA league by-laws? A trade package like that from the Clippers would satisfy me at least. We might even have to throw someone in to balance the trade, Mills for instance?
Old 07-10-18, 01:39 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
I donít know if yíall noticed this little tidbit in the sports news but free agent Luc Mbah A Moute, who recently played the last two years with Houston and a FA the Spurs were very much interested in, probably because of his defensive abilities, agreed to a Clippers deal for 1 year, $4.3 million. One of the locations that the media said Leonard preferred to be traded to was the LA Clippers. But, at the time, it was reported that the Spurs felt the Clippers roster didnít offer that much in trade value. However, with the addition of Luc Mbah A Moute, add Tobias and any one or two of Avery Bradley, Patrick Beverly, Shai Gilgeous Alexander or even Boban Marjanovic might make a pretty good trade. But my knowledge is a little weak concerning the recent signings of free agents and their eligibility to be included in an immediate trade --- would their being included in a trade pass muster with NBA league by-laws? A trade package like that from the Clippers would satisfy me at least. We might even have to throw someone in to balance the trade, Mills for instance?
Players signed in the summer cannot be traded until December.
Old 07-10-18, 01:52 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Sorry... but that would be a horrible trade for Kawhi. These are all cast-offs for the most part. I would rather keep him and see what happens then to give him up for that. And I don't believe and it's very rare to sign guys just to trade them unless it's agreed to ahead of time like a sign and trade.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-10-18, 07:39 PM
SR Team Goof

To tell you the truth, I don’t care if it’s the worse trade we make, we’d be getting a few quality players in return, in my opinion. I’m just getting tired of this little soap opera drama going on. Has Leonard even been seen in public since he sat in on some of the Spurs regular season games? You know, however way this whole thing plays out or whatever team Leonard plays for, I don’t relish the reception I think he’ll get when he’s introduced to the crowd, even when it might be at the AT&T Center downtown wearing the silver and black.
Old 07-10-18, 07:45 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
To tell you the truth, I donít care if itís the worse trade we make, weíd be getting a few quality players in return, in my opinion. Iím just getting tired of this little soap opera drama going on. Has Leonard even been seen in public since he sat in on some of the Spurs regular season games? You know, however way this whole thing plays out or whatever team Leonard plays for, I donít relish the reception I think heíll get when heís introduced to the crowd, even when it might be at the AT&T Center downtown wearing the silver and black.
I get what you are saying and that's how everyone feels. Luckily management continues to keep the focus on the future and the best deal possible instead of reacting to all the drama and irritation in making a bad deal. I personally don't even look for news on this subject anymore. Just enjoy the summer league games and watch and read about something else lol. Who knows, maybe something happens right after the Olympic 2 day meeting.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-10-18, 08:09 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I am holding hope he resigns. The SuperMax can be offered in less than 7 days from this point. If that point comes and no max contract is offered and signed, a move will be made. I think the FO will be waiting until then and that is their line in the sand so to speak.

- Confucius
Old 07-10-18, 10:07 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurduncan21 View Post
I am holding hope he resigns. The SuperMax can be offered in less than 7 days from this point. If that point comes and no max contract is offered and signed, a move will be made. I think the FO will be waiting until then and that is their line in the sand so to speak.
I wasn't aware that there was a timeline tacked to the signing of a supermax deal. Hypothetically, let's say there is no deal, do you think the Spurs would still retain their leverage with the possible trade teams (Lakers, Sixers, Raptors, Clippers) or do these teams back off, knowing that the Spurs can't sign Leonard and have to trade him?