News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-18, 11:07 PM
SR Team Goof

Kawhi Leonardís group hid him from the Spurs during his rehab

Report: Kawhi Leonardís group hid him from the Spurs during his rehab

The Spursí superstar was reportedly hidden from San Antonioís reps while in New York.
By Tanner.Bowen

The Kawhi Leonard saga, which has been all over the place as of late, took another turn today with a new detail regarding the Spurs forwardís rehab process during the season to return from his quad injury.

Michael C. Wright, a Spurs reporter for ESPN, made an appearance on the Back to Back POD podcast with Bleacher Report Mag writer Tom Haberstroh to discuss the ongoing drama between Leonard and the Spurs. The mind-blowing bit of information that he dropped? That Kawhi Leonard, while undergoing rehab in New York this season, was hidden on one occasion from members of the Spursí organization by his representatives so that they couldnít see Leonard and check on his progress.

Wright and Habestroh also discussed where the forward could end up next season, with Wright explaining that he has heard that Kawhi would prefer to play for the Los Angeles Clippers rather than the Lakers, which is in contrast to what was previously reported by ESPNís Adrian Wojnarowski on The Woj Pod recently. You can listen to the relevant audio by checking out the clips in the following two tweets:

Tom Haberstroh @tomhaberstroh
ESPN Spurs reporter @mikecwright bottled up a lot of wild Kawhi/Spurs stories. But he did share this one anecdote on @back2backpod:
The time Kawhiís people tried to hide Kawhi from Spurs staffers in NYC
Full episode here: http://bit.ly/KawhiB2B pic.twitter.com/aVsrisQbab

Tom Haberstroh @tomhaberstroh
I asked the super plugged-in @mikecwright where Kawhi goes.
His answer...
Full @back2backpod Kawhi POD with @coachthorpe: http://bit.ly/KawhiB2B pic.twitter.com/nEosm68qlN

Yup, this is just the latest in the crazy story that shows no signs of stopping.

Link to article: https://www.poundingtherock.com/2018...new-york-rehab
Old 07-05-18, 11:18 PM
SR Team Goof

You know, even though we're only 5 days into free agency, I wish the Spurs FO would take the best offer they have on the table for Leonard and go with it. I'm starting to get real sick and tired of hearing this drama play out every time I tune into the any sports channel or read it on any sports website. And the Spurs don't need to be characters in this soap opera any longer either. They need to get their roster and personnel set, resign any RFAs left, allow any new faces to the team to get acquainted in the gym, find out what Manu wants to do and do some pre-training camp prep for the remainder of the summer. If Leonard and his people don't want to be in San Antonio any longer, have a media crew camp out in front of his residence (wherever that might be), put a mick in front of his face and let him voice his opinion (that's if he knows how to speak). Let's get this show on the road.
Old 07-06-18, 04:27 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I agree that I am tired of constantly seeing this. I want to get somewhat good value though too. If we are going to get almost nothing then I would rather us play it out and let him leave for nothing next year. If we can get something decent (good young player and pick) then I might almost take it and move on.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!