News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-18, 01:34 AM
SR Team Goof

Sources: Spurs to sign Marco Belinelli to two-year deal

San Antonio will also bring in Marco Belinelli, who agreed to a two-year, $12 million deal with the team, a league source told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Belinelli returns to San Antonio after playing a couple of seasons for the Spurs between 2013 and 2015. He played a combined 80 games for Atlanta and Philadelphia last season, averaging a career-high 21.1 points per game.

Gay opted out of the final year of his contact with the Spurs on June 14 that paid $8.8 million. Yahoo Sports first reported the news on Gay.

The 12-year NBA veteran averaged 11.5 points and 5.1 rebounds last season in his first season with the Spurs in a career-low 21.6 minutes per game.

The 6-foot-8, 230-pounder also proved last season that he had recovered from a season-ending Achilles' tendon tear that he suffered during his 2016-17 campaign with the Sacramento Kings.

Link to article: San Antonio Spurs to re-sign Rudy Gay to one-year, $10 million contract
Old 07-01-18, 09:28 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Can anyone explain this signing? We have enough guards! Even if Manu retires and Parker does not return we have enough guards. If Kawhi is traded then we dont need more old people. He could be an expensive player that sits on the bench. We need more bigs.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-01-18, 09:47 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

spurs gotta take what they get.

word out in nba is kawhi has soiled spurs name. already a small market no one wanted tocome to before, it is now marked w a big X.
so jst signing whoever is willing to put their john hamcoco on the offer sheet to get the to the minimum roster?
?is it true?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-01-18, 09:57 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

I can explain it. Belinelli basically replaces Manu. He does a fantastic job of running the offense creating shots for other people and keeping things moving for the second string . He will help Rudy Gay score more points
Old 07-01-18, 10:38 AM
SR Team Goof

Plus the Spurs are keeping with the 'small ball' concept. But I do agree, we do need a few more bigs, Aldridge and Gasol aren't going to cut it and Bertans has been signed yet.
Old 07-01-18, 12:04 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkfan View Post
Can anyone explain this signing? We have enough guards! Even if Manu retires and Parker does not return we have enough guards. If Kawhi is traded then we dont need more old people. He could be an expensive player that sits on the bench. We need more bigs.
One of the worst 3 point shooting teams the Spurs have had in a long time, cheap short contract, was big off the bench for Philly, knows the system, possible Manu retirement, Spurs lack scorers.... kind of explains itself.
Old 07-01-18, 02:15 PM
SpursReport Team Member

there were better younger players that would have gone for the MLE and given us more upside. We have plenty of 3 pt shooters they just are not getting open looks because we were waiting for Kawhi to come back. This will be another bad signing just like Mills was last year. He will keep our young guys from playing.
Old 07-02-18, 01:20 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkfan View Post
there were better younger players that would have gone for the MLE and given us more upside. We have plenty of 3 pt shooters they just are not getting open looks because we were waiting for Kawhi to come back. This will be another bad signing just like Mills was last year. He will keep our young guys from playing.
Who would you rather have at the MLE? And dont they still have the MLE?
Old 07-02-18, 08:35 PM
SpursReport Team Member

No they dont have the MLE that is the biggest reason why I think it was a bad signing. If we would have got him with the biannual then it would not have been so bad. Still think bad but not as bad.

As far as who I would rather have. Mario Hezonja would have been my first choice. My second choice would have been Glen Robinson III. He would have been cheaper. The other player I would like us to get would be Alex Len. Another big I would not mind us going after who i think we could get on vet min or slightly more would be Noah Vonleh. I am sure there are other wings or bigs out there. We have enough guards.
Old 07-02-18, 08:55 PM
SR Team Goof

I'd go for Len, maybe even Brook Lopez, if both a cheap.
Old 07-02-18, 11:06 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

lol.

omg.

what is the point. seriously? Demarcus cousins to warriors?

jst shut it down. send kawhi to whoever gives a fudge. bc theres no nba. lol, this is a joke.
Old 07-03-18, 01:24 AM
SR Team Goof

I read that Cousins won't be joining the GSW club, actively, until around Feb due to rehab.
Old 07-03-18, 06:52 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Yeah I'm really getting tired of these super teams. And to make it worse is how there is no competition from the east besides Boston and philly.