News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 07-01-18, 01:02 AM
SR Team Goof

Spurs To Re-Sign Rudy Gay

Veteran forward Rudy Gay has committed to re-sign with the Spurs on a one-year, $10MM deal, league sources tell Shams Charania of Yahoo Sports.

Gay winds up with a modest raise after opting out of a contract that would have paid him $8,826,300 next season. Factoring in a 20% raise from his $8,406,000 salary for 2017/18, the Spurs could go as high as $10,087,200 for Gay’s next deal using his Non-Bird rights.

The 31-year-old forward assumed a reduced role in his first year in San Antonio, but was able to bounce back from a torn left Achilles tendon he suffered in Sacramento. Gay managed 57 games for the Spurs, averaging 11.5 points and 5.1 rebounds per night.

Another year removed from that Achilles injury, Gay could be in for a larger role in San Antonio for the 2018/19 season, particularly if trade candidate Kawhi Leonard doesn’t return.

The Spurs’ other key small forward, Kyle Anderson, is also no lock to return, though the team is expected to make an effort to re-sign the restricted free agent.

Having presumably used Gay’s Non-Bird rights to strike a deal with the veteran forward, the Spurs will still have their mid-level exception available.

Link to article: https://www.hoopsrumors.com/san-antonio-spurs
Old 07-01-18, 09:25 AM
SpursReport Team Member

This signing I like. I think he could be good for us next year nad still keep us competitive.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-01-18, 09:49 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

interesting.

now he has a starting SF spot!

cool
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-01-18, 09:55 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Good
Old 07-04-18, 04:03 AM
Resident Non-conformist

Now I can re-follow him on twitter LOL.
Old 07-06-18, 07:45 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

what hPpened to spurs keeping their vet stars?
did spurs really offer gay the 10 mill but not parker?
obviously we need gays position more but they seemed to go out of their way to keep their special players.
i wanna kno if tp9 said its ok u wanna leave so u can hry my playing yime back. that wud make sense.
or is it all jst crashing and burning
Old 07-06-18, 08:19 PM
SR Team Goof

The truth: I think we'll hear about as much about what happened in the negotiations between TP9 and the Spurs FO as we have or will hear about the Spurs and Leonard. Zilch.
Old 07-06-18, 09:36 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan9 View Post
what hPpened to spurs keeping their vet stars?
did spurs really offer gay the 10 mill but not parker?
obviously we need gays position more but they seemed to go out of their way to keep their special players.
i wanna kno if tp9 said its ok u wanna leave so u can hry my playing yime back. that wud make sense.
or is it all jst crashing and burning
Gay is worth much more than Parker at this point in their careers.

5 mill a year for parker . . . . Yea it would be great to keep him, but not at the expense of a young upcoming player.
Old 07-07-18, 08:30 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
Gay is worth much more than Parker at this point in their careers.

5 mill a year for parker . . . . Yea it would be great to keep him, but not at the expense of a young upcoming player.
Agreed and the Spurs have a lot of guards that need minutes right now.