News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-18, 01:57 PM
Resident Non-conformist

Kawhi HEB Commercial Forshadows Timultuous Year

Not sure if anyone has already shared this take. I'm definately being toungue and cheek here.

I can't help but think about this HEB commercial over and over again.

https://youtu.be/fJJTVwmiCiU

Maybe I'm over romanticising things a bit but the parallels of this commercial and what the media is portraying as Kawhi's perspective are uncanny.Take a leap of faith Kawhi! Teammates don't follow his path/lead. Instead they hang back and seemingly laugh at him because he will ALWAYS due what he's told in the name of the SPURS. As he leaps from the plane alone Tony yells GO! SPURS! GO!, to cushion the blow of being overly trusting and gullible. This leaves Kawhi thinking "I wonder what else I'm missing?".

It would be easy for anybody to spin that narrative, his injury, and his team's negative comments (Tony, Manu,Pop) to create dissention and ultimately influence his actions. If this assessment is anywhere close to to how Kawhi perceives his current team it can mean only one thing. That he's a follower and NOT the leader we need. Enough of the conjecture though. Let the chips fall where they may. He's still a SPUR until he leaves.

Go! Spurs! Go!
Old 06-22-18, 03:19 PM
SR Team Goof

Leonard is not an alpha dog. Even if he does raise his voice or make an obvious objection to a ref’s call, it almost looks like he shrinks back into his timid self and goes about his business. When Pop reads him the riot act on the sideline, same as Pop does to everybody, it even appears at times Leonard’s looking for a place to hide. But Pop has continually given him the green light in his play. That’s why in this whole post recovery process since his injury, I believe somebody is pulling his chain and influencing him in the decision-making process, if he’s even making the decisions. But if he does move to another team, I wish him well since he has given the Spurs his best, excluding this past year, and the Spurs have thrived from it.
Old 06-22-18, 03:26 PM
Resident Non-conformist

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
Leonard is not an alpha dog. Even if he does raise his voice or make an obvious objection to a ref’s call, it almost looks like he shrinks back into his timid self and goes about his business. When Pop reads him the riot act on the sideline, same as Pop does to everybody, it even appears at times Leonard’s looking for a place to hide. But Pop has continually given him the green light in his play. That’s why in this whole post recovery process since his injury, I believe somebody is pulling his chain and influencing him in the decision-making process, if he’s even making the decisions. But if he does move to another team, I wish him well since he has given the Spurs his best, excluding this past year, and the Spurs have thrived from it.
I definately see what you mean and have heard others describe him as crumbling under pressure. I guess I'm still in denial and would rather think of him as arrogant rather than lacking cajones.
Old 06-22-18, 03:38 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

its cojones
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-22-18, 03:58 PM
SR Team Goof

And I could be wrong here but I could swear I read an article where Leonard, during this whole process, didn’t want to be alone with Pop and/or RC but wanted one of ‘his’ people with him. Then again, that could have been the article’s author’s spin on the situation.
Old 06-23-18, 11:11 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

dam. yeah, they threw him off the plane. messed up. whos idea was that. definitely the start of it all. speaks volumes
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-23-18, 01:07 PM
SR Team Goof

The Spurs didn’t throw anybody under the bus if you're talking about Leonard. If fact, I think the Spurs were trying to give him a nudge to get his act going. If anything is true, I think Leonard has been given a free ride, up to the start of last season. The mistake the Spurs made was that they featured Leonard as the ‘new leader’ of the Spurs once Duncan retired. Leonard is no leader, by example maybe, but not verbally where he can direct a course of action on the floor. He’s a follower and he followed a few good ‘leaders’ in Duncan, Parker and Ginobili. Whether he was overwhelmed or ‘scared’ to make this leap, nobody seems to know because it ain’t in him and he ain’t talking. Give him a proven ‘leader’ to follow like the Duncan, Parker or Ginobili or a possible teammate in Lebron James, then Leonard is going to be one of the best ‘followers’ you will ever see. Put him out in front of the troops and he might give a good or maybe great performance but he can’t direct the troops. You’ll probably say that leading the troops is Pop’s or Parker’s responsibility, then I’ll tell you that you’ve never played basketball or any sport. There are two leaders on a team in a basketball game, one on the bench giving directions and one on the floor making sure they are carried out. Parker has been battle tested over the years and is now sitting the bench. Maybe the Spurs did throw Leonard under the bus, in the sense that they put him on the court and mistakenly gave him the moniker as ‘leader’, yup, they did throw him under the bus. If Leonard would have sat down with Pop or anybody and voiced his concerns before ‘his people’ (the people talking for Leonard) blabbed to the press he wanted a trade, we might not be In the situation we’re in. Oh, I forgot, Leonard is not a leader but a follower, somebody from Leonard’s group should have told Leonard what to do but they probably didn’t get the memo until it was too late. It took me a while to figure this Leonard fiasco out but the bricks did finally land on my head and woke me up. Oh well, Leonard will probably become the best ‘follower’ selected for the Hall of Fame. He probably could have had a better resume if he would have just opened his mouth. Maybe somebody on the Spurs probably forgot to tell him what the mouth is used for. Sad. Leonard might have become a good 'leader'; however, that won't happen in this lifetime because he (or his people) have said they don't want to play in San Antonio. And he'll still be a 'follower' on another team because there will probably be a chosen 'leader' already in place. If I sound a little harsh, sorry, I probably opened my mouth too many times. I’m just sad I probably won’t be able to wear my Leonard #2 t-shirt again. There’s always the Goodwill.
Old 06-24-18, 01:50 AM
SR Team Goof

This is the funniest article and info I've read in a while.

When it comes to Kawhi Leonard, the Spurs seem determined to either fix the situation or trade him to an Eastern Conference team, according to Amick, who says that Western clubs inquiring on Leonard have “been told, in essence, to get lost.” We heard earlier this week that the Spurs “basically shut the door” on the Lakers when they called about Leonard.

Link to article: https://www.hoopsrumors.com/san-antonio-spurs
Old 06-24-18, 09:40 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

kawhi leonard for anthony davis. done and done.

even ran it threw trade checker.
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradec..._trade/7076630
Old 07-04-18, 03:49 AM
Resident Non-conformist

All of our strengths are our weaknesses and vice versa. If there is one thing that I still admire about KL its his determination. Once he gets an idea in his head he won't let it go.Thats why he literally willed wins to happen just two short years ago. Now he has all the wrong ideas. The HEB commercial is just one possible seed that could have been easily been planted by the wrong people.
Old 07-04-18, 03:54 AM
Resident Non-conformist

This trade worked too! Thanks for sharing the link. I could stay on trade checker for hours.

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradec..._trade/7089198
Old 07-04-18, 10:39 AM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPURSGIRL4Life View Post
This trade worked too! Thanks for sharing the link. I could stay on trade checker for hours.
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradec..._trade/7089198

You had better stay on that site a few more hours 'cause this one is never happening, unless I'm dreaming.