News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-20-18, 01:37 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

According to Stephen A. Smith...

Kawhi looked Pop square in the face and said he doesn't want to be there...wants to be traded and the Spurs are wasting their time in trying to talk him into staying. Kawhi and his group are equally to fault for this situation. Stop blaming doctors for you wants or needs. Doctors misdiagnose things ask the time. Welcome to the the imperfect world.

That's why they PRACTICE medicine! Does he think the Spurs were trying to do it on purpose to undercut him on his super max contract....NOT! Does he feel he shouldn't steak up as a man cause his dad was tragically killed? Or is it his uncle force feeding this crap into his mind. I'm American and I know how older black relatives will twist the WHITE MANS intentions when there isn't anything there. All races do it...none will admit it!

People screw up, things happen...But if you're not man enough to forgive someone, then you're useless to us...by team and by humans in general. So if it was about the diagnosis or guys calling you out...get over yourself, learn how to communicate and discuss what's going on. Don't cut people out, get paid 19 million and not even have the courtesy to speak to the guys you've ruled with for 7 years! Such a punk move.

If so get rid of him and find a real leader...alpha. Barely a Beta...might even be a Charlie!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-20-18, 01:54 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Well...

It is what it is. I can only hope that the Spurs get a nice haul for him at this point.

And there are multiple parties at fault here. I think if the Spurs had kept their normal stance on keeping things in house, maybe... maybe, Kawhi would have returned and felt comfortable patching things up. But when you have Tony Parker, Manu, and Pop speaking out publicly, it's pretty much a done deal. We will never know the true story about what happened and didn't happen so at this point I am looking forward to seeing what the Spurs get for him. Kind of wished they took advantage last year and traded with Boston (i.e. Tatum included in traded) however now they will have multiple teams calling so more opportunity. Will anything happen before Thurs though? Hmmm... its about to get interesting.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-20-18, 02:02 PM
SR Team Goof

Call me crazy, call me suspicious, call me way off base, call me a loon………. I don’t care what you call me but I just have this feeling that this whole fiasco has somehow been choregraphed for Leonard. How does this shy guy suddenly start roaring like a lion? Somebody has their hand in the middle of Leonard’s back pushing him in this direction and it started a long while ago. Everything he’s accomplished while in the NBA he can thank the Spurs and Coach Pop for and now he’s declaring foul because of a supposedly bad diagnosis, and now he wants to pack his bags and hit the road. Of course, there’s no tampering in the NBA but I smell a connection, it may not be a direct connection, but I truly believe it leads right to Magic Johnson and the Lakers, with maybe a slight diversion to Cleveland and Lebron. This has the same smell and outline of when Wade and Bosh met up with Lebron in Miami. Maybe I’m chasing shadows or just thinking it’s a conspiracy theory or what, but that’s what I think.

Let me hold the door for you on your way out, Leonard.
Old 06-20-18, 02:18 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
Call me crazy, call me suspicious, call me way off base, call me a loonÖÖÖ. I donít care what you call me but I just have this feeling that this whole fiasco has somehow been choregraphed for Leonard. How does this shy guy suddenly start roaring like a lion? Somebody has their hand in the middle of Leonardís back pushing him in this direction and it started a long while ago. Everything heís accomplished while in the NBA he can thank the Spurs and Coach Pop for and now heís declaring foul because of a supposedly bad diagnosis, and now he wants to pack his bags and hit the road. Of course, thereís no tampering in the NBA but I smell a connection, it may not be a direct connection, but I truly believe it leads right to Magic Johnson and the Lakers, with maybe a slight diversion to Cleveland and Lebron. This has the same smell and outline of when Wade and Bosh met up with Lebron in Miami. Maybe Iím chasing shadows or just thinking itís a conspiracy theory or what, but thatís what I think.

Let me hold the door for you on your way out, Leonard.
I don't think it was that clean of a connection. I truly think with the way Kawhi has presented himself all these years that he was hurt that his teammates and coach threw him under the bus no matter what the circumstances were or if he was wrong or right. And his family or whoever was talking in his ear made it worse. His personality is awkward so to play somewhere, he has to feel comfortable at least with his teammates or he won't want to play. Call it what you want, but he will be leaving money on the table, contract and tax-wise, regardless because of this so it's not like he is taking an easy way out.

Old 06-20-18, 02:31 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by montgod View Post
I don't think it was that clean of a connection. I truly think with the way Kawhi has presented himself all these years that he was hurt that his teammates and coach threw him under the bus no matter what the circumstances were or if he was wrong or right. And his family or whoever was talking in his ear made it worse. His personality is awkward so to play somewhere, he has to feel comfortable at least with his teammates or he won't want to play. Call it what you want, but he will be leaving money on the table, contract and tax-wise, regardless because of this so it's not like he is taking an easy way out.

If he wasn't comfortable playing with the Spurs, he sure as hell isn't going to make it in LA.
Old 06-20-18, 03:00 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
If he wasn't comfortable playing with the Spurs, he sure as hell isn't going to make it in LA.
Maybe, but he at least got his uncle or whoever up in his ear nearby and doesn't have to deal with whatever went down with the Spurs. Everyone knows the grass isn't always greener elsewhere, but right now, I think he feels like all he has is his family or whatever.

Anywho... one more day till the draft.... anything could happen. Oh boy...
Old 06-20-18, 03:21 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

So if he's demanding the Lakers and won't commit to any other team, then why would the Lakers give up Kuzma, Ingram with picks...or anything for that matter? Do you hold him out a year, what do you do? Cause essentially he's screwing the organization over.
Old 06-20-18, 03:46 PM
SR Team Goof

To tell you the truth, unless he has a no trade clause or his contract specifically says he has an input on any/all trades, he’ll go where the Spurs have the best deal. Like they always say, or at least I’ve heard it said, “the NBA is a business”. May the best deal win!!
Old 06-20-18, 04:34 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

What good player or picks are you giving up for a year rental? And from a guy who handled the situation poorly...even if it was both parties fault. Lakers make sense cause if they want LeBron and George, they'll have to give up something. But is Pop going to retract his comments on never helping the Lakers or a western conference team and try and squeeze Kuzma and Ingram out of the deal. I'm not giving up Brown for Kawhi for one year of Kawhi. Irving yes...Cause he probably won't want to be there either if you leave it up to his father and Kawhi's uncle. But whatever happens...I hope it's in the next couple of days! Good [email protected]!
Old 06-20-18, 05:41 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
What good player or picks are you giving up for a year rental? And from a guy who handled the situation poorly...even if it was both parties fault. Lakers make sense cause if they want LeBron and George, they'll have to give up something. But is Pop going to retract his comments on never helping the Lakers or a western conference team and try and squeeze Kuzma and Ingram out of the deal. I'm not giving up Brown for Kawhi for one year of Kawhi. Irving yes...Cause he probably won't want to be there either if you leave it up to his father and Kawhi's uncle. But whatever happens...I hope it's in the next couple of days! Good [email protected]!
Unfortunately, I predict nothing related to Kawhi is going to happen in the draft.
Old 06-20-18, 06:31 PM
SpursReport Rookie

The Cavs reportedly offered Kevin Love and the No. 8 pick for Kawhi Leonard, per @ZachLowe_NBA.
Old 06-20-18, 06:35 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
The Cavs reportedly offered Kevin Love and the No. 8 pick for Kawhi Leonard, per @ZachLowe_NBA.
Heck no...
Old 06-20-18, 06:58 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post

In addition to that, they had better throw in a couple more quality players or a couple more 1st round draft picks for the coming years 'cause the 8th pick and Love just don't get it.

Old 06-21-18, 01:53 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
Call me crazy, call me suspicious, call me way off base, call me a loon………. I don’t care what you call me but I just have this feeling that this whole fiasco has somehow been choregraphed for Leonard. ............ Of course, there’s no tampering in the NBA but I smell a connection, it may not be a direct connection, but I truly believe it leads right to Magic Johnson and the Lakers, with maybe a slight diversion to Cleveland and Lebron..
I think this article below is hilarious....a little something to pacify the league office. I'm sure it was briefed in this meeting "don't do as I do, do as I say". Of course Magic is smiling to show he's telling the truth.

Report: Lakers call meeting to warn employees about tampering

Link to article: https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/06/21...out-tampering/

Old 06-22-18, 10:38 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
He won't survive the Balls if he is that thin skinned.