News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-09-18, 11:42 AM
The Chosen One(Moderator)

3 Reasons LeBron Should Join Spurs!

Is LeBron a good fit? Could it work?

Hey guys do me a favor and subscribe to my channel. I would really appreciate it.#GSG

https://youtu.be/SwEsYOZoNnI

I'm Batman's cousin
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-09-18, 01:41 PM
SR Team Goof

Good enough reasons, I guess, but they've been said before by other critics. However, if the Spurs sign Leonard and keep Aldridge, where does the money come from to sign James and still sign support/bench personnel to keep the Spurs competitive? It's easy to say he should sign with the Spurs and give good reasons why he should but it's another thing to have the money to make it happen. Besides, San Antonio doesn't provide the big market backdrop for competing with the likes of LA, Philly, Boston or even Houston. Cleveland would have a better chance of resigning him vs his coming to central Texas.
Old 06-09-18, 02:20 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Gasol and Mills contract first would have to be moved. Could they delay Kawhi till they signed LeBron? Renounce a few guys and players opt out. It could be a Miami situation where guys would sign for less to build that team. How does Golden State afford all those dudes? But I think it's about time to get with the program when it comes to building a strong team. Spurs will fall behind if they stand pat while the West continues to bolster line ups.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-09-18, 02:48 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
....... How does Golden State afford all those dudes? But I think it's about time to get with the program when it comes to building a strong team. Spurs will fall behind if they stand pat while the West continues to bolster line ups.
I would say the other teams are paying larger luxury taxes or some kind of penalty taxes or they're doing some very creative bookkeeping. But the Spurs have been notorious in years past doing their best to avoid the taxes. Then you have to consider that the Spurs are under new leadership in Juliana Holt, if I'm correct. It was my understanding that she and Peter Holt had gotten a divorce and she retained chair rights to the Spurs. With new leadership in place, do the Spurs put that kind of money on the table and make sacrifices for the betterment of the team? Or do they decide to shake and roll the dice and avoid craps?

Old 06-09-18, 06:57 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Ahh...didn't know she took over. Do you think Kawhi's master plan was to get LeBron here with him? Will that be his power point in negotiations? If it's true he didn't tune out the Spurs...Is going to take a slight cut in pay to try and facilitate a LeBron type move? Also would the success of the two helping each other win a title/s...boost Kawhi's marketability? Just a crazy thought.
Old 06-09-18, 10:56 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Ahh...didn't know she took over. Do you think Kawhi's master plan was to get LeBron here with him? Will that be his power point in negotiations? If it's true he didn't tune out the Spurs...Is going to take a slight cut in pay to try and facilitate a LeBron type move? Also would the success of the two helping each other win a title/s...boost Kawhi's marketability? Just a crazy thought.
To tell you the truth, I don't really know if she's taken over yet or what her duties will entail or what --- there ain't a whole lot of dialog coming out of the Spurs camp regarding anything. And as far as a strategy or master plan, there probably is one and whoever has it sure ain't sharing it with anyone we know and probably don't know they actually have it. I'm going to be glad when 22Jun is here, then we'll know what we did with our #18 and #49 picks. Then we have to wait til after the clock chimes for 12:01am, 1 July to see who is waiting on who's doorstep for free agency. This is a crazy time, everybody plays their cards close to the vest and gives us a rush to see who the Spurs go after for the upcoming season. Ain't life grand?!?!?

Old 06-10-18, 07:51 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

What's that old saying..."You got to pay the cost to be the boss!" And Golden State has and will continue until someone else does. Seems if you're not paying into the luxury cap...you're not competing with the best. I think they'll need to trim the dead weight and aim high. But the clock is ticking...and it's getting exciting!
Old 06-10-18, 11:37 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
No, I don't think that was ever Kawhi's plan because him sitting out hurt his chances in getting Lebron vs. helping. Why would Lebron want to sign on with drama which was one reason why he looked elsewhere when Aldridge issues arose last offseason?

They can figure a way to get everyone under just like GS did. There is a lot of weight that can be trimmed with Gasol/Gay trade, Green leaving (might stay on for cheap if Lebron came though since they are friends.. who knows), Mills contract, renouncing Tony Parker leaving (might sign on for cheap too),no QO for Anderson, etc. but it can be done.

The point is to get the best five on the floor which is what GS focused on. Then all the old cheap vets will come a running to fill out the roster and be a part of the ring chasing (Joe Johnson, etc.).

Last edited by montgod; 06-10-18 at 12:11 PM.
Old 06-10-18, 08:58 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I'd love to have Iso Joe with those guys!
Old 06-11-18, 06:56 PM
SR Team Goof

Since Pop has thrown the Spurs hat into the circle to try and persuade James to come to San Antonio, does anybody think by the Spurs chasing after James that we might miss out on recruiting/signing some viable free agents we could probably bring here?? In order to lasso James, the Spurs would have to delay any resigning decisions on our own FAs, thus freeing up money for James. This process of chasing after James is going to cut into the early stages of free agency and it may take some time for him to make his decision known which could stretch into late July to mid August. By then, we may find that the FA talent pool may very well be dried up by that time and we could miss on resigning our own FAs.
Old 06-11-18, 11:24 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
Since Pop has thrown the Spurs hat into the circle to try and persuade James to come to San Antonio, does anybody think by the Spurs chasing after James that we might miss out on recruiting/signing some viable free agents we could probably bring here?? In order to lasso James, the Spurs would have to delay any resigning decisions on our own FAs, thus freeing up money for James. This process of chasing after James is going to cut into the early stages of free agency and it may take some time for him to make his decision known which could stretch into late July to mid August. By then, we may find that the FA talent pool may very well be dried up by that time and we could miss on resigning our own FAs.
I think it'll halt signings elsewhere. Guys waiting to see if James does take that leap. That's the first domino that must fall. LeBron's influence combined with Kawhi hashing things out, plus the way Aldridge played last year. I think guys would line up for a chance to kick Golden States tails! Guys like Joe Johnson, Gerald Green...which I didn't know was Danny's cousin.

All eyes are on Kawhi...Especially probably LeBron's. I think those two pieces are #1 & 2 in the league right now...everyone else is second fiddle. Plus I think Pop & LeBron know the time that's wasted in recruiting and on how it can hamper a team. James has too much respect for Pop to hold that up. I think it'll be quick and to the point.
Old Yesterday, 12:32 AM
SpursReport Team Member

James decision will hold up signings around the league.

I dont not want james on the Spurs. If he comes here he will hurt the team. Look at the teams he has gone to. He has left them off worse then when he got there. He has friends the he brings along and screws your cap and he wants to run the team but takes no responsibility when they lose. I am hoping he comes west because then he will lose some of his best player talk that goes on.