News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-08-18, 11:45 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Kawhi Leonard didn't "go rogue"

Kawhi Leonard Close To 100 Percent, Still Set For Sit-Down With Spurs
JUN 7, 2018 3:57 PM

Kawhi Leonard is expected to be healthy for training camp as he makes progress in rehabbing his quad injury.

"Kawhi Leonard didn't necessarily 'go rogue', despite all the reports," said Shams Charania. "He was working out with San Antonio staffers during the season and now going into the summer, his rehab has continued. He's been around. He went to Gregg Popovich's wife's service shortly after the season ended. People close to him, they made it clear he was there. He interacted with Spurs' officials, with staffers."

Charania was asked about the current state of his injury and whether he'll be ready for the start of next season.

"He'll be ready," said Charania. "He's already, I think, at close to 100 percent. He'll be fine going into the year."

Leonard will be eligible to sign a supermax . . . . . . . . .

https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...own-With-Spurs
Old 06-08-18, 01:50 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

lol hes been close to “ready” and 100% for half the year.
beware of grant hill. contract but no player.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-08-18, 03:08 PM
SR Team Goof

If he signs a supermax contract with the Spurs, will it be 'guaranteed' regardless of future injury??
Old 06-08-18, 05:49 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
If he signs a supermax contract with the Spurs, will it be 'guaranteed' regardless of future injury??
Yes
Old 06-09-18, 09:12 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
And he could still demand a trade after the first year of that contract. But at least they could get something back in equal price value.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-09-18, 10:19 AM
SR Team Goof

Or he could sign the supermax contract, sustain a long term injury, in training camp or shortly thereafter during the season, that could lay him up for, say, a season or two, untradeable by logical standards and we would be stuck in a 'Kobe' like situation with a super large salary eating a hole in our cap, unabling us from signing anyone worth beans. Of course, I ramble and totally don't wish this type situation on anyone, particularly Leonard or the Spurs. I guess it's the fan stress you might get when you have a superstar, like Leonard, who is in an unknown situation, sign or trade, and the NBA draft nearing with each passing day. And my wife says I worry too much as I ramble on .................
Old 06-10-18, 11:10 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

So...

I will say this. If Kawhi doesn't sign, there is no hope of Lebron considering the Spurs, none. The risk of having a healthy Kawhi and have Lebron sign on is definitely worth it!

Even without Lebron, the player that Kawhi is, will always be the risk worth taking which is why teams would come in hoards to trade for him regardless.
Old 06-11-18, 10:37 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

nba is a league of 4 all-stars teaming up together. otherwise theres no shot at winning caues u'll jst get swept in finals even if you make it that far.
4 allstars or no ring. so it doesn't matter.

its a league where if ur a good player that can't handle the pressure, u need to join a 73 game winning team and then people will talk about u like ur the greatest of all time, not mentioning the fact that u couldnt handle the pressure before and now that ur on a 73 win team, ur surprisingly super goat. no mentioning the fact that the team was already a 73 game win team.
Old 06-11-18, 10:59 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan9 View Post
nba is a league of 4 all-stars teaming up together. otherwise theres no shot at winning caues u'll jst get swept in finals even if you make it that far.

its a league where if ur a good player that can't handle the pressure, u need to join a 73 game winning team and then people will talk about u like ur the greatest of all time, not mentioning the fact that u couldnt handle the pressure before and now that ur on a 73 win team, ur surprisingly super goat. no mentioning the fact that the team was already a 73 game win team.
He will always be a chump to me. Greatness is carrying your team to a championship, making teammates better. How hard can ity be to play off guys like Steph, Klay and Green? He's not an Alpha...he's a Beta. He played with an Alpha in OKC. Yet when the big times came around he and his alpha teammate jacked up shots and forgot about their teammates. Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka and KD...Yet they choked over and over. On the court, front office, contract negotiations and coaching.

But you're right...You need 4 guys or 3 damn good ones with outstanding support. Kawhi, LeBron and Aldridge would be a hell of a start. Especially if Murray can develop a decent mid range jumper along with a corner 3.
Old 06-14-18, 01:40 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan9 View Post

I think the Spurs have proven that a team-oriented system can beat that team if the Spurs had legitimate pieces to make it work. The Spurs were the only team to look like they could have competed with them when Kawhi got hurt and that was when Aldridge wasn't playing at the top of his game. And then looking at this year, if Lebron had one or two teammates who would play smart at the end of the games, they would have at least gotten one game from GS.

So then add Lebron to Kawhi, Aldridge, improving Murray (2nd team all nba defense), and whoever else to fill in the pieces and I think they compete with GS easily. Having hypothetically the 2 best players in the game on your team can cover a lot of deficiencies and propel other players in a well coached system.
Old 06-15-18, 12:07 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Yes...I think Murray gives Curry fits with his length. Problem would be scoring with him and probably not getting any respect from the refs when it comes to guarding him. You throw a guy like Faried or Joe Johnson in that mix...and the Spurs, I believe stomp the Warriors.