News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-18, 09:44 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Kawhi camp finally speaks, from person who runs his official fan page on instagram

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/othe...-Antonio-Spurs

Leonard has remained silent on the matter recently but now his sister, who runs the Kawhi Leonard official fan page on Instagram, has attempted to clear up the situation.

support the healing. much like 76ers supported the 'process'
he came back when the spurs told him too and it wasn't right, so let him go thru his healing process. tho this may be some type of neuropathy w overactive nerves causing pain and eek idk if that gets fixed.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-25-18, 08:54 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Open letter to Kawhi....

JUST SAY SOMETHING!!!!!

Your silence is deafening.
Old 04-25-18, 10:04 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by necron 99 View Post
Open letter to Kawhi....

JUST SAY SOMETHING!!!!!

Your silence is deafening.
https://youtu.be/-2U0Ivkn2Ds

😎

lol
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-25-18, 10:14 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

I trust this more than anything I have read from the Fake Sports News.
Old 04-25-18, 10:35 AM
SR Team Goof

Iím just tried of people talking for him. Last time I looked, Leonard was a grown-up adult, a millionaire many times over, on the tip of becoming a supermax salaried millionaire the next time he signs his name on the dotted line, I assume he can do that by himself. And I didnít even know he had a sister.
Old 04-25-18, 12:16 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
Iím just tried of people talking for him. Last time I looked, Leonard was a grown-up adult, a millionaire many times over, on the tip of becoming a supermax salaried millionaire the next time he signs his name on the dotted line, I assume he can do that by himself. And I didnít even know he had a sister.
you assume he can do it himself, but he has proven over the course of the year that he cannot. he has not shown signs of being able to talk or communicate during this time. in fact seems like perhaps he has shown that he is easily influenced by others? perhaps idk.

smalll point but he will prob sign many dotted lines prior to signing for his supermax. he prob uses his credit card at least once a day. ok jk i know what ur saying
Old 04-25-18, 02:27 PM
SR Team Goof

I saw a sports talk program not too long ago and I believe it was Scottie Pippen who mentioned that there have been instances where if a player stays away from his sport too long he could very well lose his love for the game. Leonard has always been a Ďgym ratí since his early high school days and Iíd be curious how this long a break from the court will affect him. Hope he holds it together.
Old 04-26-18, 11:28 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Report: Kawhi Leonard has a list of demands for the Spurs | KEYE

Kawhi wants easier practices. working to hard. like tom thibbedeau team. he wants more breaks, less work, and SuperMax!

-
this will probably trickle down to games too. like lebron, he will need to rest to have pockets of energy, but he prob doesn't want to be taken out of games every 2 minutes if he misses an assignment like pop likes to do. his relentless offensive and defensive pursuit will take a toll, he wants to be able to take pockets off game time to rest. or his uncle does. maybe? wonder what the other demands are.

Last edited by spursfan9; 04-26-18 at 11:30 AM.
Old 04-26-18, 01:38 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan9 View Post
Report: Kawhi Leonard has a list of demands for the Spurs | KEYE

Kawhi wants easier practices. working to hard. like tom thibbedeau team. he wants more breaks, less work, and SuperMax!

-
this will probably trickle down to games too. like lebron, he will need to rest to have pockets of energy, but he prob doesn't want to be taken out of games every 2 minutes if he misses an assignment like pop likes to do. his relentless offensive and defensive pursuit will take a toll, he wants to be able to take pockets off game time to rest. or his uncle does. maybe? wonder what the other demands are.
The funny thing in all of this is that people like you belive what the New York Daily News says about Kawhi.

I mean, the Knicks don't have any interest in making up BS about Kawhi do they?

What a joke.
Old 04-26-18, 02:03 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
The funny thing in all of this is that people like you belive what the New York Daily News says about Kawhi.

I mean, the Knicks don't have any interest in making up BS about Kawhi do they?

What a joke.
Report: Kawhi Leonard has a list of demands for the Spurs | WOAI

how about the san antonio news . lol.
people like me are beleivers for sure.
jst updating what we hear as it comes along.
Old 04-26-18, 03:05 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Report: Kawhi Leonard has a list of demands for the Spurs | WOAI

how about the san antonio news . lol.
people like me are beleivers for sure.
jst updating what we hear as it comes along.
LOL . . . . it is the same source . . . The New York Daily News. Here is the quote . . "And to add a new wrinkle in this saga, comes from a New York Daily News article penned by Frank Isola where an NBA executive hears Kawhi wants Head Coach Gregg Popovich's approach to team practices altered and "tweak some things."

Do you think other NBA executives have a motive for creating a wedge between Kawhi and the Spurs maybe?

Ha Ha Ha . . . You should read articles before commenting on them.
Old 04-26-18, 08:43 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

yeah san antonio news backed it up.
Old 04-27-18, 09:46 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
yeah san antonio news backed it up.
Yea . . . . uh . . .NO.

https://www.poundingtherock.com/2018...-leonard-rumor
Old 04-27-18, 10:20 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
aaaah shoot. good update. so ur saying we got a chance!
Old 05-05-18, 08:39 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

So what's the feeling in the city of San Antonio today about Leonard...what's you all's vibe? Since the media is driving all this panic and fueling some of our fears. Do you truly think he'll pass up 219 million? Do you think Boston's Rozier is playing Kyrie into our hands or some sort of trade with Boston? Even the Spurs getting Rozier & Hayward?

Will Kawhi veto everyone else but L.A. or Philly and handcuff the Spurs? A team that took a chance on him, helped develop him, mold him & possibly made so missteps medically on the way. And possible alienated him to some degree.

Last edited by MRJONESIII; 05-05-18 at 08:48 AM.
Old 05-05-18, 12:17 PM
SR Team Goof

You think news is hard to come by outside SA on the Spurs situation with Leonard, all we’re hearing down here is a distant coyote howling his hunger for a hot meal or the want for female/male companionship. The coyote is saying more than the news media here. And we all know the Spurs aren’t saying anything. When you hear the adage ‘no news is good news’, you would assume that all is well, but you would be fooling yourself. The Spurs FO (RC Buford/Coach Pop) have always played their cards (info) close to the vest and don’t plan their day or future around idle rumors, gossip and innuendos. But what you hear outside the organization is something else. When you hear sportscasters or their networks ‘expert’ commentaries start throwing out possible trade scenarios for the Spurs, you can bet good money that all they’re doing is spinning a tale to justify their job as the ‘basketball expert’ and sitting back to see what dummy affiliates will pick up their story and fly with it. And if you hear an NBA team GM or former coach throw out their two cents worth on what they perceive is the relationship between Pop and the Spurs team vs Kawhi, again, you can probably lay down some good money they’re trying to drive a wedge of falsehood into that relationship to force an action by either side. But here is something you can really take to the bank --- if you’re a long time Spurs fan and have followed the team religiously, how many times have you tried to predict what the Spurs were going to do with their NBA draft picks for that year or will the Spurs make a trade around the NBA trade deadline and get it right? Percentages are probably very, very low that you were right in either case. When you see the NBA commissioner standing before a mick and saying the Spurs draft pick is or you see either Pop or RC standing before a crowd of reporters and are saying what will or has happened, then you’ll know what the Spurs are doing in regards to the team’s future. Until you do, what you got is idle gossip, rumors or innuendos or something like that Kansas song “Dust in the Wind”. Keep your in your pocket…………and that’s my three cents worth, mis amigos.
Old 05-05-18, 12:25 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

31 year fan...this one just feels weird different. Plus I live in California...not too far from Kawhi's high school. Strong ties with your hometown team aren't something that I like to overlook. Aldridge, LeBron and a few more. I don't think he's crazy enough to forfeit 80 million. I do believe the Erin Popovich thing might play a key in both Greg's outlook and Kawhi's decision....just a feeling, don't quote me on that.

Last edited by MRJONESIII; 05-05-18 at 12:32 PM.
Old 05-05-18, 01:26 PM
SR Team Goof

I must agree with you to some degree, MrJ, this is going to be a weird but interesting summer for the Spurs. How the organization comes out of it may dictate the future of the team. You would think the Lonard situation would be the primary topic to affect the Spurs this summer and you could be very wrong in that assumption. You have several factors at play here: the passing of Erin Popovich and how Coach Pop adjusts to that – Mrs Popovich, some will say, was Pop’s backbone, his ‘silent partner’, if you will, always there to lend a hand in community functions, the mainstay and link to player families or she may have analyzed/criticized Pop on game situations – you can’t replace someone like that who has been there for Pop for over 30 years; will Pop continue to coach and if he does, for how long? Where is his heart and how strong is it toward the Spurs? His decision could very well affect the long-term signing of not only Leonard but any FA who might be looking at coming to SA and playing specifically for Coach Pop; if within the next few months Pop does decide to hang it up, who replaces him, a decision which will again affect FAs who may have had designs to come to SA; plus you have practically all of Pop's coaching staff interviewing around the league and don't know if any of them will latch into another job, which could very well gut the Spurs coaching staff; then you have several players facing free agency or player options to decide about (Parker, Gay, Anderson, Forbes, Bertans, Green); you also have the divorce of Spurs chairman, Peter Holt, and co-chief executive officer, Julianna Hawn Holt, and how will that affect the direction of the Spurs organization afterward. The Holt situation is another subject not discussed in the media and I have no idea what the status of that situation is. There are a lot of irons in the fire here and it promises to be a long, hot and interesting summer ahead. I hope, for one, that the Spurs players and the members of the team management, remain strong and entrenched in San Antonio for a long time to come.