News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 03-13-18, 12:32 PM
SpursReport Staff Writer

Season Ticket Holder Letter to the Spurs

I have decided at this point to NOT renew my season tickets. My decision is not an easy one to make because of my love for basketball and my team, The Spurs!

My heart has always been for, GO SPURS GO, as all Spurs fans. I believe I am not alone in saying that this logo has such a greater meaning than a team on a basketball court. There have been moments through our history that have been difficult but served to illustrate the very FULL meaning of this logo.

Such as when Tim Duncan was injured and we held him out of the playoffs to preserve his future even though his free agency wasn't far off. And, when Tim's father passed and the team encouraged him to miss playoff games to be with his family. Also, when Stephen Jackson became a locker room distraction and we let him go just before the playoffs. Don't forget supporting all of our foreign players participating with their national teams all these years. Most recent is the way Pop handled LaMarcus Aldridge being unhappy here. And even this year the way we are handling the Kawhi Leonard injuries.

All of these serve to show the world the level of commitment and support that our Spurs Team has. A Commitment that holds players long-term health above any individual season. Support for the families of those employed by the team above its own financial goals. Their commitment to holding true to the harmony of the team against any individual efforts to disrupt. The support of what is so important to others from foreign countries even though it costs our team. The commitment to what's best for the team in the face of Pop's own pride in admitting his error and stepping into it to remedy the situation. And, once again, putting an individuals health before any particular season.

I stand in great pride to be part of such a wonderful history. All of these mighty principals that are part of my witnessing The Ice Man in HemisFair Arena, The reception party for David Robinson in the AlamoDome and subsequent team titles, the experience of watching the careers of Robinson, Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, and Manu Ginobili. I will forever hold the joy of the years shared with my father and son.

However, even though I am as small of a voice as there could be and my decision will have absolutely no consequence on the team, I must stand as one individual, that vehemently opposes Greg Popovich and his arrogant behavior in using his public pulpit to disparage our president. Not arrogant because of his position but because he does so with the full confidence that there is no repercussion for using his position within the Spurs organization. Not that I agree with everything any president of our great country has believed, but we should all respect the position and allow our system to play out its course with the support of those that elected him or not. Our greatest voice is when we vote.

Again, I wish to repeat my position. I respect Pop's right to his opinion. Of course! I even support some of what Pop has had to say. What I can not, and will not support, is anyone or any organization that agrees with using their platform, in which I pay for by supporting the organization, to contribute to such mean spirited and down right nasty treatment of the office of president.

I know Pop would argue that he has every right to voice his opinion. I agree wholeheartedly. His right, but not the right that comes with his responsibility of coach of a professional team that is publicly supported. Voice your opinion from the rooftops, Pop, yes sir! Just not from the top of the San Antonio Spurs roof.
Old 03-13-18, 02:02 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Here here!

If you want to express your political opinions, go on a political talk show. If you do it as the head coach of the San Antonio Spurs, you are alienating the fans that do not agree, and who aren't paying to hear your political views.
Old 03-13-18, 07:13 PM
SpursReport Team Member

See Ya Both !!! God I Hate Bandwagon Fans !!!

" 01000110 01110101 01100011 01101011 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01001100 01100001 01101011 01100101 01110010 01110011 "
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-15-18, 08:11 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Ďmurica!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-19-18, 11:04 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Amen brother disciple! You are not alone, we too did not renew our seats of 40 years. Pops total disrespect for the millions that voted for Trump really is outrageous.

and Racspur, your just plain ignorant to post what you did.
Old 03-25-18, 09:00 AM
SpursReport Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racspur View Post
See Ya Both !!! God I Hate Bandwagon Fans !!!
Please don't show yourself to be so ignorant. I am as far from a bandwagon fan as is possible. I'm sorry you do not have the fortitude to put what you believe in ahead of what you want or at the very least be able to see it in others.
Old 03-25-18, 09:01 AM
SpursReport Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by necron 99 View Post
Amen brother disciple! You are not alone, we too did not renew our seats of 40 years. Pops total disrespect for the millions that voted for Trump really is outrageous.

and Racspur, your just plain ignorant to post what you did.
Did you inform the Spurs why you did not renew ?
Old 03-26-18, 12:53 AM
SR Team Goof

I had bought into both of the annual Spurs partial 10 game plans for the last 4 years and decided not to renew, basically because I couldn't afford it any longer. But lately, when I keep reading about Pop's rants and raves about Trump and me being conservative and him taking advantage of his 'celebrity' status to spout his opinions really turns my stomach. I guess everybody has a right to their opinions, so here's the latest from the liberal politician 'Coach Popovich:

Gregg Popovich says it's 'cowardice' that Donald Trump left D.C. during gun protests

Link: https://sports.yahoo.com/gregg-popov...223223670.html
Old 03-26-18, 07:31 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
I had bought into both of the annual Spurs partial 10 game plans for the last 4 years and decided not to renew, basically because I couldn't afford it any longer. But lately, when I keep reading about Pop's rants and raves about Trump and me being conservative and him taking advantage of his 'celebrity' status to spout his opinions really turns my stomach. I guess everybody has a right to their opinions, so here's the latest from the liberal politician 'Coach Popovich:

Gregg Popovich says it's 'cowardice' that Donald Trump left D.C. during gun protests

Link: https://sports.yahoo.com/gregg-popov...223223670.html
Everyone does have a right to their opinion. As a Spur fan, my opinion is that Pop should keep his political thoughts to himself because he is alienating a lot of fans and causing a lot of division.
Old 03-26-18, 09:36 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by disciple View Post
Did you inform the Spurs why you did not renew ?
We certainly did. This was earlier in the year and the complaints were coming in hot and heavy. There were a lot of Spurs employees worried and Pop doesn't seem to care, as long as everyone is listening to him. It's THEIR job that is on the line if season tickets are not renewed. He knows he is untouchable.
Old 04-18-18, 07:44 PM
SpursReport Staff Writer

Exactly !!!!!

Pop has NO fear for his power.

There is an old adage that is very applicable to Pop and the Spurs............................................. .................................................. ..............
.................................................. ........Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Old 04-20-18, 01:14 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by disciple View Post
Please don't show yourself to be so ignorant. I am as far from a bandwagon fan as is possible. I'm sorry you do not have the fortitude to put what you believe in ahead of what you want or at the very least be able to see it in others.
Im confused..... So you are sorry he DOES NOT have the fortitude to put what he believes in ahead (person you are responding to), you DO have the fortitude to put what you believe in ahead but Pop CANíT have the fortitude to put what he believes in ahead??? Did I get that all correctly? And you tell other people to not show themself to be ignorant??
Old 04-20-18, 10:00 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezsr View Post
Im confused..... So you are sorry he DOES NOT have the fortitude to put what he believes in ahead (person you are responding to), you DO have the fortitude to put what you believe in ahead but Pop CANíT have the fortitude to put what he believes in ahead??? Did I get that all correctly? And you tell other people to not show themself to be ignorant??
Yea, because we are the customers. Pop is providing a product and should respect his customers who pay his salary.

This is said with all respect and deference to the passing of Pop's wife
Old 04-21-18, 08:11 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
Yea, because we are the customers. Pop is providing a product and should respect his customers who pay his salary.

This is said with all respect and deference to the passing of Pop's wife
So just because he is selling a product he is not entitled to an opinion? Even though you said in an above post that everyone can have their own opinion? The President doesnít seem to care about holding back his opinions so why should Pop? Because you buy tickets to the game? Lol
Old 04-22-18, 06:43 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

This conversation doesn’t warrant to be posted here whatsoever. Pop can say whatever he wants. Defend POTUS all you want but he sucks a$$ and is a mockery to all those who served in the Oval Office with dignity and leadership. Spurs season in all likelihood will end today so let that sink in and enjoy what appears to be Manu’s last moments. Wish I could say the same for TP

- Confucius
Old 04-23-18, 09:42 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezsr View Post
So just because he is selling a product he is not entitled to an opinion? Even though you said in an above post that everyone can have their own opinion? The President doesn’t seem to care about holding back his opinions so why should Pop? Because you buy tickets to the game? Lol
No one said he isn't entitled to his opinion. He should just recognize that his opinion is dividing the customers of the Spurs from their favorite team. It isn't smart to say divisive things about your customers. Pop can do whatever he wants, but there is a consequence.

As far as president Trump goes, his customers are his voters, and they fully support his opinions. If Trump is too divisive, people won't vote for him. If Pop is too divisive, people won't pay for the Spurs.

Last edited by choppsboy; 04-24-18 at 10:10 AM.
Old 04-23-18, 10:59 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurduncan21 View Post
This conversation doesnít warrant to be posted here whatsoever. Pop can say whatever he wants. Defend POTUS all you want but he sucks a$$ and is a mockery to all those who served in the Oval Office with dignity and leadership. Spurs season in all likelihood will end today so let that sink in and enjoy what appears to be Manuís last moments. Wish I could say the same for TP
Please pay attention to what choppsboy is saying.

ps. you might want to think twice about putting "dignity" and "leadership" together to describe Bill Clinton and Barack Obama's time in the oval office.
Old 04-23-18, 06:56 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

All the drama, is anyone appreciating what may be ginobili's last season? i think he was torn last year, bc he wants to spend time w family, all this drama, i really doubt he's gonna come back. who knows though. im just saying, in my eyes, chances area a lot higher this time around not just bc he's older but the compounding factors of time with kids and the drama.
plus they maybe a loss away from not even being in the playoffs (maybe 2 losses, idk but the point was squeaked in).
Old 04-27-18, 03:59 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
No one said he isn't entitled to his opinion. He should just recognize that his opinion is dividing the customers of the Spurs from their favorite team. It isn't smart to say divisive things about your customers. Pop can do whatever he wants, but there is a consequence.

As far as president Trump goes, his customers are his voters, and they fully support his opinions. If Trump is too divisive, people won't vote for him. If Pop is too divisive, people won't pay for the Spurs.
Hahahaha what is the point of having an opinion if he has to keep it to himself???? He is taking advantage of his platform to have his opinion heard. You think he does not realize he could alienate some fans? It is bigger than that to him. And I am sure he won't lose too much. Not watching/supporting your team because of one person's views is funny to me. Take your ball and go home then. He doesn't give a crap.