News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-18, 05:22 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Are the Spurs paying for the draft order?

Are they conceding for higher draft pick in a loaded rookie class? Is it too late for Kawhi to get into form and shape to push then past the top 5 (GSW,HOU,OKC,UTA,DEN)? Those are the best teams in my opinion. With Butler missing from Minnesota...They'll drop to. Also seems the Pelicans have had our number for a couple years now.

I saw where the number 10 spot in the west is good for the 13th pick with a 2.2% chance to land #1 (yeah right). I know Kawhi is great...but 15 or so games to get a acclimated back with the squad and a possible nightmare match up in the first round (GSW,HOU)....is it more beneficial for the Spurs future to miss the playoffs?

(Oops...meant to say "Playing for the draft order).

Last edited by MRJONESIII; 03-13-18 at 08:35 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-12-18, 07:13 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

i was thinkin the same thing.
aldridge manu out?
no good reason. games are more important than ever.
think hes tankin it so they get outnof playoffs and kWhi doesng vome back to play this season?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-12-18, 08:54 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan9 View Post
....aldridge manu out? no good reason.................
Does a back-to-back count?

Old 03-12-18, 10:10 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

it used to. when we wher in the playoffs and it didnt matter.

when ur abt to be bumped outnof playoofs and one game can mean 5th seed or 10th seed, wud need to put all efforts to winninthink. unless we jst wanna take this playoff off, since we not winning anyway
Old 03-13-18, 01:52 AM
SR Team Goof

Right now, we’re on a 3-game losing streak and we’re in a three-way tie for 8th seed in the West with Denver and Utah, each having a 37-30 record. Our next six games are at home against Orlando, NO, Minn, GSW, Wash, Utah. I would like to win at least four of these but would settle with a split. Last night against the Rockets, Pop was pissed with the effort given by our starting 5, so he substituted all 5 of them. Our defense sucks and our scoring support behind Aldridge also sucks. I would hope with the return of Kawhi our guys will pull their heads out and put forth a better effort. Even if we get a 7th or 8th seed, I don’t see us getting out of the 1st round against either Houston or GSW. Personally, I wouldn’t be against having our 2nd/3rd stringers get the majority of playing time for the remaining games and start looking at next year.
Old 03-13-18, 08:38 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

It's time to gut the roster and and get rid of bad contracts and players not needed for the future! It's time people...it's time!
Old 03-19-18, 11:09 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
It's time to gut the roster and and get rid of bad contracts and players not needed for the future! It's time people...it's time!
Tell that to Manu
Old 03-20-18, 06:07 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Now it seems as if Leonard is ready...but know I think the Spurs are waiting to see if they make the playoffs. If they don't...then he'll have all summer to (Heal). But still a dangerous situation with a HUGE contract laying in wait for both he and the Spurs.