News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 02-11-18, 10:57 PM
SR Team Goof

Will the Spurs make 50 wins again?

I was looking around on the web at various sports sites and found one local news network sports link where a panel of writers were debating whether the Spurs will extend their 50 win season streak to its 19th season in a row. This topic gave me pause, especially since Kawhi and Gay are out, with no known date of return, and we haven’t been playing very consistently when we do play. We recently had a 5 game home stand and we lost 3 of those 5 (76ers 97-78, Rockets 102-91 and Jazz 120-111) --- again, that was on our home court. In the last 10 games, we are 5-5. Our present record, as of 11Feb, is 35-22 with 25 games left. Our home record is 22-6 and away record is 13-16. I haven’t looked at who those last 25 games are against or where we play them, but I’m praying our guys get some kind of charge and make a run before the playoffs. I think we’ll make it but it’s going to be real close. What do you think?

I hope this isn't a jinx..............
Old 02-12-18, 07:15 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I hope we make it but right now I would not be putting money on it. If Kawhi comes back I think we have a much better shot at making it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-13-18, 11:33 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

only 4 games separate spurs from 8th seed.
so if they dont make fifty wins, which wud be winning abt 65% of remaining games? ish. i think they gotta win 15 of next 24,
then they may not even make playoffs or get bumped to 8th seed.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-13-18, 11:35 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

we all new, or shuda known, rudy gay wasnt gonna be someone to count on w his injuries.
but wtf is going on w kawhi.
how is there not more news abt this? updates etc.
remember when tim duncan had that plantar fascitis. but it didnt put him out this many games. but reminds me of that. no major injury but lingering wtf kinda thing
Old 02-13-18, 12:33 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I think it's tank time. They're not beating the Warriors, Rockets and probably even the Jazz and OKC. They haven't even strung 5 games in a row this year. No one knows what's up with Kawhi, Rudy was injury prone from start. They're roster is made up of nobodies...un-household names. No trade assets and not willing to try and upgrade the roster. They are a LaMarcus Aldridge heat issue away from being nobody....God forbid. But for the first time in a long time, I think this team is in limbo.
Old 02-13-18, 02:48 PM
SpursReport Rookie

What good is winning 50 games if you know you arent going to go deep in playoffs? I'd rather have a better draft pick, get Leonard healthy, pick up a significant FA and call it a day. Could care less about the 50 win streak.
Old 02-13-18, 02:51 PM
SpursReport Rookie

and on a side note.... Is there anyone worse than Mills on the team. The guys is useless and overpaid. I would rather watch Dejounte develop more and let White play the leftover minutes at this point. Don't want to see Mills at PG or shooting guard.
Old 02-13-18, 03:31 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezsr View Post
and on a side note.... Is there anyone worse than Mills on the team. The guys is useless and overpaid. I would rather watch Dejounte develop more and let White play the leftover minutes at this point. Don't want to see Mills at PG or shooting guard.
It's the "I just signed a new contract" effect. Happens to a lot of people.
Old 02-14-18, 05:10 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezsr View Post

Patty Mills is flat out horrible and has become redundant and should not be part of the Spurs moving forward. I hope to see him and Gasol both moved in the off-season in an effort to remain elite.

- Confucius
Old 02-14-18, 05:13 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan9 View Post
we all new, or shuda known, rudy gay wasnt gonna be someone to count on w his injuries.
but wtf is going on w kawhi.
how is there not more news abt this? updates etc.
remember when tim duncan had that plantar fascitis. but it didnt put him out this many games. but reminds me of that. no major injury but lingering wtf kinda thing

Not sure we can say Rudy is unreliable. He looked pretty damn good when he played for us. I view his time out as more precautionary than anything else. I hope to see him healthy and playing post all star break. If we get no knees in the next 10 days or so about Kawhi then I think he should just be shut down for the season. It certainly has been a tough season for spurs fans but having all bodies on the floor healthy would make a world of difference and no doubt in my mind that we would be competing for #6

- Confucius
Old 02-14-18, 02:23 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
It's the "I just signed a new contract" effect. Happens to a lot of people.
His numbers are close to what they were last year though. He is one dimensional and that dimension is not worth the $$$ they gave him for THE NEXT 4 YEARS. Bad contract for Spurs. I don't care about how much of a locker room leader he is. His contract and Gasol's were uncharacteristically bad moves for the Spurs that will handicap them for a bit.... which makes every brick they throw up that much more annoying.
Old 02-14-18, 07:10 PM
SpursReport Team Member

No chance at 50. Still got GSW twice, HOU twice, OKC twice, @ CLE, @MIL, WAS twice. Not to mention UTA again and @DEN first game out of the break in the altitude. Frankly if they get to 48 wins it would surprise me. On a side note, as I’ve mentioned previously, Jeff McDonald, Richard Oliver, Jabari Young and whoever else covers this team on a day to day basis should be convicted of “journalistic negligence!” No reason a professional journalist doesn’t ask the questions or get information on what is happening with the clubs franchise player. Only in a one horse town like SA can the club control the beat writers. Pop has all of them nervous to press for answers because if they do, they know he’ll freeze their ass out of any other story. That’s still no reason not to press for answers!! Ask the damn question!! We’ve heard quad, then shoulder, then who knows??? There is more to this story then any of us know and frankly I don’t believe what the club is throwing out there - especially the BS about a shoulder injury. Hell Patty Mills, the brunt of much of the wrath in this post, played through the ‘14 season with and bad shoulder and opted for surgery after the championship run.
Old 02-19-18, 09:41 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Turn out the lights, the party's over. I will always remember the Timmy years with reverence. This new reincarnation known as the Spurs will never live up to that, even with Kawhi. To bad he will be gone after next years free agency.
Old 02-19-18, 11:00 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

The playoffs aren't even guaranteed. And if they do get in, they'll get destroyed by the top 3 or 4 teams with this current make shift roster. Guess I wouldn't have traded away my first round pick either. Got the sense they knew what was coming...early vacation.
Old 02-19-18, 06:45 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by polk View Post
No chance at 50. Still got GSW twice, HOU twice, OKC twice, @ CLE, @MIL, WAS twice. Not to mention UTA again and @DEN first game out of the break in the altitude. Frankly if they get to 48 wins it would surprise me. On a side note, as I’ve mentioned previously, Jeff McDonald, Richard Oliver, Jabari Young and whoever else covers this team on a day to day basis should be convicted of “journalistic negligence!” No reason a professional journalist doesn’t ask the questions or get information on what is happening with the clubs franchise player. Only in a one horse town like SA can the club control the beat writers. Pop has all of them nervous to press for answers because if they do, they know he’ll freeze their ass out of any other story. That’s still no reason not to press for answers!! Ask the damn question!! We’ve heard quad, then shoulder, then who knows??? There is more to this story then any of us know and frankly I don’t believe what the club is throwing out there - especially the BS about a shoulder injury. Hell Patty Mills, the brunt of much of the wrath in this post, played through the ‘14 season with and bad shoulder and opted for surgery after the championship run.

Yep I agree with you. Spurs beat writers are pushovers. I’d be asking every single day. It’s not even just pop, the entire organization is at fault and the nba should really do something about it.

- Confucius
Old 03-04-18, 11:53 AM
SR Team Goof

Well, I believe the Spurs consecutive 50 win season record will come to a screeching halt this season, even if Kawhi does hit the floor again, unless our guys pull a rabbit out of their a$$e$. With their inconsistent play and subpar defense of late, most recently losing to both New Orleans and the Lakers back-to-back--- at home!?! and the ever growing list of injuries that has been befalling our guys, I fear by mid-March the Spurs could very well be looking up at the rest of the Western Conference and fighting to make the playoffs and stay out of a “lottery” situation this come NBA draft night in June. It was a good run while it lasted, but I’ll continue to support our guys to the end. GOSPURSGO!!!!
Old 03-04-18, 01:37 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Be lucky to get 40 wins. Already lost to the Lakers at least twice this season...terrible!!