SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   buyout market (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/123586-buyout-market.html)

parkfan 02-11-18 06:02 PM

buyout market

Figured I would start a thread for players we want that were bought out. Try to keep it to players that have not already agreed to terms with another team.

The one player I would like us to go after would be Georgious Papagiannis.

He is big and young. I think with proper development he could be a good player. I think he would have been better a few years ago but I do see more teams getting a big again. yes some of these are more agile bigs but it would be nice to have someone young.

alh1020 02-11-18 10:29 PM

In order to make room for any buyout, regardless of who they might be, who do we let go from the present active roster of 17 under contract? You also must remember that these 17 roster players have been together since October, whether it be here in SA or with the G-league Austin Spurs and they have come together in a more cohesive unit, especially the bench players since Kawhi, Parker and Gay have gone down. They all have the Spurs playbook down and anybody who comes in must really hit the ground running and will be in a learning from scratch mode for a few games. This type of decision to cut a player loose, at this time of the season, might keep Spurs staff members up til the wee hours.

MRJONESIII 02-12-18 05:44 AM

Talent is talent...if you can get a better guy then you must at least consider it. Cavs just got 4 new guys & look what it did to their roster. Just the injection of talent, fresh and rejuvenated bodies can be the difference. And as like the Cavs, they're trying to keep their superstar happy and in town. Kinda reminds me of a certain situation?

alh1020 02-12-18 06:48 AM

I agree, the Cavs did look better as a team in their first game together with their new lineup. They rolled the dice and won, but not everybody can be winners.

MRJONESIII 02-12-18 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alh1020 (Post 1327874)
I agree, the Cavs did look better as a team in their first game together with their new lineup. They rolled the dice and won, but not everybody can be winners.

Isaiah Thomas played good for the Lakers, Crowder and the Jazz kept it rollin'...lmao. Jazz rolling, Spurs stumbling...not going to be pretty tonight. 50 wins are definitely in jeopardy this year and possible first round exit.

parkfan 02-12-18 07:12 PM

I would cut Paul. He has not done much for us nor do I think he is going to. If we are counting on him during the PO we probably are not going to be doing well. I also think we need to get some bigs in the Pipeline. I still think LJC still can be a solid bench player but will probably only be a Will perdu type.

parkfan 02-21-18 06:43 PM

With the news about Kawhi I want Georgious Papagiannis to sign even more and get some time here. That being said I doubt we sign him.