News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack (3) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-18, 03:51 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Kawhi Leonard's Relationship With Spurs Deteriorating Over Injuries

REPORT: Kawhi Leonard's Relationship With Spurs Deteriorating Over Injuries | 12up

Kawhi Leonard's rehab creating chilling effect with team

Kawhi Leonard's relationship with San Antonio Spurs becoming strained

===
ouch
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-22-18, 05:50 PM
SR Team Goof

I was wondering when the other shoe might drop, if this is even true. It might even be a reporter who wants to stir the pot just to see what brews. Kawhi does look like a caged animal at times on the bench and a young kid like him, watching the Spurs fall, game after game, to teams we should be beating by 10-15 points, could very well bring some ill feelings to the surface like 'why am I sitting here when I could be playing' attitude. I just hope that if Kawhi’s injury is one of those ‘on the fence’ type injuries and he could play through it or if the Spurs are protecting him from himself, then the Spurs FO could get burned when it comes time to renegotiate his contract. Of course, should RC and/or Pop bend to the media pressure and go ahead and let him play (which I believe they never would) and if he does reinjury himself, then we got one of those ’I told you so’ moments. But with these close losses to these almost .500 teams or even our subpar performances could very well have the FO looking at whose available in the trade market. We got a nice core of young players and would like to see us retain their talent for some time but I guess this is a 'business'.
Old 01-22-18, 07:39 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

sounds more like a situation where he may feel the injury shud be healed and feels fhe spurs staff and docs they hires are incompetent?
is that the picture they r trying to paint? what i felt from reading the articles
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-22-18, 08:08 PM
SR Team Goof

He's antsy.....he's tired of wearing civies during game time.
Old 01-22-18, 08:26 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Back on June 23, Stephen A. Smith reported on his radio show he heard they considered trading the MVP candidate to the Knicks:

“Melo and George was one trade, guess who the San Antonio Spurs called… the New York Knicks, and said they were willing to move Kawhi Leonard and clean house. But then they stepped back from it and changed their minds. These are all the things I knew over the last couple days … but I got it confirmed just a few minutes ago, yet again!
Old 01-22-18, 11:12 PM
SpursReport Team Member

uncle says not true.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kawhi-l...204354463.html
Old 01-23-18, 04:57 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

what’s the next rumor?
spurs exploring bringing in jason kidd as coach to work w new starting point gaurd dejounte murray?
Old 01-23-18, 08:22 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan9 View Post
what’s the next rumor?
spurs exploring bringing in jason kidd as coach to work w new starting point gaurd dejounte murray?
😂 yeah seriously spurs wouldn't think of trading Kawhi
Old 01-23-18, 10:15 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan9 View Post
what’s the next rumor?
Looks like Kidd was fired!
Old 01-23-18, 03:53 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
😂 yeah seriously spurs wouldn't think of trading Kawhi
If they did, RC and Pop might have to go into the equivalent of the witness protection program.
I think both Kawhi and management are just a little frustrated that it's taking so long for Kawhi's injuries to meed. Both sides want Kawhi on the court...... healthy.

Old 01-23-18, 05:10 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

It's all part of Pop's master plan to leave the spurs in disarray with no real option but to dismantle what he's done and start over when he's gone. He is so full of it now.... tell me pop was there more important things in your life than basketball in 1997?
Old 01-24-18, 09:44 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Wait a minute...I'm hearing a possible misdiagnosis on his quad injury? Are the Spurs trying to drive his contract status down? Do they not want to pay him the super max? After Aldridge asked for a trade, this situation isn't too far fetched. Is it the Spurs inability to land other superstars like everyone else?
Old 01-24-18, 10:58 AM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
Wait a minute...I'm hearing a possible misdiagnosis on his quad injury? Are the Spurs trying to drive his contract status down? Do they not want to pay him the super max? After Aldridge asked for a trade, this situation isn't too far fetched. Is it the Spurs inability to land other superstars like everyone else?
I read the same thing somewhere. If the Spurs, in fact, are running this management tactic on Kawhi, and if I got Kawhi’s ear, I’d tell him to walk, in a heartbeat. I know this is a business but you don’t stoop to this low maneuver when you’re considered the best franchise in all sports. Then again, maybe they do to survive this cut throat business of NBA basketball. There's a lot of things going, in the background, that we're not aware of and the media is feeding this stuff to us, sometimes 2nd, 3rd hand knowledge. Or maybe some of these reporters, ie, Woj/Yahoo Sports or Jalen Rose/ESPN are throwing this stuff out there to see what sticks and then go with it. I'd prefer to believe the Spurs and the circumstances as we see them.
Old 01-24-18, 11:32 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

This is the second or third most intense scenario after Duncan possibly going to Orlando and the Spurs trying to trade Parker for Kidd.
Old 01-24-18, 12:36 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

id be pretty pissed if my team mis-diagnosed my injury and i felt it caused me to miss almost a whole season.
that and the fact i got pulled from playoffs because of injury and they didnt let me play even when better .
craziness out there.

need tim duncan back !
Old 01-24-18, 03:15 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

This is all media created bull crap. It ranks right up there with Trump collusion with Russia.