News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 01-15-18, 10:26 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Crazy trade Idea

So with the trade deadline approaching there will be lots of trades thrown out there. Most of them will not get done. Some will seem ridiculous while others will make sense. So I figured I would start a thread where people could post trade ideas and people could comment on if they like them.

My first trade NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

Why the spurs do it.

They get another big that is pretty solid and get rid of Patty's horrible contract. They also get another sf/pf and the center is somewhat young.
Why they dont.
They just signed patty and dont want to get rid of him.

Why knicks do it.
They have already said they wanted to trade Oquin and this would alow them to do that plus get rid of one of their longer term contracts.
Why they dont. They would be taking on a bigger longer contract but for a younger player. They would also get paul who is a throw in but sometimes throw ins can turn out to be something.

2nd trade
This is the trade I see as more likely but I like the first trade better.
NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

Why Spurs do it.
They get another young big and another Defensive minded SG. They get rid of pattys contract but get another bad one in return. Lee atleast is bigger and is more of a SG body then patty. this allows more timr do Murry to play and forbes can get 3rd string PG min. Lee would probably be 3rd sting SG behind green and manu. this helps spped up Pattys contract by a year.
Why they dont
They like patty and dont want to trade him. They also see Anderson having a future with the spurs and dont want to lose him.

Why the knicks do it.
They get rid of the center they want to get rid of. they get a younger player in anderson who has shown some potential. While they are takeing on a bad contract they also are getting rid of one and getting the younger player.
Why they dont.
I cant think of much of a reason why they wouldnt except for taking on mills contract but they get rid of Lee. I see it hard for them to picture lee as long tem since he is getting older. Anderson would also give them another ball handler to help out their rookie pg as well as allowing hardaway to switch to his natural sg position.

I would try and get the Knicks 2nd in either trade but especially in the second.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-15-18, 04:11 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Why are you in love with Kyle O'Quinn? I can't imagine giving up Patti. His contract is great. I think you need to research all the other players out there who aren't on rookie contracts to make 10 million per year.

No way are we getting rid of Kyle Anderson. He has made great strides. His stats do not equal his worth.

We shouldn't make any trades. We just need to get healthy and play together.
Old 01-15-18, 06:38 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Patty is not that good and is overpaid. His pay is higher then MLE and he is probably not even an MLE player plus he is holding back our younger players. I am not in love with oquin we could use another big and NY wants to trade him. As far as Anderson goes I would rather keep him but you have to give up something to get something.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-16-18, 08:58 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I agree that Mills is expendable and has regressed compared to his 2014 season. I’ve seen more inexplicable dumb plays by him this season than in any of his previous seasons with us. I know he’s liked by most but do not see his value considering he’s a poor ball handler and a terrible defender (can’t even guard a cone) . If he’s not scoring he’s useless because of his defensive liabilities.

- Confucius
Old 01-17-18, 02:52 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Pre contract year= Play excellent to optimize your payday.

New contract= Who cares, I'm getting paid now.

Seen this happen way too often.
Old 01-18-18, 04:47 PM
SpursReport Rookie

25:51 7-10 7-8 4-6 0 2 2 2 1 3 0 3 +9 25

That's Patty's stat line from last night. Over paid? Nope. Under performing? Nope. Just take a look around the NBA and see what players that don't know our system and haven't proved that they can be effective on this team are getting.
Old 01-18-18, 10:46 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Your the only one I know that thinks Patty's contract is great and I am serious lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post

That's Patty's stat line from last night. Over paid? Nope. Under performing? Nope. Just take a look around the NBA and see what players that don't know our system and haven't proved that they can be effective on this team are getting.
Thats one game out of many this year, he has been horrible in a lot more.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 01-18-18, 10:48 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurduncan21 View Post
I agree that Mills is expendable and has regressed compared to his 2014 season. Ive seen more inexplicable dumb plays by him this season than in any of his previous seasons with us. I know hes liked by most but do not see his value considering hes a poor ball handler and a terrible defender (cant even guard a cone) . If hes not scoring hes useless because of his defensive liabilities.
Yes, he is a volume shooter at best as well.... Far from consistent.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 01-19-18, 12:17 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post

As someone else said that is one game. He needs to be more consistent and he has not done that. He also has not run the offense well.
Old 01-19-18, 05:23 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7 View Post
Your the only one I know that thinks Patty's contract is great and I am serious lol.

Thats one game out of many this year, he has been horrible in a lot more.
Patty's Contract is great.

All of you "the grass is greener" types are fools.

In Pop and RC I trust.
Old 01-26-18, 10:23 PM
SpursReport Team Member

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

Why Spurs do it to get rid of pattys contract and get bigger.
Why they dont: dont want shumpert.

Why cavs do is to get rid of shumpert.
Why they dont is pattys contract is worse.
Old 01-27-18, 07:24 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

EVERYBODY.....You don't get to beat down the Cavs at home then get your ass handed to you by the.....76ers! Unacceptable effort.
Old 01-28-18, 11:45 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
Patty's Contract is great.

All of you "the grass is greener" types are fools.

In Pop and RC I trust.
No it's not, stop it. They handed out two bad contracts and they can do wrong too, trust them or not that contract is not "Great" and most know it who know bball. Patty is an undersized SG and a volume shooter who plays off the ball, thing is his **** is not falling all year sides a few games. Grass is greener if you get rid of that contract and just play Forbes more, you have a guy who can do his job better than him this year at a fraction of the cost. That was a bad signing, period.
Old 01-31-18, 11:31 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7 View Post
No it's not, stop it. They handed out two bad contracts and they can do wrong too, trust them or not that contract is not "Great" and most know it who know bball. Patty is an undersized SG and a volume shooter who plays off the ball, thing is his **** is not falling all year sides a few games. Grass is greener if you get rid of that contract and just play Forbes more, you have a guy who can do his job better than him this year at a fraction of the cost. That was a bad signing, period.
It is only a "bad contract" relative to your (or any Spur's fan) expectations of what each Spur should contribute. It is a great contract relative to the entire NBA and relative to the contracts of other players who are not on rookie scale deals. Almost every other player not on a rookie scale deal making what Mils is making would perform about where Mils is performing. For it to be a bad contract relative to the rest of the league, you would have to find all the players making what Mills is making and prove that half of those players (not on rookie contracts) would perform better than Mills.
Old 01-31-18, 07:55 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I guess then you have to get into who is close. Is gay close. If so then you are going to get a lot of MLE players that are going to be in the area. I think you also are looking at only one year. I dont think people would have as much problems with it if it was only for a year. the bad part is for the amount and length.
Old 02-01-18, 11:28 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
It is only a "bad contract" relative to your (or any Spur's fan) expectations of what each Spur should contribute. It is a great contract relative to the entire NBA and relative to the contracts of other players who are not on rookie scale deals. Almost every other player not on a rookie scale deal making what Mils is making would perform about where Mils is performing. For it to be a bad contract relative to the rest of the league, you would have to find all the players making what Mills is making and prove that half of those players (not on rookie contracts) would perform better than Mills.
I disagree on it being a great contract when you have Forbes who is actually shooting better for a fraction of the price. Very similar players, they should have left him walk for that 50 million. Mills is a back up guard who is streaky, 50 million for that production is very steep and it will hinder our next few summers along with Gasols big contract. Gasol is playing a lot better though this year than Mills so I can't complain there. I would have to say though Forbes is on the small contract you mention similar to the rookie contract so that part is true. I still think they should have let him walk but then again they had no clue Forbes would shoot this well so they needed insurance. If they can move that contract though in the next few years I bet you they will being they have pieces now that can do what Patty does for far cheaper.
Old 02-02-18, 06:30 AM
SR Team Goof

Knicks center Willy Hernangomez has drawn trade interest from several teams, including the Spurs and Mavericks, league sources told The Athletic.
25 mins ago – via The Athletic
Old 02-02-18, 10:25 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
Knicks center Willy Hernangomez has drawn trade interest from several teams, including the Spurs and Mavericks, league sources told The Athletic.
25 mins ago via The Athletic
Now this is a player I could see us signing.
Old 02-02-18, 12:40 PM
SR Team Goof

Yup and I can see Pau schooling his fellow countryman in the art of the NBA. Hernangomez was on my list of those I hoped the Spurs might draft when he was eligible. I'm kind of curious who the Spurs would give up to obtain him though.
Old 02-02-18, 02:07 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Got to give to get. Monroe already to the Celtics. Hope Kawhi isn't really upset the Spurs don't usually get decent help while others just keep adding possible good parts. We as SPUR fans love our guys, but outside of San Antonio...But many people could name off the whole roster.
Old 02-02-18, 05:26 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Several teams are monitoring Pistons forward Stanley Johnson. Scotto notes that Johnson was one player the Magic coveted when they discussed deals with Detroit earlier in the season, and adds that the Spurs have interest too.
Old 02-02-18, 06:45 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
Several teams are monitoring Pistons forward Stanley Johnson. Scotto notes that Johnson was one player the Magic coveted when they discussed deals with Detroit earlier in the season, and adds that the Spurs have interest too.
Info regarding an earlier thread on Stanley Johnson. http://www.spursreport.com/forums/sp...y-johnson.html (Stanley Johnson?)

Old 02-03-18, 08:58 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
25 mins ago via The Athletic
I would rather have him then Oquin also. When I first proposed the trade they were saying they wanted to get rid of oquin. I think they have opened it up to a lot more to see what they can get. We could even do anderson for him straight up. I would rather include mills and get lee back though.
Old 02-03-18, 09:02 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkfan View Post
I would rather have him then Oquin also. When I first proposed the trade they were saying they wanted to get rid of oquin. I think they have opened it up to a lot more to see what they can get. We could even do anderson for him straight up. I would rather include mills and get lee back though.
I have no clue why anyone would think Hernangomez would be better than Anderson.

I would only love to sign him if he were a free agent . . . or maybe if we traded GL. But giving up Anderson . . . that is crazy.
Old 02-03-18, 10:11 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
I have no clue why anyone would think Hernangomez would be better than Anderson.

I would only love to sign him if he were a free agent . . . or maybe if we traded GL. But giving up Anderson . . . that is crazy.
Well he almost had a double double last year in about 20 min. He also fits our positional needs much better. You have to give up something to get something. He is slightly younger. I dont think Anderson is ever going to be a star just a solid role player. If we get him this year we get to see what he looks like in the system before having to put him on another contract at probably a higher rate. These are reason I could see it being done. Who is GL?
Old 02-06-18, 09:12 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Dedmon and Belinelli for Mills and Lauvergne?
Old 02-07-18, 10:08 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkfan View Post
Well he almost had a double double last year in about 20 min. He also fits our positional needs much better. You have to give up something to get something. He is slightly younger. I dont think Anderson is ever going to be a star just a solid role player. If we get him this year we get to see what he looks like in the system before having to put him on another contract at probably a higher rate. These are reason I could see it being done. Who is GL?
I meant JL - Joffrey Lauvergne

Old 02-07-18, 12:15 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

How many freaking bigs do the Hornets need....Willy to Charlotte.
Old 02-07-18, 03:41 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
How many freaking bigs do the Hornets need....Willy to Charlotte.
Yeah, I saw that. With Porzingis going down, I would have thought the Knicks would have held onto Hernangomez. Then I saw an article that the Knicks plan to waive O'Bryant ( Johnny O'Bryant - New York Knicks - 2018 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com ). Maybe this is the Knicks saying the season is over with plans for a very high lottery pick.

Old 02-07-18, 10:07 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Guy I've always wanted was Jeff Green. He's always been a monster against us. 6'9"and athletic.