News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-17, 10:15 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Where are all the La Marcus Aldridge haters?

Hes gotten us through this period of time without Tony and Kawhi in a wonderful way, Popovich said of Aldridge. Hes scoring, hes playing defense, rebounding, running the floor. Wed really be lost without him.

Gregg Popovich on LaMarcus Aldridge: “We’d really be lost without him” – ProBasketballTalk
Old 12-01-17, 01:09 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

waiting for kawhi leonard to come back and evaluate after the dust settles?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-01-17, 03:55 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

He was doing the same thing in Portland and wasn't able to get them over the hump. He's good, but he needs the others to make him better. His issue is can he co exist with another alpha dog. Can he be efficient with less touches or shots? Looks good when the teams top dog is gone. But Pop did admit to try and change him. I don't think people hated him cause they know he's got skill to kill. He just kind of faltered in the playoffs when Kawhi and Tony were gone.

Where was this LMA against the Warriors? They weren't going to beat Golden State, but he played timid, small and uninsured of himself. That was his biggest stage against the biggest, baddest team and he sunk. We all want this Aldridge entrenched in this team at full strength. But I think it's on his willingness to be what he needs to be when he needs to be great within the team concept.

Last edited by MRJONESIII; 12-01-17 at 03:58 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-02-17, 10:28 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

The ultimate point here is, had we traded Aldridge for whomever Aldridge haters were fantasizing about (Chris Paul, Paul George, et. al.), we would be in bad shape.
Old 12-02-17, 03:33 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

CIA Pop & Co. lighting a little fire in him with the trade talks and turning around and paying him to show their belief in him was paramount. It's all on him now, no more trying to change his game by Pop.
Old 12-02-17, 05:04 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
CIA Pop & Co. lighting a little fire in him with the trade talks and turning around and paying him to show their belief in him was paramount. It's all on him now, no more trying to change his game by Pop.
Yep
Old 12-04-17, 01:13 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Absolutely

There were so many hating on LA wanting to trade him for NOTHING in return. My point has always been this guy is at least a top 10 player, if not top 5 at his position. No one could answer exactly what we could get in return or how it would make us better.
Old 12-04-17, 01:25 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
There were so many hating on LA wanting to trade him for NOTHING in return. My point has always been this guy is at least a top 10 player, if not top 5 at his position. No one could answer exactly what we could get in return or how it would make us better.
Exactly!