News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 11-26-17, 05:04 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Tony is Back

The long awaited return of Spurs point guard Tony Parker is expected to happen Monday against the Mavericks, the team announced Sunday.

"I'm coming back on tomorrow's game against Dallas! I'm really excited to play again. It has been some tough months with a lot of recovery, patience and mental strength," Parker said with the announcement. "I wanted to thank everyone who believed in my return. Fans, family, friends, my Recovery Team and the San Antonio Spurs, I couldn't have done this without your support."

Tony Parker injury update: Spurs PG to make season debut vs. Mavericks | NBA | Sporting News
Old 11-26-17, 06:33 PM
SR Team Goof

Hallelujah!!! Welcome back TP, we missed ya. I'm going to Wednesday night's game against Memphis.
Old 11-27-17, 11:53 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Impressively quick return from a devastating injury. Pop has been using Manu extensively to restore on-court order during games. If nothing else, Tony's return alleviates Manu of some those extra minutes and keeps him fresh as the season progresses.

Meanwhile, I have a very bad feeling about the Kawhi situation...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-27-17, 12:09 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I hope your fears are for naught
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-27-17, 01:15 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckennaspur1 View Post
Impressively quick return from a devastating injury. Pop has been using Manu extensively to restore on-court order during games. If nothing else, Tony's return alleviates Manu of some those extra minutes and keeps him fresh as the season progresses.

Meanwhile, I have a very bad feeling about the Kawhi situation...
Tony Parker thinks Kawhi will be back in 2 to 3 weeks and thinks he is looking good.

The French international was asked how close his teammate was to a potential return.

“Close,” said Parker. “It’s still gonna be a process. The Spurs ain’t gonna take no risks, and it’s still going to be two weeks, three weeks. They’re not gonna take any risks. But he’s looking good so far, in what he did with me — he’s looking good.”

https://clutchpoints.com/spurs-news-...-3-weeks-away/
Old 11-27-17, 01:19 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckennaspur1 View Post
.......Meanwhile, I have a very bad feeling about the Kawhi situation...
I'm with you. I read somewhere that the Spurs coaches are 'perplexed' as to why it's taking Kawhi so long to recover from his injury and rehab. And Spurs management are releasing squat regarding his status other than his return will be 'sooner rather than later' --- wow.

Old 11-27-17, 02:19 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Tony is back...But will he BE BACK?
Old 11-27-17, 04:19 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
Tony is back...But will he BE BACK?
Eggshells, brother.

Old 11-27-17, 11:42 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

MVP!
Old 11-28-17, 02:55 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Well, Tony certainly reminded us of his value. The team has been making do without him. But in his few minutes on the floor tonight, he got the system working the way it was designed to do.

Meanwhile, that Pop-LaMarcus conversation over the summer may be the most valuable face-to-face sit-down the Spurs have had since DRob convinced free agent Timmy to stay in SA all those years ago.

(If Tony is accurate about Kawhi, I'll breathe a sigh of relief...)
Old 11-28-17, 11:02 AM
SR Team Goof

I hope Tony's comments are right on too. But I'd still be curious as to why Kawhi's recovery had taken so long.
Old 11-28-17, 03:05 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
I hope Tony's comments are right on too. But I'd still be curious as to why Kawhi's recovery had taken so long.
I think its taking so long because they planned on working in LA while Leonard rested. Ginobili was on record saying that Leonard looked great in the preseason. There is a reason why Leonard has not talked to the media about it. CIA Pop had his convo with Aldridge and devised a plan to work it all in. With the new "resting rules" it makes sense. I bet if it was the playoffs Leonard would have missed no time. Having Leonard out resulted in LA stepping his game up to a point of being comfortable. It's also stepped up the games of Green and Gasol. I like the move but my fantasy team hates it. just my opinion. I could be wrong but my gut tells me Leonard is fine.
Old 11-28-17, 05:07 PM
SR Team Goof

That would take a lot of stones for Pop and his staff to ask that of Kawhi, who was voted in the top 3 in the last two MVP races. And it would also take a lot of intestinal fortitude, restraint and personal sacrifice from a gym rat like Kawhi. If it were true, the Spurs had better sign Leonard for life and pay him whatever he asks.
Old 11-29-17, 09:51 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezsr View Post
I like the move but my fantasy team hates it.
+1
Old 11-29-17, 04:07 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
That would take a lot of stones for Pop and his staff to ask that of Kawhi, who was voted in the top 3 in the last two MVP races. And it would also take a lot of intestinal fortitude, restraint and personal sacrifice from a gym rat like Kawhi. If it were true, the Spurs had better sign Leonard for life and pay him whatever he asks.
Pop has a lot of stones so I wouldn't put it past him. Im sure they will pay him whatever he asks for.
Old 12-03-17, 09:09 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

aaand he's back out again. why are all the spurs resting tonight?
Old 12-04-17, 11:22 PM
SpursReport Rookie

There is no way on God's green Earth that Leonard is not playing because they want to give Aldridge some run. I think that the way they are playing WITHOUT Kawhi is giving them the luxury of ensuring they don't rush Kawhi back and possibly aggravate or create a chronic condition.
Old 12-05-17, 03:28 AM
SR Team Goof

And since the Spurs have had a decent start of the season, Kawhi's rehabbing gives Pop and the coaching staff an excellent opportunity to play the entire roster, when they can, and give the players extended court time. It also allows the staff to evaluate the bench players' performances for future situations as they arise.
Old 12-05-17, 01:14 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
And since the Spurs have had a decent start of the season, Kawhi's rehabbing gives Pop and the coaching staff an excellent opportunity to play the entire roster, when they can, and give the players extended court time. It also allows the staff to evaluate the bench players' performances for future situations as they arise.
so you are saying it was good for the team to sit Leonard correct? it is what Leonard stated as well:

"But my team is doing a great job right now of holding their own. A lot of people stepped up in the process, and it's going to be great for us in the long run."

if it were the playoffs I don't think Leonard would be sitting at all. so, in essence, they are sitting Leonard at this point to allow the team to develop.... and can afford to since they have been winning. If Spurs had a losing record mid November Leonard would have been playing.

Last edited by ibanezsr; 12-05-17 at 01:20 PM.
Old 12-05-17, 01:25 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
There is no way on God's green Earth that Leonard is not playing because they want to give Aldridge some run. I think that the way they are playing WITHOUT Kawhi is giving them the luxury of ensuring they don't rush Kawhi back and possibly aggravate or create a chronic condition.
aggravate what exactly? there is no real injury. This was from his recent interview.

Leonard declined to reveal when his right quadriceps first started to become an issue, saying "there wasn't a point last season" when the leg became a problem. Rather, he said, "it was just wear and tear."

He is just resting basically. whether its for LA, developing team play, making players step up, etc. If Leonard needed to play he would.
Old 12-06-17, 07:40 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I don't think this is some CiA Pop move, he is legitimately coming off an injury and like I said before we have the luxury to allow him to ensure he is 100% when he does come back.
Old 12-08-17, 10:13 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
I don't think this is some CiA Pop move, he is legitimately coming off an injury and like I said before we have the luxury to allow him to ensure he is 100% when he does come back.
Interesting read

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pou...g-lived-injury