News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 10-22-17, 05:16 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Am i crazy, biased or could we do it?

So here is the deal. After seeing what Murray and Gay can do, mixed with the guard play of Green, mills and forbes i really like how we can match up with Golden state. That isnt even mentioning parker, manu, paul and someone else who is a decent two way player, forgot his name. I wonder who sits when ky and parker return?

The real question to me is who can hang with us in the paint when LA plays like this? Gay and KY will both get inside buckets, pau. And lauvergne will get some as well.

Small ball with mills, green, gay, ky and LA. Mills brings it up, run ball through ky. Crazy length except at PG... liking it!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-22-17, 05:29 PM
SR Team Goof

Anything can happen. I'm thinking a rotation combination of White, Forbes or Paul will get the bleacher seats after TP and Kawhi return. Once these new faces, along with the Spurs vets get to know one another (probably just after the rodeo road trip), we'll see what this team can do. I'm concerned about the legs of Gasol, Gay and LA down the stretch, but if Pop stays true with playing limited minutes and resting players, we should be OK. But it's usually the team who has the least walking wounded in the playoffs who can see the finish line ahead.
Old 10-22-17, 07:09 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

2 games playing scrub teams. lol, for me hasnt changed any opinion.
i think and hope spurs will be competitive throughout the year. finish well. and make their playoff run as always. but beating these 2 scrub teams, the bulls shorthanded on top of that, doesnt change my outlook. glad the team came in and took them seriously and played well
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-23-17, 09:46 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Is no one willing to address the elephant in the room? The outstanding play of LaMarcus Aldridge?

Are these first two games not playing out exactly as I predicted?
Old 10-23-17, 12:37 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I'm with spursfan9, its a long season so be wary of making any conclusions this early. looks good for another 50 win season and hoping for 4th seed or better.
Old 10-23-17, 06:03 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
Is no one willing to address the elephant in the room? The outstanding play of LaMarcus Aldridge?

Are these first two games not playing out exactly as I predicted?
Kawhi's presence will always diminish Aldridge's game. Kawhi needs to be the later years Jordan and not the early years. Pick his spots and make sure guys are getting theirs then dominate when it's time. That's why the Spurs need a pure point guard like Rubio to facilitate and distribute.

His post ups stall the offense...that's Aldridge's spot. Kawhi should only do it on mismatches, but it's going to be a delicate situation or they'll fall into those same ways. I think Kawhi needs to work off more screens this year, then attack. That'll open up a lot more opportunities for other guys.

I don't think Minnesota is a scrub team either. They'll put it together and be a top 5 western conference team.
Old 10-24-17, 02:14 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I am beyond pleased with the first week of the season and reminded that you don't need to make a big free agent splash when you have a back to back 60 win team. So far, Murray and Gay have replaced whatever the Spurs have lost and LMA is reminding everyone that he's an all star big man. Oh, and Danny Green is looking like he added something to his game this off-season.

The big question for me is what exactly is Parker's role on this team now? Murray is the future at PG and future is now. I'd rather have Mills shooting off the bench with Manu's playmaking.

Can this team do it? Early returns seem to indicate that a final five of LMA, Gay, KY, Green, and Murray could get it done.

Last edited by b1gdon; 10-24-17 at 02:23 AM.
Old 10-24-17, 11:21 AM
SR Team Goof

I’m also satisfied with the ‘new’ Aldridge. He’s more aggressive and I loved the faceoff, standing his ground with Ibaka. Being at the game, I tend to watch and isolate players, watching their movements on the court. When I was watching LA, whenever he would cross through the lane for better position, the Raptor players would go out of their way to put an elbow or body on him, which is usually common in all games, but it seemed Toronto was going a little further than the norm. I am also impressed with DJ Murray’s play. I know it’s early but if Murray continues to put up stats like he has over the last couple games, he’ll make it hard for Parker to return and hold that starting PG spot. I also like the aggressive play of Lauvergne, going after the boards, both offensive/defensive rebounds and going to the rim with the ball. Given time to familiarize themselves to each other, the turnovers should get lower and the better we’ll play. It’s early yet but we’ll soon get into that fast lane and more forward with ‘Spurs’ basketball.
Old 10-24-17, 03:31 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
I’m also satisfied with the ‘new’ Aldridge. He’s more aggressive and I loved the faceoff, standing his ground with Ibaka. Being at the game, I tend to watch and isolate players, watching their movements on the court. When I was watching LA, whenever he would cross through the lane for better position, the Raptor players would go out of their way to put an elbow or body on him, which is usually common in all games, but it seemed Toronto was going a little further than the norm. I am also impressed with DJ Murray’s play. I know it’s early but if Murray continues to put up stats like he has over the last couple games, he’ll make it hard for Parker to return and hold that starting PG spot. I also like the aggressive play of Lauvergne, going after the boards, both offensive/defensive rebounds and going to the rim with the ball. Given time to familiarize themselves to each other, the turnovers should get lower and the better we’ll play. It’s early yet but we’ll soon get into that fast lane and more forward with ‘Spurs’ basketball.
I'm glad Pop didn't bench him like he did Dedmond and Bertans last year for sticking up for teammates in the playoffs!
Old 10-25-17, 09:51 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
I'm glad Pop didn't bench him like he did Dedmond and Bertans last year for sticking up for teammates in the playoffs!
I think Dedmond got benched because he couldn't space the floor, never passed the ball, and clogged up the paint. Basically, his positive defensive impact was completely negated by how he dragged down our offense.
Old 10-25-17, 05:42 PM
SpursReport Team Member

If Gay and Lauvergne can take Pau's minutes against Warriors we may have a chance. Pau is just not playable against them. Some off the other playoff matchups he will be able to help us. The lineup of Murray, Green, Leonard, Gay & Aldridge can be an amazing quick, long, defensive and offensive lineup. I can't wait to see how that works out.
Old 10-26-17, 12:03 AM
SpursReport Team Member

The biggest thing I've noticed in these first 4 games without KY is that the team is back to playing Spurs basketball. The ball moves and we're getting Tim Duncan like performance from the post. Honestly, while I appreciate the individual performance when the Spurs are running the MVP-KY offense, I never really liked the way the ball froze and the other players were left out.

It will be interesting to see what the Spurs do when KY comes back. Maybe MVP-KY only comes out in the 4th quarter and the Spurs run the offense through LMA in the first 3.
Old 10-27-17, 08:27 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

spurs gettin demolished by Orlando and John Simmons.
is he grinnin over at pop every time he walks by?
Old 10-27-17, 08:37 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan9 View Post
spurs gettin demolished by Orlando and John Simmons.
is he grinnin over at pop every time he walks by?
They were due for a stinker, and they certainly delivered in Orlando...
Old 10-28-17, 12:56 AM
SR Team Goof

Just a slap in the face to bring them back to reality. Now it's time to get to work.
Old 10-30-17, 03:29 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckennaspur1 View Post
They were due for a stinker, and they certainly delivered in Orlando...
I think they added a little emphasis in Indiana Sunday afternoon. On to Boston......oh boy. They need to cut down on turnovers and make a few shots while they're at it.

Old 10-30-17, 05:54 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

how many slaps in the faces will the spurs get in a row! ?

the journey to the answer continues tonight! haywardless celtics.

stevens may certainly outcoach pop, lets see.

murray vs kyrie might be interesting.

murray should prob bring his crayons so he can take notes, cause he might be get taken to school.