News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-17, 09:36 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

"Who are you most excited about this year?"

For me it's going to be Rudy Gay. If that guy can regain his sweet and smooth game, he's going to be great for us. I remember he used to kill us. His size, jumper and the ability to put the ball on the ground and drive to the basket...Plus shoot over guys with that high, sweet release. I'm excited, especially if his defense goes up in this system and him not having to carry the load, but capable of putting up numbers in bunches.

Kinda like a mini Kawhi when he's in the bench and Gay can be the focal point. Plus he's got the size to post up smaller guys too. Heck, is stick him at the 2 with some match ups.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-28-17, 11:18 PM
SR Team Goof

My eye is going to be on two guys this season: Bertans and Lauvergne. I’ve always liked Bertans, ever since we got him in the Hill-Leonard trade in 2011. Been watching videos on YouTube or wherever there were postings of his play in Europe. I’ve always liked big guys who can hit those ‘downtown’ shots. And when he finally made it to the NBA and I could watch him in pregame warmup and shoot arounds, what a smooth, sweet shot and follow through. Since I believe it was because of Bertans’ performance this last year that made Lee expendable, this may be a do or die season for Davis. But he’s a tough, don’t hold back guy with the slim build who doesn’t pull punches. I hope he really has a great sophomore season.

As for Lauvergne, Pop and RC always seem to find that ‘diamond in the rough’ guy out there who comes off the opponents’ bench late in the game that shows flashes of raw potential – I think Lauvergne is that guy the Spurs found out there. To me, he looks to be very agile with the ability to create on his own; can hit the 3 pointer when given the chance. CHANCE……. that’s what it takes sometimes to find that guy who can open eyes and make this team really dangerous. We had two of those type guys and couldn’t afford to keep them: Simmons and Dedmon. I hope Lauvergne’s game can give us relief from that loss.
Old 09-29-17, 09:38 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

I am most excited to see what Kawhi adds to his game.

Second would be how much improvement we see from Bertans and Murray.

Third is how well Gay fits in.

Fourth is Lauvergne. I am intrigued by this guy.

And last would be how well all of our other young additions fit in.
Old 09-29-17, 11:53 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
I am most excited to see what Kawhi adds to his game.

Second would be how much improvement we see from Bertans and Murray.

Third is how well Gay fits in.

Fourth is Lauvergne. I am intrigued by this guy.

And last would be how well all of our other young additions fit in.
Wow, you said it all, I've got nothing left to say.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-30-17, 03:19 PM
SpursReport Team Member

With KY injury news, Hou/OKC FA signings, Warriors, and Pau contract extension, I'm like:

Last edited by b1gdon; 09-30-17 at 03:28 PM.
Old 10-27-17, 02:51 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I still think when Rudy gets more in tuned and better game shape/comfortable...he's going to be lethal for us. Especially if that sweet stroke continues to get better. Bigger than Kawhi and at one time was a nightmare for the Spurs to contend with. Small ball line up will be looking just fine with Murray, Green, Kawhi, Gay and Aldridge.
Old 10-27-17, 06:26 PM
SR Team Goof

Does anybody know what has happened to Bertans? Is he in Pop's doghouse? He's only played in two games this season, including preseason, against the Rockets (preseason--6 mins) and the Wolves (4 mins). Has the emergence of Gay's play taken away his minutes? Sad.
Old 10-27-17, 06:44 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

need to play bertans more bc once gay get gets hurt, we need a reliable backup
Old 11-08-17, 08:44 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

I'm sticking with my original pick...Rudy Gay. The more he gets into shape, more knowledge of the defensive and offensive system, he will be huge. The jumper has always been silky smooth and beautiful. He shots it with no effort. I've been using that jumper in NBA2K for a long while now. Only downside is if he plays too good...he'll leave next year for more money. I hope he stays healthy and the culture around there keeps him around. I think he'll be key against small ball teams...especially if Kawhi becomes more of a facilitator this year and dominate when he needs to.