News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 09-24-17, 09:48 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

D Wade?

Just got a buyout from Chicago. Apparently according to ESp ,s Woj the Spurs, Cavs and Heat are the front runners. What y'all think?

- Confucius
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-24-17, 10:40 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I dont think the spurs have much of a chance. I think it is either heat or cavs.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-25-17, 01:12 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

I think the Spurs aren't interested. Media makes this stuff up.
Old 09-25-17, 01:15 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

But I see Okafor is on the block. We need another big, he'll be cheap and Brown best call Pop first!
Old 09-25-17, 02:06 AM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurduncan21 View Post
Just got a buyout from Chicago. Apparently according to ESp ,s Woj the Spurs, Cavs and Heat are the front runners. What y'all think?
I think Wade goes back to Miami, they love him down there. Lebron abandoned Wade in Miami so I believe Cavs are out of the picture, IMHO.

Old 09-25-17, 02:21 AM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
But I see Okafor is on the block. We need another big, he'll be cheap and Brown best call Pop first!
I'd take Okafor in a heart beat, we need another big who can at least rebound. He's a good inside man on offense, can't play defense that well but should be able to learn. Trouble is, who do you give up? They just drafted #1 Fultz, picked up JJ Redick as a free agent. The only thing I see they might need to a defensive player. They cut Okafor loose, they'll really be short on bigs. The only person I can think of to offer up would be Green if the Sixers are serious about giving up Okafor. At least it might free up some salary for next year.

Old 09-25-17, 09:09 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

How bout bring back another former SPUR....Jamychal Green? Even Festus Ezeli is out there. Spencer Hawes, Thomas Robinson, Jared Sullinger. There's a host of big men...Even Chris Bosh. But we have too many damn guards. I think Green is low budget mixture of Draymond Green and Paul Milsap. But at 6'9"...he'd be truly effective from the 3-5 on any given night.

Last edited by MRJONESIII; 09-25-17 at 12:11 PM.
Old 09-25-17, 09:16 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
I'd take Okafor in a heart beat, we need another big who can at least rebound. He's a good inside man on offense, can't play defense that well but should be able to learn. Trouble is, who do you give up? They just drafted #1 Fultz, picked up JJ Redick as a free agent. The only thing I see they might need to a defensive player. They cut Okafor loose, they'll really be short on bigs. The only person I can think of to offer up would be Green if the Sixers are serious about giving up Okafor. At least it might free up some salary for next year.

Kyle Anderson and Forbes.
Old 09-25-17, 09:51 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

wanna have a chance to make it to FINALS?
go EAST.
the whole west playoffs from round 1 or 2 will be a championship matchup.

by the time the team (warriors) makes it to the finals, they'll be exhausted. they (warriors) will still win, but who knows at that point, you'll certainly have the best chance at them given how fatigued they may be.
Old 09-25-17, 01:31 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
How bout bring back another former SPUR....Jamychal Green? Even Festus Ezeli is out there. Spencer Hawes, Thomas Robinson, Jared Sullinger. There's a host of big men...Even Chris Bosh. But we have too many damn guards. I think Green is low budget mixture of Draymond Green and Paul Milsap. But at 6'9"...he'd be truly effective from the 3-5 on any given night.
I'd take Jamychal Green in a heartbeat too, but I thought he was supposed to resign with Memphis? J Green is young and would be a fixture in the Spurs lineup for many years. I don't understand why the Spurs gave him up in the first place. Hawes would be OK, he's a 3 point shooter.

Old 09-25-17, 01:32 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Kyle Anderson and Forbes.
OK with me, but Anderson would get lost in their lineup and Forbes would probably be waived.

Old 09-25-17, 01:45 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

You guys are all dreaming. Our roster is set.
Old 09-25-17, 02:16 PM
SR Team Goof

I'm just a fantasy airchair GM who likes to dream a lot.
Old 09-25-17, 05:20 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
There is one guy from that Sixer roster I'd like to get is Robert Covington, a hustling 6'9" forward who like to bang and plays pretty good defense.

Old 09-25-17, 05:55 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
There is one guy from that Sixer roster I'd like to get is Robert Covington, a hustling 6'9" forward who like to bang and plays pretty good defense.

Really like him...backing Kawhi or Green at the 2. But he's a key part of their roster. Definitely have nothing to offer for him.
Old 09-25-17, 08:32 PM
SpursReport Team Member

The Spurs do not need a Marquette Gutter Rat!

Last edited by rooster; 09-25-17 at 08:36 PM.
Old 09-25-17, 08:35 PM
SpursReport Team Member

The Spurs do not need a Marquette Gutter Rat!
Old 09-26-17, 07:43 PM
SR Team Goof

Report: Dwyane Wade reaches deal with Cleveland, will sign Wednesday

alh1020: So what else is new?

Link to article: Report: Dwyane Wade reaches deal with Cleveland, will sign Wednesday ProBasketballTalk
Old 09-26-17, 08:38 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Nothing much really. Can't wait for the season to start

- Confucius
Old 09-28-17, 01:16 PM
SR Team Goof

Let's play ball!!!!!
Old 09-28-17, 01:40 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Report: Dwyane Wade reaches deal with Cleveland, will sign Wednesday

alh1020: So what else is new?

Link to article: Report: Dwyane Wade reaches deal with Cleveland, will sign Wednesday ProBasketballTalk
All these banana boat signings are just ridiculous, predictable and boring. It's almost sickening....who's next to Cleveland, Chris Bosh! Maybe the league should be made up of only 8 teams, then everyone can play with everyone!
Old 09-28-17, 02:53 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
All these banana boat signings are just ridiculous, predictable and boring. It's almost sickening....who's next to Cleveland, Chris Bosh! Maybe the league should be made up of only 8 teams, then everyone can play with everyone!
Wade's signing was very predictable, but I would say the Warriors signing Durant was shocking. The same goes for Houston and Chris Paul, and OKC getting both Paul George and Carmelo. Minnesota looks like a potential contender, as well. I think it is somewhat unrealistic to expect more than 8 teams to be elite. I for one am really interested to see how this season shakes out. Do the Spurs hang on to Aldridge throughout the season? How do the young kids develop?