News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 09-23-17, 05:15 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Melo Back on Trading Block

Woj just announced he is willing to go to OKC + CLE in addition to HOU. Am assuming Knicks went to him and said there will be no deal with HOU since Knicks will not take Ryan Anderson ($60M) contract under any circumstance so he's smart to expand his list. Just shows how much of a POS Melo is now that he's willing to go to CLE after Kyrie trade (+ fact Irving was interested in NYK to begin with). Either way wherever he goes will not be a threat. Melo is overrated and am curious to see what contract he will be getting after this season. Cannot see him signing another max contract so soak up whatever you can while you can Melo.

If Melo was smart he'd also include Portland and want to play with CJ and Lillard

- Confucius
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-23-17, 02:13 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Wouldn't have thought he'd end up going to Okc for just Kanter , McDermott and a pick pick. The Knicks are clearly the worst run team not just in basketball but in all of sports.

- Confucius
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-23-17, 02:18 PM
SpursReport Team Member

That multi year deal for Gasol is looking worse and worse. Spurs need to "blow up" this team and rebuild around Kawhi 2020. GSW is still a monster in the near term and OKC just got up to the level of Spurs/Rockets. Only LBJ2SA gives the Spurs a reason to try to push for short term success in this 2-3 year window.

Last edited by b1gdon; 09-23-17 at 02:21 PM.
Old 09-23-17, 03:00 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Have to consider Melo had a no trade clause which less than 5% percent of players have (not a fact just a guess). That in his contact gives him full control where traded to and eliminating the trade kicker of $8.5m allowed it to happen. Gasol isn't that bad but don't know why Spurs would operate with such loyalty for a player who was only here for a very short period of time. I'd understand better if he was here for like a minimum of 3 years.

Anyway I still think we are #2 and okc just supplanted HOU as #3 in the west. League Pass is going to be much more fun and am loving that this guarantees that it will not be easy for the Western champ

- Confucius

Last edited by spurduncan21; 09-23-17 at 03:14 PM.
Old 09-23-17, 03:09 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

The league is getting so watered down it's pathetic right now. I'm so glad the Spurs haven't made any wild trades now...cause it'll be so damn sweet if they win the title!
Old 09-25-17, 01:15 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

I don't see how Melo doesn't become a 15ppg scorer in OKC.
Old 09-25-17, 10:43 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

I didn't think Westbrook/Anthony/George could work until I realized this could be the second coming of Westbrook/Durant/Hardin.
Old 09-25-17, 11:12 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

They're extremely thin up front now.