News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 09-15-17, 11:42 PM
SR Team Goof

Andrew Bogut????

Andrew Bogut has been cleared by doctors, ready for NBA return

By Kurt HelinSep 15, 2017, 5:56 PM EDT

Any teams out there that could use a solid, defensive-minded backup center?

The answer is yes. Even a few teams that don’t think they need one actually do. Andrew Bogut would fit that bill if healthy, but the guy who broke his tibia in his first game with the Cavaliers last season has health questions. Ones his agent tried to dispel speaking to David Aldridge of TNT/NBA.com.

David Aldridge @daldridgetnt
CT scan on @andrewbogut tibia shows complete healing, along w/radiology report that shows leg is “solidly united,” per agent David Bauman.

That may be true, but teams will decide that for themselves because nobody is signing him without a full physical (which is standard practice, see the Isaiah Thomas trade for a recent example).

But it behooves the agent to get this out there and hope a few more teams jump in the bidding for his client. A few teams reportedly are interested, including the Boston Celtics (who need defensive help inside), but it would be a surprise if anyone offers more than the league minimum.

Bogut is a good defensive center in the paint. He’s not flying in from the weak side for the block athletic, but he’s a big body always in the right position, and he’s also good at helping quarterback the defense. If Boston, or another team, could get 15 minutes a night out of him it would be huge.

Link to article: Andrew Bogut has been cleared by doctors, ready for NBA return – ProBasketballTalk
Old 09-16-17, 07:58 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

O was wondering who'd be the one to post about Bogut?

- Confucius
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-16-17, 10:52 AM
SR Team Goof

Since the participation on this website has diminished over the past few years and it seems so few remaining members want to initiate a post these past few months, I figured why not. I read that Bogut was available and that first sentence of the article that read “Any teams out there that could use a solid, defensive-minded backup center?” really caught my eye since the Spurs are known for their ‘defense’ but we don’t really have any big men presently on this squad who can play defense, IMO, I figured, why not, again.
Old 09-16-17, 11:35 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

He'd be the center we need and do not have but someone would need to be cut loose to make that happen. We do need at least 2 true centers so he'd be a welcome sign at the minimum and he's get his chance to show he's not truly brittle as we all think he is.

- Confucius
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-16-17, 11:51 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I would rather us go after Marshal Plumble. He is younger and I think would be better (more offense then Defense). I agree though we need another center and to get rid of some of the guards.
Old 09-17-17, 02:16 AM
SR Team Goof

Here’s my 3 cents worth: we make a run at either Bogut, Alex Len (RFA), Mason Plumlee (RFA) or David Lee (UFA) and cut either Perrantes or Forbes loose. I really like Forbes but we have too many guards and he'd just be in G league all year anyway.
Old 09-18-17, 04:39 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkfan View Post
I would rather us go after Marshal Plumble. He is younger and I think would be better (more offense then Defense). I agree though we need another center and to get rid of some of the guards.
+1...younger and less injury prone. And more athletic. Like many others...Bogut being mentioned of this team, but won't never happen. Same trick & pony ride.
Old 09-18-17, 11:21 PM
SpursReport Rookie

not a Spur player, not sure why. plus he is too slow now. I read Plumble got signed already. whatever happened to David Lee?
Old 09-19-17, 04:23 AM
SR Team Goof

Welcome aboard, Elmanu. I read an article on the PoundingTheRock website that it is believed Davis Bertans' rookie performance last year has convinced the Spurs leadership they don't need Lee's services any longer. Also, Lee having that knee injury at season's end didn't help his chances of return either.

Bertans article: https://www.poundingtherock.com/2017...lee-expendable
Old 09-19-17, 10:22 AM
SR Team Goof

So much for that.

Reports: Lakers to sign Andrew Bogut to one-year deal – ProBasketballTalk
Old 09-20-17, 10:08 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMANU View Post
not a Spur player, not sure why. plus he is too slow now. I read Plumble got signed already. whatever happened to David Lee?
He did I believe by the clippers but he is not expected to make it through training camp as they have a lot of bigs and it is non guaranteed.

the other player I would like would be Okafor would have to be a trade but I think could be got for cheep. Not good Defense but could be someone else to build around.