LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-17, 04:37 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Kyrie Irving would reportedly sign extension with Spurs

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/8/16/1...-parker-injury

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/r...aded-to-spurs/

https://www.poundingtherock.com/2017...-antonio-spurs

lol. and Go....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-17-17, 05:02 PM
SR Team Goof

Though I find this intriguing, I shutter at what Cleveland would want in return knowing they wouldn’t want Aldridge. We got a nice core of young folks that I really don’t want to see going back to Cleveland, ie, Murray, Bertans, Forbes and Anderson. However, RC has always said that he’d go for a trade only if it helps the Spurs. But the bottom line is Irving says he’d sign an extension if traded to the Spurs but there’s no way to hold him to that claim when the time comes for him to ante up. My stomach can't stop rumbling after reading this thread.
Old 08-17-17, 06:51 PM
SR Team Goof

Here's a goodie: The Admiral likes Kyrie in a Spurs uniform

https://www.poundingtherock.com/2017...-spurs-uniform
Old 08-18-17, 10:50 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Aldridge/Murray to Phoenix, Bledsoe to Cleveland, Kyrie to San Antonio! Start Joffery at forward and or pick up another big. Aldridge is gone next year...Kyrie will sign long term and make us a great FA destination with Leonard/Irving combo. He's probably not coming but whatever. Wish we could of sign and traded Simmons to Cleveland in a package.

Last edited by MRJONESIII; 08-18-17 at 10:55 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-18-17, 05:38 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Call it a pipe dream but I'd love nothing else but to keep LA and Kawhi making everyone else on roster available to Cleveland. Between future draft picks and euro stashes, I think we can make a palatable offer that could be enticing.

Cleveland would be foolish to roll into the new season with their second best player being disgruntled. Teams initial offers were probably better than any offer rolling in now just because of the franchises current dysfunctionality.

- Confucius
Old 08-18-17, 08:19 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

And his willingness to only sign a long term deal with San Antonio helps us cause I don't think anyone is giving up valuable pieces if he won't commit to them. Both Phoenix and New York agent winning any titles anytime soon and might not even make the playoffs. Spurs, Wolves and the Heat. Murray didn't help himself in the summer league this year.

If Kyrie isn't moved before the start of the season, December and the trade deadline will bring better packages for Cleveland. Then San Antonio will be out the picture by then. Especially with him not having a no trade clause...He goes where they want him to go.