News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-13-17, 11:00 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

KD's asterix title.

All the crap he was leaking out of his pie hole about Kawhi being a system player and him joining a 73-9 team to score him a easy title...I'll never give the dude credit. Never liked him anyways. Like the Warriors needed him, it helped obviously but I'm sure they would have been fine without him.

Had a great team in OKC...his team, but was unable to coexist with his teammates. Maybe just bad coaching. But no...he had to jump on on the bandwagon or freight train to get to where he wanted to be. Oh no...don't stick it out and continue to build with the team who drafted you and be that special player when and if you do win the title.

But to call our guy a system player is a slap in the face to himself, cause he played in a system that helped his sorry ass get a cheap title! PATHETIC! And I sure as heck didn't know that was their franchises 5th title! That sucks to....The Spurs need to get their 6th real soon!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-13-17, 11:31 AM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
......And I sure as heck didn't know that was their franchises 5th title! That sucks to....The Spurs need to get their 6th real soon!
Philadelphia Warriors 1946-47, 1955-56
Golden State Warriors: 1974-75, 2014-15, 2016-2017

And if you happen to be taking a poll, I don't like Durant either.

Old 06-13-17, 11:37 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

1946?? took them a lot longer to get 5 than it did the Spurs.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-13-17, 12:12 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
All the crap he was leaking out of his pie hole about Kawhi being a system player and him joining a 73-9 team to score him a easy title...I'll never give the dude credit. Never liked him anyways. Like the Warriors needed him, it helped obviously but I'm sure they would have been fine without him.

Had a great team in OKC...his team, but was unable to coexist with his teammates. Maybe just bad coaching. But no...he had to jump on on the bandwagon or freight train to get to where he wanted to be. Oh no...don't stick it out and continue to build with the team who drafted you and be that special player when and if you do win the title.

But to call our guy a system player is a slap in the face to himself, cause he played in a system that helped his sorry ass get a cheap title! PATHETIC! And I sure as heck didn't know that was their franchises 5th title! That sucks to....The Spurs need to get their 6th real soon!
I have no problem with what KD did. Cant look at it from a fan perspective have to look at it from a business perspective. He was obviously the difference in GS winning this yr compared to last yr. KD has been in the league for a decade and assured himself some hardware. If I had a chance to play on the best team in history, have a chance to be the difference maker on said team, chance to win finals MVP which, in return, will make him more money in the long run, all while moving from crappy OKC to California i am doing it in a heartbeat. He made the right call and benefits from it now. This is not the 80's anymore. Free agency and super teams are where this league is at now. If you don't jump on that train than you will end up like Barkley.

Its like liking an up and coming band that used to only play at small venues and then they make it big and play at huge arenas. You may not like the band as much but they did the right thing and sold out. Make the money make some money!
Old 06-13-17, 12:45 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezsr View Post
I have no problem with what KD did. Cant look at it from a fan perspective have to look at it from a business perspective. He was obviously the difference in GS winning this yr compared to last yr. KD has been in the league for a decade and assured himself some hardware. If I had a chance to play on the best team in history, have a chance to be the difference maker on said team, chance to win finals MVP which, in return, will make him more money in the long run, all while moving from crappy OKC to California i am doing it in a heartbeat. He made the right call and benefits from it now. This is not the 80's anymore. Free agency and super teams are where this league is at now. If you don't jump on that train than you will end up like Barkley.

Its like liking an up and coming band that used to only play at small venues and then they make it big and play at huge arenas. You may not like the band as much but they did the right thing and sold out. Make the money make some money!
No, Durant has to look at it from a legacy perspective... How did he win the title? Did he win it as the top option on a really strong okc team that he was drafted by? Or did he win it joining a historic 73 win team that would likely win with or without Durant? He went option B, and it will be talked about forever. I don't believe he was the difference either... Last year Draymond thugged out and got suspended, and curry was gimpy... I think they would have won with Melo in durants spot.

Last edited by TimmyDthaWay2B; 06-13-17 at 12:49 PM.
Old 06-13-17, 03:21 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyDthaWay2B View Post
No, Durant has to look at it from a legacy perspective... How did he win the title? Did he win it as the top option on a really strong okc team that he was drafted by? Or did he win it joining a historic 73 win team that would likely win with or without Durant? He went option B, and it will be talked about forever. I don't believe he was the difference either... Last year Draymond thugged out and got suspended, and curry was gimpy... I think they would have won with Melo in durants spot.
well then you are looking at it from a selfish fan perspective and not a business perspective. If he wasn't the difference maker then he would not have won the Finals MVP.

Legacy???? haha look at LBJ. He skipped town on Cleveland and put together a dream team in Miami, then went back to Cleveland when they were in a better spot and is still only 3-5 in finals (should be 2-6 if it wasn't for Ray Ray's 3 in 2013) yet he is constantly compared to MJ for some reason. His legacy does not seem to be hurt by him leaving Cleveland and he left in total douchebag mode.

Draymond got suspended for one game.... big whoop. He played in games 6 and 7 and they still lost. Curry may be gimpy but most players are in June.

Melo??? haha that man can't play defense to save his life. Durant plays both ends and that helped GS's defense since they lost important defenders that had size in Bogut and Barnes.

If Durant stayed on OKC this year he would be going on a decade without winning it all and not a lot of promise for the future with having to play with Westbrook and capped with team spending $$$.

He did the right thing and got his.
Old 06-13-17, 03:30 PM
SpursReport Rookie

And for those of you that rag on KD I will expect you to rag on any big name free agent that joins the Spurs because they can't win on the current team they just played for. If KD joined the Spurs this past summer I am sure you wouldn't have had a problem with it. And before you give me the "KD lost to the team that he went to' crap big deal.... If we want to talk about "not going to the enemy" then let's talk about the real enemy which is Lebron James who KD lost to in Finals in 2012. That bad taste stuck with him for 5 years and he wanted his revenge. I don't buy the whole "enemy" thing with GS. It's not like OKC and GS had this big rivalry or anything. They played each other once and KD lost. If he wants to beat Lebron then he did the right thing. I can't knock him for that nor will i judge his "legacy" for it haha.
Old 06-13-17, 05:19 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Yes LeBron went to the Heat, but they collectively built that team around them in a sense. I think him going back to Cleveland was still the similar situation...moving the first pick for Love the Kyrie came into his own after all star weekend. What KD did would be like Magic, Bird, Ewing joining Jordan win they won 72 games. Business wise, of course it's good. But that'll be his legacy one way or the other.

If we got Paul or someone else it'll be to fill the void of our now aging point guard. Which I don't think that's happening. Now if LeBron would have joined the Spurs after 2014, then I would constitute that as crap. But now it's over and done, he got his ring and finals MVP like Kawhi, but unlike Kawhi he didn't have the grit to ride his own train and rely on the franchise to put pieces around him. Hell, if it wasn't for a couple of million, OKC would easily have possibly the three best players at their respective positions.

Duncan, LeBron, Wade, Parker, Manu and Bosh all took pay cuts the get decent pieces around them to make title runs. Garnett took all that money in Minnesota and couldn't win a title there either. Like you said...Business wise good...Legacy, not so good. That'll be his dark cloud.

But at least the Spurs didn't start that trend...Now they just have to figure a why how to keep up, especially if development is their route.

Last edited by MRJONESIII; 06-13-17 at 05:22 PM.
Old 06-13-17, 09:28 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

get ready for about 3-5 more astericks coming your way

i guess this is like showtime lakers. is that the last time a team has been so stacked.
Old 06-14-17, 06:04 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
well then you are looking at it from a selfish fan perspective and not a business perspective. If he wasn't the difference maker then he would not have won the Finals MVP.

Legacy???? haha look at LBJ. He skipped town on Cleveland and put together a dream team in Miami, then went back to Cleveland when they were in a better spot and is still only 3-5 in finals (should be 2-6 if it wasn't for Ray Ray's 3 in 2013) yet he is constantly compared to MJ for some reason. His legacy does not seem to be hurt by him leaving Cleveland and he left in total douchebag mode.

Draymond got suspended for one game.... big whoop. He played in games 6 and 7 and they still lost. Curry may be gimpy but most players are in June.

Melo??? haha that man can't play defense to save his life. Durant plays both ends and that helped GS's defense since they lost important defenders that had size in Bogut and Barnes.

If Durant stayed on OKC this year he would be going on a decade without winning it all and not a lot of promise for the future with having to play with Westbrook and capped with team spending $$$.

He did the right thing and got his.
If Durant didn't win finals mvp, Curry wold have. It really doesn't matter if Melo doesn't play D... They don't need him to with all that fire power... Surely you don't truly believe that melos average d is the deal Breaker .. Like surely you don't believe Horry was saying that Manu was hurt and didn't do what he was supposed to do with kobe LOL... You do know gs won a title without Durant right? Was Durant the difference maker then too? LOL. Most players aren't playing at 60 percent health come the finals.. Curry clearly wasn't curry last year... Come on man.. Yea. Look at LBJ... He is stil criticized and nitpicked about everything... Just because a few talking heads and fans compare him to MJ doesn't mean he is truly comparable to mj. If Durant didn't go to GS, he would still have a talent stacked team with a chance to win every year... But that is too much pressure on durants shoulders.. It has to be easy and pressure free... Also... LeBron never joined a historic 73 win team.... He Atleast joined a team that had never played together for the most part.. Kd Joined a team that didn't need him.

You can say he made the right decision.. If the right decision is pulling the veteran move and going to a historic team that doesn't need you to win a title... Then yes he did... He just better prep for people to talk about that fact for years to come. Maybe if he didn't choke multiples times with a strong okc team, then the criticism wouldn't be so bad...

Last edited by TimmyDthaWay2B; 06-14-17 at 06:17 AM.
Old 06-14-17, 06:20 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
And for those of you that rag on KD I will expect you to rag on any big name free agent that joins the Spurs because they can't win on the current team they just played for. If KD joined the Spurs this past summer I am sure you wouldn't have had a problem with it. And before you give me the "KD lost to the team that he went to' crap big deal.... If we want to talk about "not going to the enemy" then let's talk about the real enemy which is Lebron James who KD lost to in Finals in 2012. That bad taste stuck with him for 5 years and he wanted his revenge. I don't buy the whole "enemy" thing with GS. It's not like OKC and GS had this big rivalry or anything. They played each other once and KD lost. If he wants to beat Lebron then he did the right thing. I can't knock him for that nor will i judge his "legacy" for it haha.
Once the spurs win 73 games and make 3 straight trips to the finals... Then add Anthony Davis following all of that... Ill be sure to rag on them.. Because any other scenario isn't even remotely the same thing LOL...
Old 06-14-17, 08:32 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Once the spurs win 73 games and make 3 straight trips to the finals... Then add Anthony Davis following all of that... Ill be sure to rag on them.. Because any other scenario isn't even remotely the same thing LOL...
Yeah, cause KD is a top 3-5 premier player going to an out worldly team. And make that 74 wins....LMAO!
Old 06-14-17, 10:46 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Let's face it KD won fair and square and by the rules as they are today in the NBA.
Lets move on to helping Our Spurs in the coming season
Old 06-14-17, 01:42 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Well... I could argue they cheated SA with that dirty Zaza... But sure other than that he won fair a d square.. But that isn't really the argument..
Old 06-14-17, 02:30 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
I understand your perspective because I feel, or perhaps felt, the same way. Would've preferred him to stick it out with OKC and try to knock them off. However, I don't believe his legacy will be tarnished at all. No more so than LBJ's is tarnished by being 3-5 in Finals appearances. All anyone talks about is his legacy and how he compares to MJ. Hardly a tarnished legacy. No one goes back and says he could've been 2-6 if not for Ray Allen. That is, none of the so called pundits. Spurs fans on fan forums may say that but in the larger scheme, we are just fans. And from a fans point of view, some will look down on KD. However, let's look down on OKC and their ownership group. This is a team that had KD, Harden, Westbrook and Ibaka all in their early 20's. They didn't want to pay Harden so they traded him. This team was in the Finals in 2012. They had a super team that they drafted!! I get it. They didn't want to pay the tax. Perhaps players didn't want to make sacrifices to keep "the band" together. As someone mentioned earlier, there are two sides to this story. OKC could've easily been the Warriors if they wanted to pay everyone. In 2012, people were talking about OKC has the next great team.

Finally, I think that if KD would've had a Tristan Thompson or even a Kevin Love type of series, then people would've said he gravy trained his way to a championship. He became the best player on a team that went 73-9 the previous year and many of those guys on that team deferred to him during these Finals. People will only talk about how he averaged 35pts a game against LBJ and how he was the best player on this championship team during these Finals.
Old 06-14-17, 02:47 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by polk View Post
I understand your perspective because I feel, or perhaps felt, the same way. Would've preferred him to stick it out with OKC and try to knock them off. However, I don't believe his legacy will be tarnished at all. No more so than LBJ's is tarnished by being 3-5 in Finals appearances. All anyone talks about is his legacy and how he compares to MJ. Hardly a tarnished legacy. No one goes back and says he could've been 2-6 if not for Ray Allen. That is, none of the so called pundits. Spurs fans on fan forums may say that but in the larger scheme, we are just fans. And from a fans point of view, some will look down on KD. However, let's look down on OKC and their ownership group. This is a team that had KD, Harden, Westbrook and Ibaka all in their early 20's. They didn't want to pay Harden so they traded him. This team was in the Finals in 2012. They had a super team that they drafted!! I get it. They didn't want to pay the tax. Perhaps players didn't want to make sacrifices to keep "the band" together. As someone mentioned earlier, there are two sides to this story. OKC could've easily been the Warriors if they wanted to pay everyone. In 2012, people were talking about OKC has the next great team.

Finally, I think that if KD would've had a Tristan Thompson or even a Kevin Love type of series, then people would've said he gravy trained his way to a championship. He became the best player on a team that went 73-9 the previous year and many of those guys on that team deferred to him during these Finals. People will only talk about how he averaged 35pts a game against LBJ and how he was the best player on this championship team during these Finals.
I think it will be tarnished a bit. He had the perfect situation last year where OKC was up 3-1 and due to his inability to play like he did this year, they folded, choked. Being a top 2 or 3 player in the world means you take criticism and understand that you should be able to get your team over the hump especially in that type of situation or at least regroup the next year and try again with an improved roster. He did the opposite and surveyed where he could get his ring the easiest.

Yes, he had a great series, but how could he not? They have 4 all-stars. Who is Cle going to guard? Durant could go one on one and have his way with any team. Yes, it's a plus that he went against LBJ and was successful, but think about CLE and who carried the load. It was said that the CAVS were like -12 when LBJ sat out 2 minutes or something crazy. LBJ IS the team. Durant could take off quarters when he wanted then come back and score. LBJ didn't have that luxury.
Old 06-14-17, 04:34 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
No problem with it, but still his legacy won't be the same if he'd stayed in OKC and overcame the Warriors and the Spurs which he's already done 2 or 3 times. And Chris Paul is still good...But not KD good at this point in his career. Paul is now outside of the top 3 point guards in the league (Westbrook, Curry & Kyrie). Wall, Lillard and Thomas are on his ass for 4th.

Paul to the Spurs is only...because Tony is pretty much on his way out. If we'd got Paul 4-5 years ago then yes. Durant is a game changer and there are only about 5-8, true game changers in the league. Imagine if he went to Washington...that would've been the move. That would have vaulted the Wizards into ECF territory and possible Cav dethroners and a possible force in the east for years to come.
Old 06-14-17, 05:20 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by montgod View Post
I think it will be tarnished a bit. He had the perfect situation last year where OKC was up 3-1 and due to his inability to play like he did this year, they folded, choked. Being a top 2 or 3 player in the world means you take criticism and understand that you should be able to get your team over the hump especially in that type of situation or at least regroup the next year and try again with an improved roster. He did the opposite and surveyed where he could get his ring the easiest.

Yes, he had a great series, but how could he not? They have 4 all-stars. Who is Cle going to guard? Durant could go one on one and have his way with any team. Yes, it's a plus that he went against LBJ and was successful, but think about CLE and who carried the load. It was said that the CAVS were like -12 when LBJ sat out 2 minutes or something crazy. LBJ IS the team. Durant could take off quarters when he wanted then come back and score. LBJ didn't have that luxury.
All the points you make are valid but think about it. It wasn't a big story this year. Yes, in the early part of the season the move, or KD's version of The Decision was a topic of conversation but as the season went on it became less and less of a topic. Did some talk about it?? Sure they did but by the time the Finals rolled around it was less and less of a topic of discussion. Hell, the word in OKC is that KD and Westbrook have even begun talking. Time has a way of making people forget the details. Think about it... People believe that Bill Buckner cost the Red Sox the '86 World Series with his error at first base. In actuality it happened in Game 6. They still had a Game 7 to play. The same with Kirk Gibson's HR in the '88 WS. We'll never forget the details but in 10-15 years Ray Allen's shot will have won the championship for Miami instead of just forcing a Game 7. Derek Fisher's shot with 0.4 secs will have won the WCF for the Lakers. Over the years people forget about the details and just worry about the end result. Right, wrong or otherwise, that's usually the case.
Old 06-14-17, 05:46 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:

LeBronn didn't leave an extremely talented team to go to a record setting 73 win teams that didn't need him. Lebron has been pretty dominant for a long time now.. Durant has some nothing but choke when in a position to succeed... Years down the road, everyone including the media will still be bringing up how Durant never won anything with OKC. I would consider that somewhat tarnished... Durant never did anything but win with an already stacked team. I guess it's your definition of tarnished... People do go back and say Ray allen saved LeBron in 2013... Ive heard it from skip Bayless to Charles Barkley... I wouldn't be shocked if i heard it 10 year's from now. Because its true..and people will also talk about how Durant had great stats.. Because of his team... No such thing as a double team... He wouldn't do that in okc... Because he is a system player
Old 06-14-17, 05:50 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
All the points you make are valid but think about it. It wasn't a big story this year. Yes, in the early part of the season the move, or KD's version of The Decision was a topic of conversation but as the season went on it became less and less of a topic. Did some talk about it?? Sure they did but by the time the Finals rolled around it was less and less of a topic of discussion. Hell, the word in OKC is that KD and Westbrook have even begun talking. Time has a way of making people forget the details. Think about it... People believe that Bill Buckner cost the Red Sox the '86 World Series with his error at first base. In actuality it happened in Game 6. They still had a Game 7 to play. The same with Kirk Gibson's HR in the '88 WS. We'll never forget the details but in 10-15 years Ray Allen's shot will have won the championship for Miami instead of just forcing a Game 7. Derek Fisher's shot with 0.4 secs will have won the WCF for the Lakers. Over the years people forget about the details and just worry about the end result. Right, wrong or otherwise, that's usually the case.
I don't thinking that is entirely true.. I still hear the "if amare wasn't suspended the suns would have won" and not from fans.. From guys like Michael Wilbon... The people that don't want to forget won't forget...and there are a ton of those people... Especially whenever it involves a fake tough guy like Durant.
Old 06-15-17, 12:07 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
It wasn't much of a story because what was done was done and can't change that. Media members can't beat a dead horse for too long during the season until it's relevant like during GOAT, 50 best, MVPs, Best teams of all time type discussions. In those discussions, the * will be very apparent with what truly transpired and how Durant took the easier way to win in going to an absolutely stacked team that made him choke when he was up 3-1. No two ways about it. Obviously, he doesn't care about it and has reaped the benefits of not being under the spotlight as a true #2/3 player in the world. And that will continue to be his knock is that he won... .but with significant help and against a 'normal' superstars instinct to fight through adversity. And yes, I feel the same way about Lebron as well when he went to the Heat but at least he didn't go to the team who beat him and was a team that still needed work to win to some degree (not ex champs or best record of all time type of team).
Old 06-15-17, 03:58 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
I don't thinking that is entirely true.. I still hear the "if amare wasn't suspended the suns would have won" and not from fans.. From guys like Michael Wilbon... The people that don't want to forget won't forget...and there are a ton of those people... Especially whenever it involves a fake tough guy like Durant.
Agree with you regarding the notion that people that don't want to forget, won't forget. And most of those people are sore ass fans of teams other than the Warriors. There may be some ol' skool players who have/had a problem with it but long term it dies. Sore ass fans that would never root for the Cowboys as long as Jerry owns the team because of what he did to Tom Landry, for example. That's a personal issue and Jerry's NFL legacy is solid. It's a blip in history but most of those fans that felt that way are fans with agendas. A closer to home example is all the Phil Jackson asterisk talk about the '99 championship. That doesn't come up at all anymore and the legacies of Pop, Tim, etc are intact. Sore ass Knicks fans or whatever may bring it up but media members don't. Is it because the Spurs have had sustained success, absolutely! If KD and the Warriors never win another title, then it will be talked about. Not from the "gravy train" aspect but because they were stacked and on the perceived precipice of a dynastic type run. Now if the tarnished legacy argument is strictly from a fan perspective, then yes, I agree, there will always be some fans that will have a "hard on" for what KD did. My argument is more from how the media and/or NBA pundits view KD going forward. From that perspective, I just don't see his legacy being hurt at all.
Old 06-19-17, 03:25 PM
SpursReport Rookie

"If Durant didn't win finals mvp, Curry wold have. It really doesn't matter if Melo doesn't play D... They don't need him to with all that fire power... Surely you don't truly believe that melos average d is the deal Breaker .. Like surely you don't believe Horry was saying that Manu was hurt and didn't do what he was supposed to do with kobe LOL..."

I truly believe that they needed Durant's defense. Defense was a big part of what GS does. CLE's biggest problem was that they could not defend well.

Durant still won the MVP regardless of your "Curry would have won" LOL (But Curry did not correct?) so Durant was still a difference maker.

If Melo is on GS instead of Durant I see them struggling much more vs a healthy Spurs team (and possibly losing to said Spurs team.... They wouldn't lose to SA with Durant though IMO) and CLE and possibly even Houston.

You can say that Durant went to a 73 win team all you want but that was a 73 win team that did not win the Finals without him and then turned around and won it with him.

In regards to Horry.... My argument is that Ginobili did not do the scoring he needed to for the Spurs to win in 2008. The guy that wrote the article I provided had a different reason (defense on Kobe). I agree with you that Bowen was on Kobe most of the time. That was not the basis for my argument (although Gino did cover Kobe at times). My argument was that if you take your leading scorer for the season in 2008 and he scores single digits in 3 out of the 5 games because of injury you aren't winning and I believe that is what Horry was responding to originally when he said "You only got yours because" to Paul. I have been bringing up Gino (2008) for years because I truly believe he was the reason Spurs did not make it to Finals in 2008.

You still have yet to provide why you would think that 2006 is the year Horry was mentioning to Paul LOL. You can think what you want and I can think what I want but I at least backed it up with solid reasoning. There is no solid reasoning that Horry would say 'You only got yours Paul" for 2006 since Celts did not even come close to winning it all in 2006 LOL. Now, he may have thought about 2006 towards the rest of the convo when he said "I should have had 10 championships" but 2006 was not the basis for the argument that he started with LOL.
Old 06-19-17, 09:23 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
"If Durant didn't win finals mvp, Curry wold have. It really doesn't matter if Melo doesn't play D... They don't need him to with all that fire power... Surely you don't truly believe that melos average d is the deal Breaker .. Like surely you don't believe Horry was saying that Manu was hurt and didn't do what he was supposed to do with kobe LOL..."

I truly believe that they needed Durant's defense. Defense was a big part of what GS does. CLE's biggest problem was that they could not defend well.

Durant still won the MVP regardless of your "Curry would have won" LOL (But Curry did not correct?) so Durant was still a difference maker.

If Melo is on GS instead of Durant I see them struggling much more vs a healthy Spurs team (and possibly losing to said Spurs team.... They wouldn't lose to SA with Durant though IMO) and CLE and possibly even Houston.

You can say that Durant went to a 73 win team all you want but that was a 73 win team that did not win the Finals without him and then turned around and won it with him.

In regards to Horry.... My argument is that Ginobili did not do the scoring he needed to for the Spurs to win in 2008. The guy that wrote the article I provided had a different reason (defense on Kobe). I agree with you that Bowen was on Kobe most of the time. That was not the basis for my argument (although Gino did cover Kobe at times). My argument was that if you take your leading scorer for the season in 2008 and he scores single digits in 3 out of the 5 games because of injury you aren't winning and I believe that is what Horry was responding to originally when he said "You only got yours because" to Paul. I have been bringing up Gino (2008) for years because I truly believe he was the reason Spurs did not make it to Finals in 2008.

You still have yet to provide why you would think that 2006 is the year Horry was mentioning to Paul LOL. You can think what you want and I can think what I want but I at least backed it up with solid reasoning. There is no solid reasoning that Horry would say 'You only got yours Paul" for 2006 since Celts did not even come close to winning it all in 2006 LOL. Now, he may have thought about 2006 towards the rest of the convo when he said "I should have had 10 championships" but 2006 was not the basis for the argument that he started with LOL.
My reasoning.. Well it's common sense... Manu made some huge mental errors that cost us a series vs Dallas (mainly the unnecessary and 1 foul on dirk that the entire WORLD talked about) ... Again.. Robert isnt going to blame Manu for being injured LOL... Common sense.. You can believe you are providing solid reasoning... But its more like a ridiculous theory... Pretty sure you are the only person in this entire forum that thinks Robert was talking about manu lack of scoring due to injury.. And Robert saying "you got yours"... He isn't talking about a specific year.. Just saying he got his title bro...

Yes...a 73 win team with an injured curry who anyone with eyes and a brain could see he was not right... He was right prior to the playoffs... Thus they won 73 games.. I truly believe they didn't need KD at all.... Because they haven't in the past...and GS wouldn't lose to SA with Durant? Well they were getting punished prior to Kawhi going down.. And Durant looked flustered...

Imo they still win with Carmelo(all assuming Kawhi still gets injured) because they have won before with Klay curry and draymond... And again if curry was 100 and Dray wasn't an idiot.. They prob win back to back,.. Without KD... And correct curry did not win mvp.. He didn't need to... Pretty certain they wanted kd to take home the award..

Last edited by TimmyDthaWay2B; 06-19-17 at 09:26 PM.
Old 06-19-17, 10:26 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Take away any playoff teams #1 and #3 guy and see how they fair....the same as the Spurs. Quick exit!
Old 06-20-17, 04:37 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
My reasoning.. Well it's common sense... Manu made some huge mental errors that cost us a series vs Dallas (mainly the unnecessary and 1 foul on dirk that the entire WORLD talked about) ... Again.. Robert isnt going to blame Manu for being injured LOL... Common sense.. You can believe you are providing solid reasoning... But its more like a ridiculous theory... Pretty sure you are the only person in this entire forum that thinks Robert was talking about manu lack of scoring due to injury.. And Robert saying "you got yours"... He isn't talking about a specific year.. Just saying he got his title bro...

Yes...a 73 win team with an injured curry who anyone with eyes and a brain could see he was not right... He was right prior to the playoffs... Thus they won 73 games.. I truly believe they didn't need KD at all.... Because they haven't in the past...and GS wouldn't lose to SA with Durant? Well they were getting punished prior to Kawhi going down.. And Durant looked flustered...

Imo they still win with Carmelo(all assuming Kawhi still gets injured) because they have won before with Klay curry and draymond... And again if curry was 100 and Dray wasn't an idiot.. They prob win back to back,.. Without KD... And correct curry did not win mvp.. He didn't need to... Pretty certain they wanted kd to take home the award..
Again you dance around the Horry deal haha. Go back and listen to it again. Paul said Horry was lucky that MJ retired or he would only have 5 rings. Horry then goes on to say to Paul "You are lucky that you got yours because if Manu Ginobili did the things he was supposed to do".... Why would he bring up 2006 while telling Paul he was lucky to get his????? You still have not answered that question hahaha. listen to the 1:50 mark and then your common sense will kick in. So Paul was lucky he got his ring because of 2006 Ginobili??? that ties into Paul being lucky how exactly??? haha

Robert Horry called out Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili for no reason on ESPN | For The Win

as far as GS.... Losing Bogut and Barnes was a big loss to their defense. Durant helped make up for that. And when I say SA would not beat GS with Durant Im talking about in the whole series not just one game. Spurs would probably end up taking 1 or 2 games but not winning the series. And if you think they (SA) could win the series healthy like you stated above then obviously GS would need more than just Durant lol. You make no sense.
Old 06-20-17, 06:11 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Again you dance around the Horry deal haha. Go back and listen to it again. Paul said Horry was lucky that MJ retired or he would only have 5 rings. Horry then goes on to say to Paul "You are lucky that you got yours because if Manu Ginobili did the things he was supposed to do".... Why would he bring up 2006 while telling Paul he was lucky to get his????? You still have not answered that question hahaha. listen to the 1:50 mark and then your common sense will kick in. So Paul was lucky he got his ring because of 2006 Ginobili??? that ties into Paul being lucky how exactly??? haha

Robert Horry called out Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili for no reason on ESPN | For The Win

as far as GS.... Losing Bogut and Barnes was a big loss to their defense. Durant helped make up for that. And when I say SA would not beat GS with Durant Im talking about in the whole series not just one game. Spurs would probably end up taking 1 or 2 games but not winning the series. And if you think they (SA) could win the series healthy like you stated above then obviously GS would need more than just Durant lol. You make no sense.
Man.. You make no sense whatsoever...I'm not sure you even know what you are talking about.. We will have to agree to disagree..
Old 06-21-17, 04:36 PM
SpursReport Rookie

[quote=TimmyDthaWay2B;1326815]Man.. You make no sense whatsoever...I'm not sure you even know what you are talking about.. We will have to agree to disagree..[/.

Says the guy that said the 2006 Mavs/Spurs series was the WCF.
Old 06-21-17, 04:40 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

[quote=ibanezsr;1326838]
Quote:
Man.. You make no sense whatsoever...I'm not sure you even know what you are talking about.. We will have to agree to disagree..[/.

Says the guy that said the 2006 Mavs/Spurs series was the WCF.
I should have said finals..cause if we won that series... We win the title... But really that's all you got? Not surprising... Enjoy being the only one that thinks Horry was talking about Manu injured

BTW... If you want to quote me.. There is a little button at the bottom that says "quote".. You should try that sometime..
Old 06-21-17, 04:48 PM
SpursReport Rookie

[quote=TimmyDthaWay2B;1326840]
Quote:

I should have said finals..cause if we won that series... We win the title... But really that's all you got? Not surprising... Enjoy being the only one that thinks Horry was talking about Manu injured

BTW... If you want to quote me.. There is a little button at the bottom that says "quote".. You should try that sometime..
That's all I need.

And I will enjoy it, thanks!
Old 06-21-17, 08:51 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

[quote=ibanezsr;1326841]
Quote:

That's all I need.

And I will enjoy it, thanks!
Good job on the quote..
Old 06-22-17, 11:19 AM
SpursReport Rookie

[quote=TimmyDthaWay2B;1326846]
Quote:

Good job on the quote..
Thanks Dad!
Old 06-22-17, 11:45 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

[quote=ibanezsr;1326859]
Quote:

Thanks Dad!
YW daughter...
Old 06-22-17, 02:43 PM
SpursReport Rookie

[quote=TimmyDthaWay2B;1326861]
Quote:

YW daughter...
Dont call me daughter, not fit to
Old 06-22-17, 03:13 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

[quote=ibanezsr;1326866]
Quote:

Dont call me daughter, not fit to
Call you whatever I want...
Old 06-22-17, 03:55 PM
SpursReport Rookie

[quote=TimmyDthaWay2B;1326867]
Quote:

Call you whatever I want...
Its a lyric, genius

settle down
Old 06-22-17, 05:26 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

[quote=ibanezsr;1326868]
Quote:

Its a lyric, genius

settle down

Appreciate the compliment

Last edited by TimmyDthaWay2B; 06-22-17 at 06:46 PM.
Old 06-23-17, 09:47 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Take away any playoff teams #1 and #3 guy and see how they fair....the same as the Spurs. Quick exit!
Bingo...we have a winner!