News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 04-19-17, 08:23 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

"Take that for data!"

Take that 30k out of your bank. If he thinks that's going to help his team...he's sadly mistaken. One thing you don't do is show up the refs....especially in the playoffs. And a rookie coach at that, dumb move. Did he ever think that no one wants to watch the Grizzlies play anyone else in these playoffs?

Boring stuff. The league doesn't make money unless it's top billed teams. He let his emotions get the best of him...by that, he's not setting the example for his team. All he needed to say was, "We'll continue to fight and hopefully some of those calls start coming our way. But throwing Pops & the Spurs names in the rant sure as hell isn't going to help your cause.

Maybe he's still sour about the @$$ kickin' the Spurs laid on them in the finals?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-20-17, 10:41 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Lets just keep our eyes on the prize. Race for seis
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-20-17, 12:38 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

What's that Fizdale? Kawhi took too many free throws? Harden went 18 for 20 last night, even Westbrook took 18 ft....... TAKE THAT FOR DATA!

Last edited by necron 99; 04-20-17 at 12:43 PM.
Old 04-20-17, 02:43 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

History shows the Spurs are always #1 for not fouling... .Jazz known to be #30. Take that for data!
Old 04-20-17, 10:56 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

fizdale worked!

he aint gonna get rook'd!

spurs blown out like d-leaguers.
Old 04-20-17, 11:31 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan9 View Post
fizdale worked!

he aint gonna get rook'd!

spurs blown out like d-leaguers.
What happens when your leader doesn't show up to play.. This is why I don't think we have any shot at beating GS. Too many dissapearing acts... Aldridge has been on a season long one.
Old 04-21-17, 12:20 AM
SR Team Goof

Spurs lost their focus in that 2nd half. It looked like they were playing together for the first time. Inconsistency will put an early end to their season more than anything. I enjoyed watching the last 7 minutes with our bench players (Simmons, Anderson, Bertans. Murray, Dedmon) than the first 41 minutes with Pop's main rotation players. Memphis' playing heavy minutes with M.Gasol, Conley and Carter may cost them later.
Old 04-21-17, 09:23 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
Spurs lost their focus in that 2nd half. It looked like they were playing together for the first time. Inconsistency will put an early end to their season more than anything. I enjoyed watching the last 7 minutes with our bench players (Simmons, Anderson, Bertans. Murray, Dedmon) than the first 41 minutes with Pop's main rotation players. Memphis' playing heavy minutes with M.Gasol, Conley and Carter may cost them later.
I may be looking through rose colored glasses, but Murray is going to be a great basketball player . . . . maybe even next season when we decide not to pay Patty Mills.
Old 04-21-17, 11:00 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
I may be looking through rose colored glasses, but Murray is going to be a great basketball player . . . . maybe even next season when we decide not to pay Patty Mills.
At this point, not paying Patty and giving Murray those minutes doesn't seem like such a bad thing.
Old 04-21-17, 02:58 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Wanna shake things up...start the bench guys!
Old 04-21-17, 04:15 PM
SR Team Goof

Don't laugh but that thought may have crossed Pop's mind since the end of last night's game and now.
Old 04-22-17, 08:27 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I feel pretty certain that Aldridge isn't going to flip some switch and play up to his contract. With that being said, he has to go. I get that he probably won't, but get used to not being anything more than a good regular season team with his bloated contract.

Had Legarbage played even decent... We win...

Last edited by TimmyDthaWay2B; 04-22-17 at 10:04 PM.
Old 05-01-17, 01:10 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyDthaWay2B View Post
I feel pretty certain that Aldridge isn't going to flip some switch and play up to his contract. With that being said, he has to go. I get that he probably won't, but get used to not being anything more than a good regular season team with his bloated contract.

Had Legarbage played even decent... We win...
I am not certain what you think his role is now. The frontline for Memphis is obviously their strength. Marc Gasol played 8 minutes a game more than the regular season, but still averaged the same in points and rebounds (and that was with a monster game 1). If it weren't for him hitting almost 60% of his 3's it would have been significantly under.

Randolph played 8 minutes more per game and averaged less a point more than the regular season with the same number of rebounds shooting 42%

Aldridge was the only defender the Spurs had that could bang with them as Dedmon, Pau, and Lee did little to slow them down. So his offensive output was down, but that was not what the Spurs needed from him.
Old 05-01-17, 03:23 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttsR4rebounding View Post
I am not certain what you think his role is now. The frontline for Memphis is obviously their strength. Marc Gasol played 8 minutes a game more than the regular season, but still averaged the same in points and rebounds (and that was with a monster game 1). If it weren't for him hitting almost 60% of his 3's it would have been significantly under.

Randolph played 8 minutes more per game and averaged less a point more than the regular season with the same number of rebounds shooting 42%

Aldridge was the only defender the Spurs had that could bang with them as Dedmon, Pau, and Lee did little to slow them down. So his offensive output was down, but that was not what the Spurs needed from him.
Well, take a look at his contract and make a guess what his role is... I can tell you what it's not.. It isn't 14 pts, 7 rebounds in 37 minutes of play. Marc averaged 3 more minutes per game than Aldridge in round 1. Translated into 5 more pts per game and some pretty clutch shots... Randolph made considerably less than Aldridge this year and has lost a couple steps... Not even worth mentioning. Aldridge didn't have a great defensive series either.. A moment here and there maybe. Didn't even average 1 block per game. So don't act like Aldridge did anything to slow them down. The spurs needed him to be what they paid him to be... Will need him even more with Houston...

BTW... His offensive output isn't just down in the playoffs... It's been down all year.. Not some new development.

Last edited by TimmyDthaWay2B; 05-01-17 at 03:27 PM.
Old 05-01-17, 04:01 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Well, take a look at his contract and make a guess what his role is... I can tell you what it's not.. It isn't 14 pts, 7 rebounds in 37 minutes of play. Marc averaged 3 more minutes per game than Aldridge in round 1. Translated into 5 more pts per game and some pretty clutch shots... Randolph made considerably less than Aldridge this year and has lost a couple steps... Not even worth mentioning. Aldridge didn't have a great defensive series either.. A moment here and there maybe. Didn't even average 1 block per game. So don't act like Aldridge did anything to slow them down. The spurs needed him to be what they paid him to be... Will need him even more with Houston...

BTW... His offensive output isn't just down in the playoffs... It's been down all year.. Not some new development.
I guess you will never see any value in any player that doesn't score 50 billion points per game.
Old 05-01-17, 07:23 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
I guess you will never see any value in any player that doesn't score 50 billion points per game.
Bet you thought a long time about that LOL... 20-25 avg isn't too much to ask for 21+ million this yr. Then again, Aldridge could average 5 and 5 and you would find some reason he is some great contract... Some crap reason that doesn't make sense, but a reason.

UPDATE: we are at halftime and our 100 million dollar man has 4 pts, 2 rebounds and about 3 point blank misses.... I can promise you Aldridge role isnt to be a ghost out there.. But that's what he is getting paid for. Now even the talking heads are calling Aldridge out. While I'm ranting.. Danny Green might as well not even be on the court on offense, or defense for that matter..0-7 from 3. Enormous liability...

4 pts 6 rebs in 25 minutes... Apparently his role is to get paid to suck... I hope he picks it up the rest of the series. Probably won't matter though. We are just playing to see who gets destroyed by GS

Last edited by TimmyDthaWay2B; 05-02-17 at 05:28 PM.
Old 05-03-17, 10:43 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

if we are to have any chance to win, aldridgr needs to go deeeeeep on that bench, stashed well behind starters.
david lee is at least hustling as does dwayne dedmon w great effort and D. gasol isnt scared to score. they all can be in before. aldridge

but pop wont do it.
Old 05-03-17, 11:15 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

It's going to be Crash & Burn with these less than productive guys from here on out. The aforementioned players haven't stepped up yet. Like the old saying goes, "You can't just turn the switch on" in the playoffs. He might have been useless, but having Duncan around, in the locker room, huddles probably would have a significant effect on the team. You just can't replace or discount his voice. He's Pop's biggie-me!
Old 05-03-17, 12:34 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
It's going to be Crash & Burn with these less than productive guys from here on out. The aforementioned players haven't stepped up yet. Like the old saying goes, "You can't just turn the switch on" in the playoffs. He might have been useless, but having Duncan around, in the locker room, huddles probably would have a significant effect on the team. You just can't replace or discount his voice. He's Pop's biggie-me!
Saw Duncan was at spurs practice talking to Aldridge... Hopefully that does something for him tonight...doubtful... But I can be hopeful.
Old 05-03-17, 01:55 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Saw Duncan was at spurs practice talking to Aldridge... Hopefully that does something for him tonight...doubtful... But I can be hopeful.
Good...Cause Kawhi can't be the only consistently, consistent guy! All hands on deck needed.
Old 05-03-17, 03:56 PM
SR Team Goof

The team needs to come out focused with a mission to get this game and even this series 1-1. And Dedmon has to stow those 'rabbit' ears and not let guys like Beverly and Harden bait him and get him kicked out or draw techs.
Old 05-03-17, 05:28 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
The team needs to come out focused with a mission to get this game and even this series 1-1. And Dedmon has to stow those 'rabbit' ears and not let guys like Beverly and Harden bait him and get him kicked out or draw techs.
I turned the game off before half...But I'm guessing Dedmon wasn't the reason they got slaughtered. Just guessing here by previous performances by...what Shaq calls them (The Others).
Old 05-03-17, 05:35 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
Good...Cause Kawhi can't be the only consistently, consistent guy! All hands on deck needed.
Not even just those two. To beat Gs, would need Danny green to consistently hit wide open threes (almost everyone knows that is a pipe dream) need Mills to consistently hit the three... Probably would need the same Parker we had last series. Too many long shots in there..

This is sad but... Ryan Anderson>>Lamarcus Aldridge

Last edited by TimmyDthaWay2B; 05-03-17 at 10:02 PM.
Old 05-09-17, 09:40 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
I would be satisfied if Aldridge just hit 3 consecutive layups.. Dude is so soft.. Literally can't even back Harden down and score. Fades away like an idiot. I guess you guys are right.. I don't know what his role is supposed to be.. I thought it was a 20 ppg 10 rpg guy... Apparently his role is to play awful defense, miss layups and shy away from massive mismatches.. Bargain
Old 05-10-17, 01:08 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
I would be satisfied if Aldridge just hit 3 consecutive layups.. Dude is so soft.. Literally can't even back Harden down and score. Fades away like an idiot. I guess you guys are right.. I don't know what his role is supposed to be.. I thought it was a 20 ppg 10 rpg guy... Apparently his role is to play awful defense, miss layups and shy away from massive mismatches.. Bargain
I think he also has a leg or ankle issue to. Usually injuries only effect you on defense, not offense...at least that's what my coach use to say....LMAO!
Old 05-10-17, 05:28 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I thought I read somewhere that Aldridge has a knee issue? Injury or not, I'm tired of him.
Old 05-10-17, 08:08 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Spurs are always cautious with injury.. I don't buy it really. He has been underwhelming all year. Season long knee injury?
Old 05-10-17, 08:09 PM
SR Team Goof

I believe you're right, it's a knee problem. He was having it iced or heat applied on the bench during a recent game.
Old 05-11-17, 12:12 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Also has a heart problem.
Old 05-11-17, 12:33 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

He supposedly had the heart issue when he was in Portland where he averaged 24 and 10.

Last edited by TimmyDthaWay2B; 05-11-17 at 12:36 PM.
Old 05-11-17, 09:24 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Looked healthy in game 6. Will the real Lamarcus Aldridge please stand up.. And continue to stand..