News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 03-11-17, 10:51 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Aldridge Out Indefinately

I saw this on facebook - Go Spurs Go Memes, but I can't verify it anywhere.

It says,
The San Antonio Spurs today announced that forward Lamarcus Aldridge will be out for an indefinite period due to an occurrence of a minor heart arrhythmia. All parties have concluded that at the current time it is best for Aldridge to refrain from playing until further tests and examinations are complete. The Spurs will provide updates as appropriate.

https://www.facebook.com/GSGMemes/ph...type=3&theater
Old 03-11-17, 10:54 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

LaMarcus Aldridge will be out for an indefini? | HoopsHype
Old 03-11-17, 10:55 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

https://twitter.com/spurs/status/840602441242537985
Old 03-11-17, 11:17 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Opportunity for others to step up. Gasol back in the starting lineup probably. Lee needs to continue to play good ball. LA hasn't looked right so hopefully some rest will do him some good. More than anything let's hope he will receive a clean bill of health for his life after basketball.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-11-17, 11:39 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

If he can't return, isn't there a injury exception or something where the Spurs can get a set amount of money to sign a free agent?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-12-17, 01:20 AM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
If he can't return, isn't there a injury exception or something where the Spurs can get a set amount of money to sign a free agent?
I think you're right that some kind of medical exception could be approved by the league should Aldridge not return to basketball or be out indefinitely, kind of like Chris Bosh but that would occur during the off season, correct?

Old 03-12-17, 08:30 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Oh yeah...and totally off subject, kind of disappointed the fans last night booing David West..a guy who gave up about 9 million dollars to try and help the Spurs get a ring. Cause when it boils down to it a championship ring is not 9 million no matter how you slice it. Especially if you're not a key person. Money provided, rings collect dust. Just thought those actions were tasteless.
Old 03-12-17, 09:58 AM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Oh yeah...and totally off subject, kind of disappointed the fans last night booing David West..a guy who gave up about 9 million dollars to try and help the Spurs get a ring. Cause when it boils down to it a championship ring is not 9 million no matter how you slice it. Especially if you're not a key person. Money provided, rings collect dust. Just thought those actions were tasteless.
Yeah, I was at the game and also recorded it and the boos were much louder at the game than what was picked up on the ABC station. I had completely forgot that the Warriors had picked him up and I was also surprised they also had Matt Barnes -- I thought he was with the Kings earlier this season. And why is it that the virtually unknowns, like the Warriors Clark, have their career games against the Spurs (36 points) --- I always thought we're supposed to be the best defensive team in the league.

Old 03-12-17, 10:58 AM
SR Team Goof

Aldridge began feeling symptoms again during Thursday’s loss at Oklahoma City, coach Gregg Popovich said. Though Aldridge’s latest incident is suspected to be related to those previous episodes, Spurs officials said it was too early to know for sure. Aldridge is expected to undergo further testing Monday. “Based on what they do and see, we’ll know better what we are really looking at,” coach Gregg Popovich said. “But we don’t know right now.”

LaMarcus Aldridge has been ruled out indefinitely after an occurrence of a minor heart arrhythmia, the team announced. The news stunned Aldridge’s teammates, who were already preparing to face the Warriors without leading scorer Kawhi Leonard, who is unavailable until he completes the NBA’s concussion protocol. “It’s a sensitive issue,” Ginobili said of Aldridge’s condition. “We want to make sure he is fine, so they are running some tests. The most important thing is to have him healthy. We will wait as long as necessary to make sure.”

Link to article: San Antonio Spurs Rumors | team | HoopsHype
Old 03-12-17, 03:04 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I just hope LA gets well soon for his Family.
Old 03-13-17, 01:48 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I did not pick up on the booing in the broadcast. Sad, Sad, Sad, West put his money where his mouth is. Man, I could have bought a lot of burritos for $9 million!!
Old 03-13-17, 04:49 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Can the spurs sign Luis scola or bring back Duncan if LA can't play?
Old 03-13-17, 05:50 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spursfan808 View Post
Can the spurs sign Luis scola or bring back Duncan if LA can't play?
Doubt it...But I see the Cleveland Lebrons signed Larry Sanders. Maybe he'll smoke too much chronic and forget where to go!
Old 03-14-17, 08:51 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

one of the articles said he had wpw wolf parkinson white syndrome and this was his irreg heart rate issue twice in the past. if they find it again they may try to ablate it again.
it usually doesnt cause
"irregular rhythm" tho, so i worry its a-fib. which could be a bigger
problem. but if hes otherwise
healthy they could ablate this as well, and he cud get away w jst takig a daily aspirin.

lets see
Old 03-15-17, 11:14 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Heeeees baaaack. Glad he is ok. Eligible to play tonight
Old 03-15-17, 02:59 PM
SR Team Goof

COOL BEANs, brother.
Old 03-16-17, 11:12 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

aldridge out, spurs take over 1st place after going on win streak.

aldridge back
spurs lose. lost 1st place seed.

Old 03-16-17, 01:41 PM
SR Team Goof

And here I thought we lost because I forgot to wear my 'Say it Loud' Spurs t-shirt to the game last night. Well, you win some, you lose some.
Old 03-18-17, 10:42 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
And here I thought we lost because I forgot to wear my 'Say it Loud' Spurs t-shirt to the game last night. Well, you win some, you lose some.
And keep losing some. Lose the 1 seed. Losing games they should be winning.. Portland and Memphis... Come on man.
Old 03-19-17, 06:46 AM
SR Team Goof

We lost the Memphis game because I fell asleep on the couch.
Old 03-19-17, 08:23 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Time is ticking on Tony. He's looked pretty bad the past few weeks. I think they missed out on the trade deadline and the waiver wire. Some guys looked burned out.
Old 03-19-17, 09:22 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Time is ticking on Tony. He's looked pretty bad the past few weeks. I think they missed out on the trade deadline and the waiver wire. Some guys looked burned out.
Time has already run out for Tony. I know some people got excited when he had his little 3 game stretch, but that time is over. I love Parker for everything he means to those organization.. But he is nothing more than a coach at this point. The person we should have tried to trade is Aldridge. Waste of 20 million per.
Old 03-19-17, 11:43 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyDthaWay2B View Post
Time has already run out for Tony. I know some people got excited when he had his little 3 game stretch, but that time is over. I love Parker for everything he means to those organization.. But he is nothing more than a coach at this point. The person we should have tried to trade is Aldridge. Waste of 20 million per.
I would of tried for Paul Milsap.
Old 03-19-17, 12:09 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
I would of tried for Paul Milsap.
Agreed.
Old 03-19-17, 02:23 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyDthaWay2B View Post
Agreed.
And if he didn't resign, at least we'd have cap space to pursue someone else. Cause Gasol is not giving up that guaranteed money. So I'm guessing they're going to be strapped for cash, especially if Dedmon wants more money and Lee doesn't accept his pennies on a dollar contract for next year.