News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 01-22-17, 11:01 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Dejounte Murray

I am excited about this guy. Once he puts the pieces together, he could be a star. He has a tendency to get a little out of control, but that's expected with a 20 year old. I love his confidence though. . Another potential draft day steal.
Old 01-22-17, 11:19 AM
SR Team Goof

He is something special to look forward to. If TP decides to play for another year or two, Murray will have to play the #2 because you can't keep energy like his on the bench for long. But if Parker's body starts failing him from time to time, Tony might think it's time to give the body a rest and join Manu and Timmy on the sidelines and watch the next generation. The idea of Dejounte and Kawhi wearing the silver and black for the next couple years is exciing, along with the young crew we have. Now what we need is a young stud of a center to complete the trio.
Old 01-22-17, 02:25 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
He is something special to look forward to. If TP decides to play for another year or two, Murray will have to play the #2 because you can't keep energy like his on the bench for long. But if Parker's body starts failing him from time to time, Tony might think it's time to give the body a rest and join Manu and Timmy on the sidelines and watch the next generation. The idea of Dejounte and Kawhi wearing the silver and black for the next couple years is exciing, along with the young crew we have. Now what we need is a young stud of a center to complete the trio.
Maybe Dedmon will step up!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-30-17, 04:39 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Murray should tell Slow-mo to put a hit on tony parker so he can get more playtime.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-07-17, 05:59 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Distant memory now... The youth moment is put on hold while Parker slugs around out there. ��
Old 02-07-17, 08:48 AM
SR Team Goof

You can't come in off the bench and play fast and loose against a team like Memphis. He'll probably be sent to Austin after the Spurs finish in Orlando in time for the all-star break. He needs much more seasoning.
Old 02-07-17, 09:06 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

No seasoning like being thrown right into the fire..Either way, I'll take anything over TP right now.
Old 02-09-17, 12:49 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
As far as the center goes I believe the Spurs are hitching their wagon to Dedmon. He will likely be the priority re-signing this summer. Dedmon did not play organized basketball until his Senior year of HS because of his religion. 4 years of college, 3 at USC and 3 years and basically 3 years at Orlando under 2 different coaches. I think the Spurs are of the opinion that he can develop more than typical 27 year-old with consistent coaching. He already rebounds at an elite level--13.4 per 36 this year. He has good form on his jumper and with the magic fingers of Chip should only improve there. He obviously is an excellent finisher at the rim. Coaching him to avoid fouls will yield huge dividends. With the dearth of quality centers in the league it would be a real roll of the dice to think that the Spurs would end up with someone better than Dedmon. By the end of next season he will be starting over Pau.
Old 02-10-17, 09:57 AM
Coach Hammons Water Boy

Dedmon is a beast right now, and was the best addition to the roster with David Lee right behind. Solid signings with much more to improvement to come. I love both of their games, intensity and passion to win. Parker has a much different role than ever before, and much like Timmy changed his game for Manu and Tony, he is in the same situation. He runs the offense in a different situation than ever before and still manages to be efficient. His assist/turnover ratio is excellent at #6 in the league with a 3.33. You need a guy like him to command the sets and keep the defense honest. He can still score when he needs to. Impressive thing to watch is most teams do not ever double team Kawhi or Lamarcus. That's simply because of the ball movement and knowing they can get burned by the Tarheel triple or a mid-range Gasol shot, and of course TP going into the lane or finding his patent elbow jumper. IMO Mills is the liability. His size and assist ratio is at 24 with a 2.52. He is a shooter and struggles to play the PG position. Murray would feast in those minutes, so I see a transition happening soon and Mills on the way out. With the right package, we could get something really good.
I said this about Parker back prior to his contract that we should have let him go since he was at his peak and we wouldn't have felt so compelled to keep him just to hang his number up with the other Spurs greats. But we kept him and now we have him till death..lol...Mills is now in that situation, so let him go now while he is desirable and our exchange will be really good.