News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 08-30-14, 09:13 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Ray Allen... Serious?

Don't we enough guards? I'd rather have Carlos Delfino when the Buck cut him.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-30-14, 09:39 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Just read about it too. I think it's just a feeler. If Delfino can't be healthy, I'd take Jesus

- Confucius
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-30-14, 10:44 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Ray could stay at Bruce Bowen's house.
Old 08-30-14, 11:24 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Come on, didn't we have the exact feeling about Robert horry? I'd say take him, just for insurance and to deny Lebron
Old 08-30-14, 11:36 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyAdamII View Post
Come on, didn't we have the exact feeling about Robert horry? I'd say take him, just for insurance and to deny Lebron
I say the same thing, cause anyone associated with Lebron will usually sign with his team for a large pizza and no toppings! And the chance to play with his old coach, new cool owner and California sun.... No way in hell he comes to the Spurs!
Old 08-30-14, 02:23 PM
The Master Baiter

I'm sure it's to make the Clippers and/or Cavs pay more for him. Throwing another contender in the mix will make the others think they better up the ante so he doesn't go there. I really don't think Ray Allen can handle Pop's coaching style anyway.
Old 08-30-14, 03:19 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

We are going to have to get a longer bench?
Old 08-30-14, 06:20 PM
SR Team Goof

If ol Ray is serious about retirement, he can test those waters until Feb-Mar timeframe to see if hes comfortable kicking back and doing nothing or he could then have his agent drop a hint to the league hes available for the home stretch run and latch on to one the leagues frontrunners. Since he already has a couple championship rings, all thats left is whether he has the desire to play. But I do love the comment about Allen staying with Bowen --- priceless!!
Old 08-30-14, 06:47 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I, for one, would take Ray. Yes, I'd rather have a SF. I also would rather re-sign Baynes. BUT Ray can play Patty Mills' role until he comes back. Ray could also fill in case Manu or Mario were to get injured.

Still, it is probably one of those things were the Spurs name is just thrown into the hat.
Old 08-30-14, 07:45 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Yes to ray Allen, especially since patty is out, we need another shooter in the backcourt. HOF player...I'll take it. Still hate him from last year but he would redeem himself if we won one more lol
Old 08-30-14, 09:56 PM
SpursReport Team Member

As much as I hate Ray Allen, I'd take him and Baynes over Ayres and Daye. Heck, I'd even take Ayon and JayMichael Green over those 2.

S
Old 08-31-14, 09:15 PM
SpursReport Rookie

i guess,.. the fact that were talking about signing Ray Allen on this board, means we have NO shot of signing him
Old 09-01-14, 06:55 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orly View Post
i guess,.. the fact that were talking about signing Ray Allen on this board, means we have NO shot of signing him
Exactly!

Old 09-01-14, 11:38 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orly View Post
True.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 09-02-14, 03:48 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Aside from the will he or won't he?

as a philosophical debate, would Spurs fans welcome him?
Old 09-02-14, 04:33 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyAdamII View Post
Aside from the will he or won't he?

as a philosophical debate, would Spurs fans welcome him?
The philosophical debate would be over when he hit his first 3 point shot.
Old 09-05-14, 03:22 AM
SpursReport Team Member

4 years ago this would have been awesome news, but considering we already have a **** ton of players at that position i dont see a point. Right now danny green is a better player than allen.