News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 08-25-14, 02:28 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Hakim Warrick working out w/Spurs?

Is that because we might be losing Baynes to overseas team? WTH... we need his big body. Plus I don't know if Hakim has anything left. Thoughts?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-25-14, 05:12 PM
SR Team Goof

As soon as there was mention that Baynes was weighing his overseas options before committing to the Spurs, I was wondering if someone would pop up on the Spurs radar for consideration, or in Warrick's situation, a workout. I haven't heard anything more specific than that but time will tell. Warrick has at times played well against us but at this time, I wouldn't put him ahead of anybody else on the squad unless I see him working with the crew. You never can tell, a change in scenery and a different team and ethics, we might have a shining star about to glow. And it could be a coin toss too.
Old 08-25-14, 05:21 PM
SR Team Goof

I just read an article that Emeka Okafor is garnering a lot of heavy interest this summer as a free agent. Again, with Baynes doing the two step, I wonder if the Spurs are among those interested in Okafor, for a reasonable price. Granted, he sat out most, if not all of last season, could be injury issues, but what the hey, if he's healthy at some point in the season, he could lend a helping hand, much like the 10 day contracts the Spurs bring in for auditions during the early spring.
Old 08-25-14, 07:08 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
I just read an article that Emeka Okafor is garnering a lot of heavy interest this summer as a free agent. Again, with Baynes doing the two step, I wonder if the Spurs are among those interested in Okafor, for a reasonable price. Granted, he sat out most, if not all of last season, could be injury issues, but what the hey, if he's healthy at some point in the season, he could lend a helping hand, much like the 10 day contracts the Spurs bring in for auditions during the early spring.
Can you guess who the first team mentioned about his services? Yep... Mia... I mean Cleveland! So you can chalked that up to a loss! Unless his favorite childhood player can talk him into coming aboard.... Yes, Big Dave. That's why Omeka wears #50.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-25-14, 07:18 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Warrick can't shoot and isn't a big body either. Pass
Old 08-25-14, 08:21 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

This is likely about bodies for training camp. He might not even get an invite. Maybe his manager is getting a favor because he manages one of the Spurs.
Old 08-26-14, 02:59 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I actually would like it if the Spurs could touch base with Brand and see if he would be good to go one more year. Definitely a nice addition in small spurts!
Old 08-26-14, 04:43 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by montgod View Post
I actually would like it if the Spurs could touch base with Brand and see if he would be good to go one more year. Definitely a nice addition in small spurts!
Brand was a good offensive rebounder in his day. If he still has any gas left in the tank, for short spurts as you say, I wouldn't mind either. Pop does like veterans coming off the bench.

Old 08-26-14, 08:24 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
Brand was a good offensive rebounder in his day. If he still has any gas left in the tank, for short spurts as you say, I wouldn't mind either. Pop does like veterans coming off the bench.

He actually did some work last year when everyone was hurt on the Hawks. He definitely has a year left and can provide some nice defense and offense with limited minutes.
Old 08-26-14, 09:40 PM
Herman Cain of the board

I wouldn't mind Brand. He can still block shots
Old 08-27-14, 10:32 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

The Spurs Also just signed Josh Davis, a tweener 4 out of SDSU (alma mater of Kawhi Leonard). This makes me think they may not be sold on Austin Daye, when they have 3 other players seemingly coming into camp at that very same position. These players seem to be similar in their ability to block shots, and use their athleticism to cut in for dunks and run the floor. I'm starting to think Daye may not make the 12 man roster.
Old 08-27-14, 10:47 AM
SR Team Goof

Davis is not a bad ballplayer. I saw him play during March Madness and he showed he could ball. But the SDSU alum that I wished the Spurs would have held on to was Malcolm Thomas. As for the added training camp fodder, Daye needs to be pushed. He’s been in the pros for over 5 years now and hasn’t achieved his full potential and hitting the occasional 3 pointer ain’t going to do it. Granted, he hasn’t had that much PT but he just hasn’t demonstrated that he deserves more PT. The summer leagues should have been his opportunity to shine but his performance was severely lacking, as was Ayres’ performance, in my opinion. I think the Spurs upcoming training camp may be Daye’s last proving ground for the silver and black.
Old 08-27-14, 11:04 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
as was Ayres’ performance, in my opinion. I think the Spurs upcoming training camp may be Daye’s last proving ground for the silver and black.
yeah I was thinking, after Tim, Tiago, do we have Ayers and Boris to come off the bench? I wouldn't be shocked if Daye and Ayres might be moved, or dropped during camp.
Old 08-27-14, 01:11 PM
Herman Cain of the board

I'd rather keep Daye over Ayres but would like to package both honestly. Rather have Baynes over Ayres or Elton Brand instead of those two. I was not a fan of Daye before he got to SA. His summer league wasn't great but wasn't horrible to me either. He shoots a lot better than I thought he could before he got here. I would like to have a tony allen-trevor Ariza type off the bench. Also a shot blocker center. All the above mentioned have some skills but I would like more wing defense and shot blocking added to the roster. Spurs have shooters. They have big bodies. They could use some help on the items I mentioned.
Old 08-27-14, 01:14 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Also to mention sometimes they bring in competition to push these guys. With Mills injured....I would like to think Bryce Cotton has a shot. He is small but impressed me in the Vegas league.
Old 08-27-14, 01:31 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Shot blocking? Hasheem thabeet might get cut by the sixers
Old 08-28-14, 12:24 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyAdamII View Post
Shot blocking? Hasheem thabeet might get cut by the sixers
Hmmmmm. Pass! Lol
Old 08-28-14, 12:35 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I was watching a youtube hilight mix of Thabeet, you know to talk myself into acquiring him, and I had no idea he played in Portland and Houston!!!!

he will never be good.