News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-14, 02:13 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Am I the only one who thinks Patty Mills' Game 5 performance was legendary?

I get so many chills when I watch the highlights of game 5 in the 2014 NBA Finals. Patty Mills' performance (especially in the 3rd quarter) was nothing short of spectacular. The way he would drive to the lane without hesitation, even with LeBron guarding him was inspiring. And he was the textbook definition of a 3-point machine.

Patty Mills earned a loyal fan this summer in me. Patty will forever hold a special place in the hearts of true Spurs fans, and will always be remembered for the way he electrified the AT&T center in the 2014 NBA Finals. His selfless teamwork and dedication to something bigger than himself makes him an outstanding role player and young leader for this amazing basketball organization.

Honestly, I hope Patty Mills stays a Spur for life.
Old 08-10-14, 01:04 PM
SpursReport Rookie

agree !00%, he is not speedy clayton, he is better, he is not gary neal,Mills is much better, the best back up point guard we ever had in my estimations
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-10-14, 01:53 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I agree, I just hope he doesn't get complacent with 1 ring. I want him to keep pushing to be better. He may be one of the best backup scoring guards in the league.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-10-14, 05:56 PM
The Master Baiter

I'm very happy he stayed. That shoulder injury may have been a blessing in disguise, because he would have been offered more from another team for a starting role. But as good as Mills is, he's one of those players that would not do well as a full starter. His bread and butter is to come in and shoot whenever he can. It throws the opposing defenses off a little, and he can also shoot while contested. He's perfect for the Spurs right now. A team cannot have their starting point guard do the same thing, at least, in the playoffs.
Old 08-10-14, 08:23 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I already had an existing bias as I saw him do it for Australia at the last olympics, but yes it showed the work he put in paid off and I am very interested to see the Doc about him that was filmed through the playoffs and subsequent celebrations.

He currently is getting around Oz and as much footy as he can before he goes back.
Old 08-10-14, 11:44 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I was at game 5 and he had everyone going nuts in the 2nd half. Amazing performance on the biggest stage. He could do without the flopping though. That's really the only black mark on his game 5 performance.
Old 08-11-14, 07:32 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Legendary? not really, I think he has many more of these performances left.
Old 08-12-14, 11:24 AM
SR Team Goof

If there is such a thing as a 'pure shooter', Patty would have to qualify. If you've ever noticed that the majority of his made shots are swishes which are dead center in that rim. And not only is he a deadeye from outside, his defense has vastly improved too to where he is a pain-in-the-a$$ to opponents. Impressive guy and I'm glad the Spurs decided to go get him when he was available and eventually resign him.
Old 08-12-14, 03:09 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Legendary??? Not hardly. A good performance but wouldn't put it in the class of Magic's 1980 performance or Jerry West in '69 or several of Jordan's performances or Tim's damn near quadruple double in Game 6 in 2003. Patty played well but let's not over exaggerate it.
Old 08-13-14, 04:05 PM
SpursReport Team Member

It was definitely one of his biggest performances as a member of the Spurs, but I do see many more of these in his future.

Old 08-13-14, 04:57 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackc852 View Post
.... but I do see many more of these in his future.
I hope you have excellent vision.

Old 08-14-14, 03:33 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
It was definitely one of his biggest performances as a member of the Spurs, but I do see many more of these in his future.
I agree, I believe we haven't seen anything yet.
Old 08-14-14, 04:30 PM
SR Team Goof

Jackc and Clovis, I hope you're both right. I just love watching Patty shoot.
Old 08-14-14, 04:30 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
I hope you have excellent vision.

20/20!

Old 08-14-14, 04:33 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
20/20!
Hallelujah, brother!

Old 08-16-14, 09:25 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

Patty was just terrific in that game 5 as many of the other Spurs also were.

Manu was a throwback to the Nets series when we were again trailing in game 6 and he came in and stole the ball from Jefferson and dunked and the onslaught was on from there on.
Old 08-18-14, 08:37 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Awesome, yes. Legendary, I don't know. Steve Kerr in Game 6 of the 03 series against the Mavs, now that was legendary.
Old 08-21-14, 07:17 PM
Play-By-Play Moderator

His 3rd quarter was legendary.
Old 08-21-14, 08:03 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izriel View Post
I agree, I just hope he doesn't get complacent with 1 ring. I want him to keep pushing to be better. He may be one of the best backup scoring guards in the league.

Hope you're right. I get visions of Jaren Jackson in '99. Had a great playoffs, got rich and fat and ate himself out of the league.
Old 08-22-14, 09:58 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob in Converse View Post

Hope you're right. I get visions of Jaren Jackson in '99. Had a great playoffs, got rich and fat and ate himself out of the league.
I thought of Jackson too when I first saw this thread, but Jackson also never displayed that fire that Patty did. I don't remember him really being in shape during that title run either, everything just worked out for him.

Old 08-26-14, 10:19 AM
Official SR Home Builder

Old 08-26-14, 10:23 AM
The Master Baiter

I could watch that 20 times and never get tired of it. I forgot that Miami got off to such a quick start.
Old 08-26-14, 01:59 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I'm only half way through that video and the rush of emotion is coming back in a big way!

Old 08-26-14, 03:29 PM
Official SR Home Builder

Our first lead was at 04:47 in the second qtr. from a Kawhi 3 ptr.
Old 08-26-14, 04:53 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
I could watch that 20 times and never get tired of it. I forgot that Miami got off to such a quick start.
I think my wife and I have watched it over 20 times. I kept all 5 games on the DVR and we watch one of the games when we don't find anything in the cable scheduling that satisfies us at the time. I still come off the couch after a good play and get chills watching how they steamrolled the Heat. I've thoroughly enjoyed this off season time and can't wait for the 2014-15 season to start. The silver and black rule!

Old 08-26-14, 05:31 PM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
I think my wife and I have watched it over 20 times. I kept all 5 games on the DVR and we watch one of the games when we don't find anything in the cable scheduling that satisfies us at the time. I still come off the couch after a good play and get chills watching how they steamrolled the Heat. I've thoroughly enjoyed this off season time and can't wait for the 2014-15 season to start. The silver and black rule!

I had all 5 too, until AT&T's equipment went bad and I had to format my DVR. I wish I could get those back. Funny story, out of superstition I kept all the games from the 2013 Finals until they won this year. I promptly deleted them after game 5.