News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 08-06-14, 07:04 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Spurs Sign JaMychal Green

I'm glad. I may have been more impressed with him in summer league than anyone.

The San Antonio Spurs today announced that they have signed forward JaMychal Green. Per club policy, terms of the contract were not announced.

Green, 6-8/230, was a member of the Spurs 2014 Summer League team in Las Vegas. In six games he averaged 7.8 points and 6.5 rebounds in 16.2 minutes.

The Montgomery, Ala. native last season playing in the French Pro A League for Roanne, averaging 11.8 points and 6.6 rebounds in 22.1 minutes in 25 games while shooting .530 (122-230) from the field.
Green spent the 2012-13 season with the Austin Toros of the NBA Development League, averaging 12.3 points, 8.1 rebounds and 1.4 assists in 40 games.

An undrafted forward out of Alabama, Green averaged 14.0 points, 7.4 rebounds and 1.5 blocks his final season for the Crimson Tide en route to being named All-SEC First Team in 2012.

Spurs Sign JaMychal Green | San Antonio Spurs
Old 08-07-14, 05:44 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

So I guess that leaves Aron Baynes out, that's too bad, I really liked what I saw from him, especially against Dwight Howard.
Old 08-07-14, 06:05 PM
Herman Cain of the board

They still have the Q.O on him so he can take that I'm sure unless the Spurs pulled it?????
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-07-14, 07:29 PM
The Master Baiter

Well he has the trophy in Australia, so he can hold that hostage until they sign him.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-07-14, 09:34 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by necron 99 View Post
So I guess that leaves Aron Baynes out, that's too bad, I really liked what I saw from him, especially against Dwight Howard.
No. It's a Bryce Cotton type contract. Green has to prove in training camp that he is more valuable to the team than Ayres or Daye. Apparently Udoka thinks he has a good shot at it but now the candidates fall under the scrutiny of Pop in training camp. I also think that he has a shot at it because he has the lateral quickness on the perimeter and the athletic hustle in the paint that neither Ayres nor Daye have. JaMychal just needs some fundamentals and shooting tuneup. Baynes is still clear to sign if he wants. The longer Aron holds out until training camp, the better his chances of a higher contract offer to negotiate with. It's going to be an interesting preseason.

Last edited by Spurd_On; 08-07-14 at 09:48 PM.