News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 07-23-14, 07:27 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Casspi released. Take a look?

Spurs were interested in him in the past. If we can't get a big why not take a look at him. Could work well in Spurs system.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-23-14, 07:34 PM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

I've always thought he'd be a good fit, but the word seems to be that he wants to go back to Sacto and they want him.
Old 07-23-14, 07:40 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Bi-annual only.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-23-14, 11:35 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Please dump Ayers, sign this guy and Baynes....summer complete!
Old 07-24-14, 09:53 AM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

We don't need to dump Ayres. We have a shortage of true big men.
Old 07-24-14, 09:58 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Casspi might be a Daye clone?
Old 07-24-14, 10:14 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Old 07-24-14, 11:25 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
We don't need to dump Ayres. We have a shortage of true big men.
That's true but I'd rather have Baynes over Ayres easily. Ayres isn't worth his contract and his play warrants league minimum at the most!
Old 07-24-14, 11:37 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
That's true but I'd rather have Baynes over Ayres easily. Ayres isn't worth his contract and his play warrants league minimum at the most!
Well I don't know what the hell they see in Ayres, but it looks like they've bombed on this one. Unless he's just suppose to be a enforcer, 6 foul getter or practice fodder. Those hands just scare me.

I remember in high school football, if you had bad hands and fumbled a lot, you'd have to carry the ball with you all day and try not to get it knocked out of your hands by teammates, or else. Maybe Jeff needs to have balls thrown at him from every direction.

Maybe a team game of dodgeball, something. But I'd take Baynes all day. I still wish someone could find Tyrus Thomas.
Old 07-24-14, 03:44 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Although I'm not a huge fan of Casspi's game, considering our lack of SF depth, at the vet min, it's not the worst idea.
Old 07-24-14, 03:46 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
Well I don't know what the hell they see in Ayres, but it looks like they've bombed on this one. Unless he's just suppose to be a enforcer, 6 foul getter or practice fodder. Those hands just scare me.

I remember in high school football, if you had bad hands and fumbled a lot, you'd have to carry the ball with you all day and try not to get it knocked out of your hands by teammates, or else. Maybe Jeff needs to have balls thrown at him from every direction.

Maybe a team game of dodgeball, something. But I'd take Baynes all day. I still wish someone could find Tyrus Thomas.
I wish I was better at photoshop so I could make a "Where's Tyrus Thomas" pic in the style of "Where's Waldo"

Weren't the Spurs interested in him at one point?
Old 07-24-14, 05:07 PM
SpursReport Rookie

This guy sucks, no way he is our solution to a back up SF.
Old 07-24-14, 08:17 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post

I called the Spurs out when they signed him to his deal. Shocked! maybe they can trade him.....
Old 07-25-14, 07:59 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
I called the Spurs out when they signed him to his deal. Shocked! maybe they can trade him.....
Even if we did trade/release him, I don't know what's left out there to add that would be a upgrade or help....as far as a big body?
Old 07-26-14, 01:04 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Per Rotoworld.

Omri Casspi is finalizing a one-year contract with the Kings after clearing waivers on Friday.