News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
  #1  
Old 07-14-14, 04:49 PM
MRJONESIII's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,263
How bout Anthony Randolph if waived?

Seems like a long, athletic guy that could replace Daye. Rumors he might get waived from Chicago. As long as it's the same Randolph from Denver last year.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-14-14, 05:07 PM
tbp82's Avatar
SpursReport Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 78

I posted about this in your other thread but he's been traded to Orlando and the Magic are expected to waive him. He's was a good prospect and at the price hed be getting its worth it just to get a look at him.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-14-14, 05:43 PM
grizzly_bexar's Avatar
Carne de res ipsa loquitur
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 9,528

He has potential, but then again he's going on how many years now of "potential." Same deal as Daye. Worth a look.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-14-14, 05:49 PM
MRJONESIII's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,263

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbp82 View Post
I posted about this in your other thread but he's been traded to Orlando and the Magic are expected to waive him. He's was a good prospect and at the price hed be getting its worth it just to get a look at him.
Yeah, I saw that after the fact. Something tells me either he's not getting the play time, not putting in the work... Kinda like McGee from the Nuggets. He was under George Karl. He didn't much care for McGee's shot selection and antics, maybe Randolph feel in that category.

He'd might be worth a Matt Bonner like contact with a 2nd year team option. Is still take World Peace and his crazy @ss to back up Kawhi.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-14-14, 05:53 PM
grizzly_bexar's Avatar
Carne de res ipsa loquitur
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 9,528

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
Yeah, I saw that after the fact. Something tells me either he's not getting the play time, not putting in the work... Kinda like McGee from the Nuggets. He was under George Karl. He didn't much care for McGee's shot selection and antics, maybe Randolph feel in that category.

He'd might be worth a Matt Bonner like contact with a 2nd year team option. Is still take World Peace and his crazy @ss to back up Kawhi.
No! Not MWP! That would only end in an ESPN documentary about how he not only derailed the Spurs' effort to finally repeat as champions, but broke up the big 3 and destroyed the franchise.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-14-14, 06:03 PM
mckennaspur1's Avatar
SpursReport Team Captain
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: nyc
Posts: 6,170

I've been hearing about Randolph for years and he's been unable to stick anywhere.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-14-14, 06:06 PM
alh1020's Avatar
SR Team Goof
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Right here
Posts: 4,958

I wouldn't be too quick to jump out at every player that's waived. We got our core of players back and it doesn't seem the other teams in the West are improved all that much so I think we can afford to sit and wait until a quality player becomes available. I'm thinking we will probably waive a player or two ourselves to free up some roster space. And we have the NLE to fall back on so I recommend let's play the hand we got until that ace in the hole shows up. I'm thinking we know him when he becomes available. We got plenty of time.
__________________
"If you ever fall, I'll be there." ---the Floor
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-14-14, 06:21 PM
tbp82's Avatar
SpursReport Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 78

Don't jump on every guy that's waived but to get a a 6'10 athletic player with potential for dirt cheap you'd have to consider it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-14-14, 06:25 PM
old timer's Avatar
The Eternal Optimist
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: caldwell, tx
Posts: 2,126

Actually, the Spurs have improved as much as anyone in the west. TD is in a holding pattern with father time. Many and Tony seem to be working on their health issue. Kwai appears to still be improving. Diaw is just starting to really feel comfortable within the system and Tiago is finally just playing and reacting without lover thinking. Patty and Marco appear to be settling in very well. Corey may just be ready for a breakout season. Ayers, ??? Haynes, if he returns seems ready for some outstanding spot duty. Bonner, well he is Bonner. So, seems like little, if any regression combined with several improvement areas. Stability, continuity, and familiarity would seem to make the Spurs the most improved team in the west.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-14-14, 06:29 PM
alh1020's Avatar
SR Team Goof
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Right here
Posts: 4,958

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbp82 View Post
.........but to get a a 6'10 athletic player with potential for dirt cheap you'd have to consider it.
You'd have to consider if he's athletic and has potential, why is he being cut loose and will he be a 'project' for the Spurs. We need to have new personnel able to hit the ground running.

__________________
"If you ever fall, I'll be there." ---the Floor
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-14-14, 06:35 PM
drcantgetright's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Neither Here Nor There
Posts: 943

JaMychal Green looked good on the summer squad this past sunday. He is 6-9 and hustles.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-14-14, 06:54 PM
MRJONESIII's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,263

He kind of reminds me of a low budget Bosh... And that sucks right now considering how Bosh played in the finals. But I think he's got potential but just doesn't seem to want to put the work in. Just maybe needs the right core of guys to be around?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-14-14, 07:23 PM
tbp82's Avatar
SpursReport Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 78

A low budget Bosh that's enough to sign him right there. Again at the price he'd get he's worth the risk.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-14-14, 08:23 PM
Spurd_On's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: the next beam
Posts: 4,627

OOPs. Too Late. Traded to Orlando for cap space to sign Gasol.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-14-14, 11:53 PM
tbp82's Avatar
SpursReport Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurd_On View Post
OOPs. Too Late. Traded to Orlando for cap space to sign Gasol.
Orlando is supposed to waive him.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-15-14, 11:43 AM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,816

He has had his chances. I would pass on him
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-15-14, 12:52 PM
MRJONESIII's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,263

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
He has had his chances. I would pass on him
Danny Green had 2 chances with us and he turned out OK. Look at Austin Daye... He's had couple chances. Sometimes it's not about chances, could be a system, team, players or just that light hasn't come on for him.

He could also be struggling with what position he actually is, sf/pf. Not saying we'd even look at him, but we can't knock him for the amount of chances, hell even Bonner has never performed well in the playoffs.

I just like his length and decent skill set. I'm just tired of undersized guys. But I'm guessing that's it for us unless Baynes or Daye is out the door.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-15-14, 03:00 PM
drcantgetright's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Neither Here Nor There
Posts: 943

I am not ready to give up on Daye either but there is concern because of poor performance AND appearance of poor conditioning. I don't think there was an issue with DGreen and lack of effort.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-15-14, 03:48 PM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,816

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
Danny Green had 2 chances with us and he turned out OK. Look at Austin Daye... He's had couple chances. Sometimes it's not about chances, could be a system, team, players or just that light hasn't come on for him.

He could also be struggling with what position he actually is, sf/pf. Not saying we'd even look at him, but we can't knock him for the amount of chances, hell even Bonner has never performed well in the playoffs.

I just like his length and decent skill set. I'm just tired of undersized guys. But I'm guessing that's it for us unless Baynes or Daye is out the door.
Anthony Randolph has had more chances than those two mentioned combined. You look at him and yes he intrigues in a way. But he has been on some good and bad teams and it doesn't seem to change his outcome. When he came out of the draft....he seemed like he would be the real deal but he just hasn't panned out in any setting. With Bonner back....why bring him here? When would he play?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-15-14, 07:14 PM
MRJONESIII's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,263

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
Anthony Randolph has had more chances than those two mentioned combined. You look at him and yes he intrigues in a way. But he has been on some good and bad teams and it doesn't seem to change his outcome. When he came out of the draft....he seemed like he would be the real deal but he just hasn't panned out in any setting. With Bonner back....why bring him here? When would he play?
Pending Baynes situation and if butterfingers (Ayres) doesn't get minutes, he'd get some of his minutes. But Ayres, Daye, Bonner and Baynes will all share minutes depending on match ups. But I'm not sure.

I feel Baynes and Daye might be on short list. Baynes contract issues is why he's not playing in the summer league.... What's up with that?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-15-14, 08:29 PM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,816

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
Pending Baynes situation and if butterfingers (Ayres) doesn't get minutes, he'd get some of his minutes. But Ayres, Daye, Bonner and Baynes will all share minutes depending on match ups. But I'm not sure.

I feel Baynes and Daye might be on short list. Baynes contract issues is why he's not playing in the summer league.... What's up with that?
I'm not a fan of the Ayres signing at all. Hands of stone. I don't mind Baynes returning but I'm not against it. His upside is limited. Daye is not a PF in my view
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-15-14, 09:02 PM
MRJONESIII's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,263

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
I'm not a fan of the Ayres signing at all. Hands of stone. I don't mind Baynes returning but I'm not against it. His upside is limited. Daye is not a PF in my view
Yeah, Daye is worrying me a little bit. He looks fat, if that's possible with his frame. He's not seizing the opportunity like Neal did a few year back. He seems to be in limbo or something. He's going to have to pick it up soon or I think the Spurs will just cut him and bite that 1 million for an extra roster spot.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-16-14, 05:58 PM
jackc852's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 758

No thank you. I still remember his time in GS and I winced every time he tried to take the ball up the court because I just knew he'd get picked trying to cross over a small. Then to go to Minny and get even less time. He may be long and have physical talent, but the IQ just isn't there. Dog house material. I think he gets mentioned every year or every other year and it just makes me wince again because of the prospect that he was supposed to be. Please pass. Just pass.
__________________


Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-17-14, 03:24 AM
tuncaboylu's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Turkiye
Posts: 726

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
Yeah, Daye is worrying me a little bit. He looks fat, if that's possible with his frame. He's not seizing the opportunity like Neal did a few year back. He seems to be in limbo or something. He's going to have to pick it up soon or I think the Spurs will just cut him and bite that 1 million for an extra roster spot.
No need to cut him.

If we'd want to get rid of him, we can send him for a conditional 2nd round pick top 55 protected any time we want.

But I think our FO has still some hope about Daye and Ayres. I'm not expecting a trade which ships these 2 guys until the buyouts start near play-offs. We can need extra roster spot at that time.
__________________
CHAMPIONS SPURS - MVP DUNCAN
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-17-14, 12:12 PM
tbp82's Avatar
SpursReport Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 78

He's been waived there's a 6'10 athletic player type that you get at the top of the draft sitting there for someone to pick up and roll the dice on for cheap.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.7.4 Copyright © 2000-2008 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0