News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 07-14-14, 04:49 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

How bout Anthony Randolph if waived?

Seems like a long, athletic guy that could replace Daye. Rumors he might get waived from Chicago. As long as it's the same Randolph from Denver last year.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-14-14, 05:07 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I posted about this in your other thread but he's been traded to Orlando and the Magic are expected to waive him. He's was a good prospect and at the price hed be getting its worth it just to get a look at him.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-14-14, 05:43 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

He has potential, but then again he's going on how many years now of "potential." Same deal as Daye. Worth a look.
Old 07-14-14, 05:49 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbp82 View Post
I posted about this in your other thread but he's been traded to Orlando and the Magic are expected to waive him. He's was a good prospect and at the price hed be getting its worth it just to get a look at him.
Yeah, I saw that after the fact. Something tells me either he's not getting the play time, not putting in the work... Kinda like McGee from the Nuggets. He was under George Karl. He didn't much care for McGee's shot selection and antics, maybe Randolph feel in that category.

He'd might be worth a Matt Bonner like contact with a 2nd year team option. Is still take World Peace and his crazy @ss to back up Kawhi.
Old 07-14-14, 05:53 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
Yeah, I saw that after the fact. Something tells me either he's not getting the play time, not putting in the work... Kinda like McGee from the Nuggets. He was under George Karl. He didn't much care for McGee's shot selection and antics, maybe Randolph feel in that category.

He'd might be worth a Matt Bonner like contact with a 2nd year team option. Is still take World Peace and his crazy @ss to back up Kawhi.
No! Not MWP! That would only end in an ESPN documentary about how he not only derailed the Spurs' effort to finally repeat as champions, but broke up the big 3 and destroyed the franchise.
Old 07-14-14, 06:03 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

I've been hearing about Randolph for years and he's been unable to stick anywhere.
Old 07-14-14, 06:06 PM
SR Team Goof

I wouldn't be too quick to jump out at every player that's waived. We got our core of players back and it doesn't seem the other teams in the West are improved all that much so I think we can afford to sit and wait until a quality player becomes available. I'm thinking we will probably waive a player or two ourselves to free up some roster space. And we have the NLE to fall back on so I recommend let's play the hand we got until that ace in the hole shows up. I'm thinking we know him when he becomes available. We got plenty of time.
Old 07-14-14, 06:21 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Don't jump on every guy that's waived but to get a a 6'10 athletic player with potential for dirt cheap you'd have to consider it.
Old 07-14-14, 06:25 PM
The Eternal Optimist

Actually, the Spurs have improved as much as anyone in the west. TD is in a holding pattern with father time. Many and Tony seem to be working on their health issue. Kwai appears to still be improving. Diaw is just starting to really feel comfortable within the system and Tiago is finally just playing and reacting without lover thinking. Patty and Marco appear to be settling in very well. Corey may just be ready for a breakout season. Ayers, ??? Haynes, if he returns seems ready for some outstanding spot duty. Bonner, well he is Bonner. So, seems like little, if any regression combined with several improvement areas. Stability, continuity, and familiarity would seem to make the Spurs the most improved team in the west.
Old 07-14-14, 06:29 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbp82 View Post
.........but to get a a 6'10 athletic player with potential for dirt cheap you'd have to consider it.
You'd have to consider if he's athletic and has potential, why is he being cut loose and will he be a 'project' for the Spurs. We need to have new personnel able to hit the ground running.

Old 07-14-14, 06:35 PM
SpursReport Team Member

JaMychal Green looked good on the summer squad this past sunday. He is 6-9 and hustles.
Old 07-14-14, 06:54 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

He kind of reminds me of a low budget Bosh... And that sucks right now considering how Bosh played in the finals. But I think he's got potential but just doesn't seem to want to put the work in. Just maybe needs the right core of guys to be around?
Old 07-14-14, 07:23 PM
SpursReport Rookie

A low budget Bosh that's enough to sign him right there. Again at the price he'd get he's worth the risk.
Old 07-14-14, 08:23 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

OOPs. Too Late. Traded to Orlando for cap space to sign Gasol.
Old 07-14-14, 11:53 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurd_On View Post
OOPs. Too Late. Traded to Orlando for cap space to sign Gasol.
Orlando is supposed to waive him.
Old 07-15-14, 11:43 AM
Herman Cain of the board

He has had his chances. I would pass on him
Old 07-15-14, 12:52 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
He has had his chances. I would pass on him
Danny Green had 2 chances with us and he turned out OK. Look at Austin Daye... He's had couple chances. Sometimes it's not about chances, could be a system, team, players or just that light hasn't come on for him.

He could also be struggling with what position he actually is, sf/pf. Not saying we'd even look at him, but we can't knock him for the amount of chances, hell even Bonner has never performed well in the playoffs.

I just like his length and decent skill set. I'm just tired of undersized guys. But I'm guessing that's it for us unless Baynes or Daye is out the door.
Old 07-15-14, 03:00 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I am not ready to give up on Daye either but there is concern because of poor performance AND appearance of poor conditioning. I don't think there was an issue with DGreen and lack of effort.
Old 07-15-14, 03:48 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Danny Green had 2 chances with us and he turned out OK. Look at Austin Daye... He's had couple chances. Sometimes it's not about chances, could be a system, team, players or just that light hasn't come on for him.

He could also be struggling with what position he actually is, sf/pf. Not saying we'd even look at him, but we can't knock him for the amount of chances, hell even Bonner has never performed well in the playoffs.

I just like his length and decent skill set. I'm just tired of undersized guys. But I'm guessing that's it for us unless Baynes or Daye is out the door.
Anthony Randolph has had more chances than those two mentioned combined. You look at him and yes he intrigues in a way. But he has been on some good and bad teams and it doesn't seem to change his outcome. When he came out of the draft....he seemed like he would be the real deal but he just hasn't panned out in any setting. With Bonner back....why bring him here? When would he play?
Old 07-15-14, 07:14 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Anthony Randolph has had more chances than those two mentioned combined. You look at him and yes he intrigues in a way. But he has been on some good and bad teams and it doesn't seem to change his outcome. When he came out of the draft....he seemed like he would be the real deal but he just hasn't panned out in any setting. With Bonner back....why bring him here? When would he play?
Pending Baynes situation and if butterfingers (Ayres) doesn't get minutes, he'd get some of his minutes. But Ayres, Daye, Bonner and Baynes will all share minutes depending on match ups. But I'm not sure.

I feel Baynes and Daye might be on short list. Baynes contract issues is why he's not playing in the summer league.... What's up with that?
Old 07-15-14, 08:29 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Pending Baynes situation and if butterfingers (Ayres) doesn't get minutes, he'd get some of his minutes. But Ayres, Daye, Bonner and Baynes will all share minutes depending on match ups. But I'm not sure.

I feel Baynes and Daye might be on short list. Baynes contract issues is why he's not playing in the summer league.... What's up with that?
I'm not a fan of the Ayres signing at all. Hands of stone. I don't mind Baynes returning but I'm not against it. His upside is limited. Daye is not a PF in my view
Old 07-15-14, 09:02 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
I'm not a fan of the Ayres signing at all. Hands of stone. I don't mind Baynes returning but I'm not against it. His upside is limited. Daye is not a PF in my view
Yeah, Daye is worrying me a little bit. He looks fat, if that's possible with his frame. He's not seizing the opportunity like Neal did a few year back. He seems to be in limbo or something. He's going to have to pick it up soon or I think the Spurs will just cut him and bite that 1 million for an extra roster spot.
Old 07-16-14, 05:58 PM
SpursReport Team Member

No thank you. I still remember his time in GS and I winced every time he tried to take the ball up the court because I just knew he'd get picked trying to cross over a small. Then to go to Minny and get even less time. He may be long and have physical talent, but the IQ just isn't there. Dog house material. I think he gets mentioned every year or every other year and it just makes me wince again because of the prospect that he was supposed to be. Please pass. Just pass.

Old 07-17-14, 03:24 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Yeah, Daye is worrying me a little bit. He looks fat, if that's possible with his frame. He's not seizing the opportunity like Neal did a few year back. He seems to be in limbo or something. He's going to have to pick it up soon or I think the Spurs will just cut him and bite that 1 million for an extra roster spot.
No need to cut him.

If we'd want to get rid of him, we can send him for a conditional 2nd round pick top 55 protected any time we want.

But I think our FO has still some hope about Daye and Ayres. I'm not expecting a trade which ships these 2 guys until the buyouts start near play-offs. We can need extra roster spot at that time.
Old 07-17-14, 12:12 PM
SpursReport Rookie

He's been waived there's a 6'10 athletic player type that you get at the top of the draft sitting there for someone to pick up and roll the dice on for cheap.