News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-14, 05:06 PM
SpursReport Staff Writer

Hey King.........................your naked!

I'm not buying it. King James comments are exposed.

"The hardest thing to leave is what I built with those guys," James said. "I've talked to some of them and will talk to others. Nothing will ever change what we accomplished."

First off, you did win twice but you finished by bringing rise to one of the greatest 'teams' in NBA history. Built ???? The Spurs build, you just assembled pieces. Very good pieces but with shallow character of sweat, patience and trust. That all reared its ugly head as the Spurs dismantled you.

"Before anyone ever cared where I would play basketball, I was a kid from Northeast Ohio. It's where I walked," James told SI.com. "It's where I ran. It's where I cried. It's where I bled. It holds a special place in my heart. People there have seen me grow up. I sometimes feel like I'm their son. Their passion can be overwhelming. But it drives me. I want to give them hope when I can. I want to inspire them when I can."

Wow! Sounds like the Gladiator line of Commodus when he said he was the peoples father. He didn't realize who he was to them or who they are to him? Just rings hollow to me.

It's all too convenient. He gets to 'go back home' and say all the right things about that to appease the masses but in reality he is doing the same thing, picking the best opportunity to win. However, he also gets to be selfish within this mix and take the max money for himself. Where is the humility and team in that.

"I've met with Dan, face-to-face, man-to-man. We've talked it out," James said. "Everybody makes mistakes. I've made mistakes as well. Who am I to hold a grudge?" Fabulous convenience really. He's not dumb to being playing all these cards in just this manner.

A word for the NBA. You discounted the marketing value of team by taking the cheap and easy way out of promoting just the individual for years. My hope is the new commish sees this.
Old 07-11-14, 05:38 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I think the whole letter he wrote was garbage... He said something like after he chose mMiami the fans and the situation were heavy on his mind... So heavy apparently he was club dancing on a stage in Miami in front of an entire arena of fans... All those words are fake...
Old 07-11-14, 06:04 PM
SpursReport Team Member

TRUTH--the Cavs have a better team to put around him than Mia. Makes me wonder if a deal for KLove is already done.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-11-14, 06:18 PM
Been here too long to be a Spursreport Rookie

He wants us to believe that he's this huge ohio guy, but he is the ultimate fair weather fan/athlete. He's a documented Yankees, cowboys and Michael Jordan fan. And his true character came out with his first free agency opportunity, he jumped ship and went to the easiest place to win. He's doing the same thing here but he and espn think that nba fans are idiots that will buy into his crap. Screw you lebron, welcome to your new ready made team, I hope you enjoy the same failure that you did in 2014...

Go spurs go!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-11-14, 06:35 PM
SpursReport Staff Writer

NBA take notice please.

In the end the casual fan absolutely loved the Spurs team story this year. Build on it by getting national advertisers interested in attracting teams from families, business or elsewhere to use this attraction. The league will be better for it. Oh wait............................nevermind ...........................just keep promoting individuals and leave the Spurs alone.
Old 07-11-14, 07:03 PM
SR Team Goof

He probably has a speech writer or either his wife or agent wrote the script, since he wasn't in front of a live mike.
Old 07-11-14, 07:54 PM
SpursReport Staff Writer

I don't know if I should be surprised or not that all the national media are buying into the entire 'good thing' Lebron is doing.

Am I wrong or smarter than these pundits.
Old 07-15-14, 01:19 PM
Been here too long to be a Spursreport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by disciple View Post
I don't know if I should be surprised or not that all the national media are buying into the entire 'good thing' Lebron is doing.

Am I wrong or smarter than these pundits.
You're not wrong, you are just smarter than they (the pundits) think you are.

ESPN, and all media outlets for that matter, seem to work off this assumption that the general public consists of the ignorant and uninformed. So we are supposed to believe that Lebron is going back to cleveland because he loves northeast Ohio, not because all parties involved profit from this. Think about all the sales for Lebron's new Cleveland jersey, which I'm sure will not be #23. The NBA will make a fortune, Lebron will now be deemed more marketable because we all have to like him again and He will cash in on the CBA in a year to make more money. The man is entitled to do what he wants just as I am entitled to not buy into his BS.

GO SPURS GO!!!
Old 07-15-14, 03:48 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyDthaWay2B View Post
I think the whole letter he wrote was garbage....
You know what, I think your comment is GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-15-14, 03:49 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gdon View Post

A P.R. firm wrote that crap.

Last edited by b1gdon; 07-15-14 at 03:51 PM.
Old 07-15-14, 04:37 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I thought it was an honest assessment of the past and future.
He and Gilbert both screwed up in '10. He has no chance of winning a title next year. He may not have another chance. Nothing is given. The dude lives in Akron in the off season. He wants to raise his kids in the area.

I think he matured in MIA. he realizes how quickly things can change. The last four years, he's been in the NBA Finals. Next year, he'd be on a team similar to the Cavs of '07-'10. Good enough to get there, maybe, but unlikely to win it all.

The money is the same. The chance for a title is the same. Why not go home?
Old 07-15-14, 05:02 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gdon View Post
I think you forgot to take your meds .
Old 07-16-14, 11:29 AM
SpursReport Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyspursfan View Post
I thought it was an honest assessment of the past and future.
He and Gilbert both screwed up in '10. He has no chance of winning a title next year. He may not have another chance. Nothing is given. The dude lives in Akron in the off season. He wants to raise his kids in the area.

I think he matured in MIA. he realizes how quickly things can change. The last four years, he's been in the NBA Finals. Next year, he'd be on a team similar to the Cavs of '07-'10. Good enough to get there, maybe, but unlikely to win it all.

The money is the same. The chance for a title is the same. Why not go home?
I could accept the forgiveness of Gilbert and the chance for a title next year. However, from that point on there is no comparison. Wade will be done soon so no future. Cavs have an excellent future. Not the same at all really. And if he really wanted the best chance to win, take a little less to add talent. Didn't happen.