News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 07-11-14, 11:24 AM
SpursReport Team Member

LeBRon back to Cleveland

per Espn via Sports Illustrated right now on tv. Chris Brousard also saying its true.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-11-14, 11:28 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

There goes the neighborhood.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-11-14, 11:35 AM
SR Team Goof

Finally. Now I can take my afternoon nap.
Old 07-11-14, 11:37 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

No one to stand in our way anymore ... Muhahahahhaah
Old 07-11-14, 11:41 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Now all the free agent dominoes can start to fall.
Old 07-11-14, 11:41 AM
SR Team Goof

BREAKING NEWS: LeBron James signing with Cleveland Cavaliers

Thomas Wolfe was wrong, at least about LeBron James. You can go home again.

LeBron James is heading back to the Cleveland Cavaliers, and he announced the decision on his own terms.

LeBron, via Lee Jenkins of Sports Illustrated:

I always believed that Iíd return to Cleveland and finish my career there. I just didnít know when. After the season, free agency wasnít even a thought. But I have two boys and my wife, Savannah, is pregnant with a girl. I started thinking about what it would be like to raise my family in my hometown. I looked at other teams, but I wasnít going to leave Miami for anywhere except Cleveland. The more time passed, the more it felt right. This is what makes me happy.

Also credit to Chris Sheridan who called this days ago.

Wow. Wow. Wow.

For a long time, I didnít believe the Cavs had a serious chance to lure LeBron back, but they did it.

In Cleveland he is welcomed home like the prodigal son.

And with Kyrie Irving in the fold and a number of decent to good young players (Tristan Thompson, Dion Waiters, Andrew Wiggins) this is now a team that is a contender to win the East. Their youth and playoff inexperience is going to leave them short of the top teams in the West, but the Cavaliers certainly could make the Finals, LeBron Jamesí fifth in a row.

The Cavs also have the draft picks and assets to make some moves and go after some veterans and bigger names, including Kevin Love.

LeBron is also the first domino to fall in what should be a rush of free agent signings such as Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh, Pau Gasol, Luol Deng, Lance Stephenson and others.

LeBron played his first seven years in Cleveland, but after some terrible management moves they weíre unable to put a quality team around him. The Cavaliers with LeBron made the Finals once and he grew frustrated with the organization and talent.

So he teamed up with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh and formed a super team in Miami ó and it worked on the court, the Heat went to four straight NBA Finals and won two titles. However, off the court how LeBron handled the announcement was a public relations disaster ó ďThe DecisionĒ is mocked to this day and it pummeled LeBron James image.

However the rules of the new Collective Bargaining Agreement ó in which the owners slashed the players share of revenue by seven percent and put in rules to make it very hard to form or maintain a super team ó have eroded the Heat. Pat Riley for years has only been able to add minimum salary players, some worked out such as Ray Allen, some didnít such as Michael Beasley.

But Riley couldnít easily add the kind of young, athletic players the Spurs had and beat the Heat with in the 2014 Finals, guys such as Kawhi Leonard.

One of the hard-line owners who pushed for those super team restrictions? Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert.

Now he wants one of his own ó the Cavaliers just signed Kyrie Irving to a max extension and have LeBron, now they are trying to swing a trade for Kevin Love. That would likely take the inclusion of No. 1 pick Andrew Wiggins in a deal, and even that may not be enough.

Link: BREAKING NEWS: LeBron James signing with Cleveland Cavaliers | ProBasketballTalk
Old 07-11-14, 11:46 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! B2B Champs here we come!!!!!
Old 07-11-14, 11:52 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

"But Riley couldn’t easily add the kind of young, athletic players the Spurs had and beat the Heat with in the 2014 Finals, guys such as Kawhi Leonard."

haha suddenly, the unathletic, old spurs are young and athletic...
Old 07-11-14, 12:25 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I don't get it. Why are some Spurs fans excited that Lebron is not going back to Miami? Were you that concerned about Miami's chances next year if he returned? There will be plenty of teams to challenge the Spurs next season. Miami just isn't one of them anymore.
Old 07-11-14, 12:29 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! B2B Champs here we come!!!!!
Not according to Vegas... Just who's crowned the Champs already? From the basement of the East... Which is probably more like underneath the basement, to the top of the mountain! May I present you the 2015 NBA Champions... THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!
Old 07-11-14, 12:37 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
Not according to Vegas... Just who's crowned the Champs already? From the basement of the East... Which is probably more like underneath the basement, to the top of the mountain! May I present you the 2015 NBA Champions... THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!
With their new coach, I think Cleveland can become very competitive against the Spurs system. However as we know with Spurs players in the past, its the second year when it begins to sink in and get in sync.

Old 07-11-14, 12:50 PM
Been here too long to be a Spursreport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurd_On View Post
I don't get it. Why are some Spurs fans excited that Lebron is not going back to Miami? Were you that concerned about Miami's chances next year if he returned? There will be plenty of teams to challenge the Spurs next season. Miami just isn't one of them anymore.
Agreed, I don't think the heat were a realistic threat to San Antonio repeating. This could actually be bad for the spurs, because I see bosh going to Houston allowing them to also resign parsons. Still have to think sa and okc are the favorites but Houston is starting to look like the real deal.
Old 07-11-14, 01:10 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Props to DDAMAGE for posting this within minutes of breaking!

2 things I don't like about this Cavs team that are threatening, 1) a ball dominant point guard to get into the lane, 2) crazy young , athletic team. Two things that have always bothered the Spurs.

The Cavs maybe a year away from competing, the Heat were 2-3 years away. I'll watch Cavs games, just to see how Run J-I-W runs through the East.
Old 07-11-14, 01:12 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Spurs are the Yoko Ono of the NBA for breaking up the Heatles.
Old 07-11-14, 01:18 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyAdamII View Post
Props to DDAMAGE for posting this within minutes of breaking!

2 things I don't like about this Cavs team that are threatening, 1) a ball dominant point guard to get into the lane, 2) crazy young , athletic team. Two things that have always bothered the Spurs.

The Cavs maybe a year away from competing, the Heat were 2-3 years away. I'll watch Cavs games, just to see how Run J-I-W runs through the East.

Thanks. Well being retired disabled vet I had nothing else to do. Haha.
Old 07-11-14, 01:47 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Suddenly the Cavs are a fun team. It'll take a while with a new coach and a shaken-up roster. But the East has weak competition, so Cleveland could be right there again next spring.
Old 07-11-14, 02:03 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

The Idea of Lebron, throwing Lobs to Wiggins, catching a backdoor pass from Irving no look pass to Bennett.

start your engines.
Old 07-11-14, 02:06 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
The Idea of Lebron, throwing Lobs to Wiggins, catching a backdoor pass from Irving no look pass to Bennett.

start your engines.
Don't be surprised if Wiggins is part of a trade to try and get Love to the Cavs.
Old 07-11-14, 02:10 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

You know, if I am the Cavs, I don't go out and trade for Love right away.

I may wait, if the Wolves get into the season with Love, they may squander a good deal, and he could walk for nothing. Besides, if Love is unrestricted in the summer, gets traded to say Golden State, and he doesn't renegotiate his contract, whats stopping Love from signing outright next summer?

If Love stays in Minny for the year, becomes a free agent, you could talk him into taking a less than Max salary to play with Lebron, Irving, Wiggins, et al.
Old 07-11-14, 02:48 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

QUOTE=SleepyAdamII;1316062]The Idea of Lebron, throwing Lobs to Wiggins, catching a backdoor pass from Irving no look pass to Bennett.

start your engines.[/quote]

Bennett may not even see the floor... He looks awful.
Old 07-11-14, 04:00 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyDthaWay2B View Post
QUOTE=SleepyAdamII;1316062]The Idea of Lebron, throwing Lobs to Wiggins, catching a backdoor pass from Irving no look pass to Bennett.

start your engines.
Bennett may not even see the floor... He looks awful.[/quote]

In all fairness to Bennett, he has a real coach now who will know how to develop him.

Old 07-11-14, 04:14 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:

start your engines.
Yea, but can they play defense?
Old 07-11-14, 06:19 PM
SpursReport Team Member

OKC is still the major hurdle for back to back championships in my book.
Old 07-11-14, 08:53 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDAMAGE View Post
Thanks. Well being retired disabled vet I had nothing else to do. Haha.
Well you have made some nice contributions to this forum in the short time you have been here. Thanks for your service and sacrifice. I enjoy your posts and questions.

Last edited by Spurd_On; 07-11-14 at 08:55 PM.
Old 07-11-14, 09:14 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurd_On View Post
Well you have made some nice contributions to this forum in the short time you have been here. Thanks for your service and sacrifice. I enjoy your posts and questions.

Hey thanks I appreciate that. I've actually been around for a long while but don't post much because I'm not as knowledgeable as some of you guys when it comes to our Spurs. Been a Spurs fan since mid 80s. Again enjoy reading your guys input and watching Will The Thrill get into arguments hahaha
Old 07-11-14, 10:09 PM
Spartan Moderator

I love how the author is already declaring that the Cavs are headed to the finals simply because they signed LeBron...

Old 07-13-14, 11:39 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Well, who has really gotten better in the East? Chicago , maybe. The east may be even weaker now that we all know how lousy Indiana is.
Old 07-13-14, 12:02 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Well, who has really gotten better in the East? Chicago , maybe. The east may be even weaker now that we all know how lousy Indiana is.
Well it looks like it will come down to Spurs, OKC, LAC, and maybe the Suns to represent the West. I like our chances although it will come down to the team being healthy.
Old 07-13-14, 07:53 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

OKC probably our biggest threat, however we figured them out last year.
Old 07-13-14, 08:17 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

I agree on Paper that OKC is our biggest threat , and had the best opprotunity to fix their team to beat the spurs, but they drafted so - so players , ( 2 first round picks from the deepest draft in a decade), didn't bring in any big time free agent. Unless scott brooks changes his coaching philosophy , it could be durant and westbrook playing 40 minutes + a night, meeting a rested spurs team.
Old 07-13-14, 08:58 PM
SpursReport Team Member

It has just gotten serious--RJ signed with ! ;)