Old 07-03-14, 03:38 PM
SpursReport Team Member

the gods must be crazy

Sefolosha gets a 3 year $12 mil deal
D Collison gets a 3 year $16 mil deal
Lowery gets a dump truck's worth of cash
Stephenson is not willing to take 5 years at $44 mil

Yikes!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-03-14, 03:59 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

That's not even counting Gordon Hayward, who reportedly turned down 4 years/$40 mil from the Jazz.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-03-14, 04:00 PM

Oh, and 3 years/$19 mil for Jodie Meeks.
Old 07-03-14, 04:17 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
That's not even counting Gordon Hayward, who reportedly turned down 4 years/$40 mil from the Jazz.

Hayward is worth more than all those cats and is turn down the same deal if I were him.

- Confucius
Old 07-03-14, 04:47 PM
SR Team Goof

Owners bit*h and scream about the high salaries that players are getting and they turn right around and recruit and pay these guys what they demand. The owners are out of control. And if I were a player, I'd take the money with a smile too.
"I'm always amazed to hear of victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?" - Paul Merton
Old 07-03-14, 05:16 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
Owners bit*h and scream about the high salaries that players are getting and they turn right around and recruit and pay these guys what they demand. The owners are out of control. And if I were a player, I'd take the money with a smile too.
EXACTLY. The CBA is to try to protect the owners from themselves.
Old 07-03-14, 07:05 PM

Well, I have read that the cap is going up significantly and expected to keep going up. So the cap increasing from $58mil to $63 mil is a reason for salaries to be high. But I think it's less that than the fact that owners are finally getting out from under all their prior bad decisions and everybody has cap space and nobody wants to leave empty-handed.

There will be yet another round of buyer's remorse this winter.
Old 07-03-14, 07:31 PM
SpursReport 2010 And 2014 Pick The Winner Champion

So basically, now that they are getting out from under all their prior decisions, its time to make new bad decisions! #OwnerLogic
Yet we got Patty for 3yrs 12Mill. A bargain compared
Old 07-03-14, 09:04 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Just think about all of the off-seasons where we fans were screaming for the Spurs to sign someone. I sure am glad we aren't in charge.

How many bad contracts did the Spurs front office turn down?

We have a great and patient front office.
Old 07-04-14, 01:09 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
Just think about all of the off-seasons where we fans were screaming for the Spurs to sign someone. I sure am glad we aren't in charge.

How many bad contracts did the Spurs front office turn down?

We have a great and patient front office.
Yup your Spurs payroll would be 300 million for one season lol
Old 07-04-14, 04:58 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
Yup your Spurs payroll would be 300 million for one season lol
You know will,

You are a horses ass.

I think I will leave Spursreport and never come back because I am tired of your ******* comments.

Go **** Yourself
Old 07-04-14, 05:51 PM
SpursReport Team Member

There is a good explanation of these contracts.
Why are we still seeing so many bad NBA contracts? - Pounding The Rock

Summary: The teams should catch salary cap and some teams are trying to reach salary cap limit, otherwise the difference will be paid to the players in their roster. If you sign 12 guys 1 million per player. 63-12 = 51 will be shared to those 12 players. That means you will pay 5 million to each player.
Old 07-04-14, 06:00 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
You know will,

You are a horses ass.

I think I will leave Spursreport and never come back because I am tired of your ******* comments.

Go **** Yourself
Takes one to know one. EAT **** my friend.
Old 07-05-14, 01:06 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

They're crazy, high and drunk! When a guy like Bosh played like he did, isn't the #1 or 2 option on a championship type team, the third best player in the team and is expecting to get a maximum salary for four year... You gotta be fu@k!ng kidding me! He's never been that good, at best when in Toronto and still is question it. But you know since idiot owner will pay that tag. I'd take Duncan or Dirk at their advanced age for 4yrs max money all day, everyday and twice on Sunday! He's a joke!
Old 07-05-14, 03:09 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Patrick Patterson 3 yr- $18 mil WTF
Old 07-05-14, 03:22 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcantgetright View Post
Patrick Patterson 3 yr- $18 mil WTF
Patterson has a nice skill set. Can shoot the ball from deep, mid range and can post up a little bit. For 6 million I'd take his a$$ over Bosh! Now Luol Deng is saying it's going to take 12 million to sign him! The audacity of some of these players! 8 million, no more, no less!
Old 07-05-14, 07:12 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Could another reason be that most of the large market teams are desperate for a quick fix right now and will pay big bucks to get your free agents because they can afford the tax?
Old 07-06-14, 04:10 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

This really favors teams that take a wait and see approach. Desperate, lazy teams shoot their wad on the medium level talent leaving similar talent available for less. Then you can build a very deep team.