News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 07-03-14, 03:35 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Plan B - SCOLA?!

Curious as to what people's thoughts are about...LUIS SCOLA?!!!

By all indications, he will probably get bought out by Indiana and then be avail on the free market (read a few paragraphs below pic of Lance: Kyle Lowry Re-Signs With Toronto, While Indy Faces Some Tough Choices )

Could he be a cheap alternative if we don't land Pau Gasol?

Not to cry over spilled milk (esp. in the wake of championship number 5), but I really think Spurs would've won at least 1 or 2 more during that period right after 07 'chip when they could've had Scola on the roster.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-03-14, 03:45 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

I was wondering about him.... I think we go for a pf/c at the end of the bench. Wouldn't mind finally bringing him in hahah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-03-14, 03:58 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Old 07-03-14, 04:22 PM
The Master Baiter

Nah. He never played a lick of defense to begin with, and he'd be worse now. He may be a decent passer, but who's minutes would he take? He's not better than Diaw or Splitter.

As far as winning 1 or 2 more with him on the team, it's funny that even now he is still supremely overrated. He would have most likely been a bench player during that time, and he wouldn't have made up for losing Manu to injury in the playoffs. But of course, we'll never know.
Old 07-03-14, 04:24 PM
SpursReport Team Member

ah NO. He would be in the dog house so fast for not getting back on D or missing a rotation.
Old 07-03-14, 04:44 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Well let's say Bonner doesn't come back and Baynes gets picked up for some other team, aside from Tim, Boris, Splitter, and Ayers, we could use Scola.

I would bring him in to see TP, Manu, Boris, and Scola on the floor at the same time. Incredible passing skills.
Old 07-03-14, 05:55 PM
SR Team Goof

Nope, he had his chance.
Old 07-03-14, 06:10 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

R.C. and Scola don't get along.. So it ain't happening.
Old 07-03-14, 08:02 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Old 07-04-14, 02:03 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orient Express View Post
Curious as to what people's thoughts are about...LUIS SCOLA?!!!

By all indications, he will probably get bought out by Indiana and then be avail on the free market (read a few paragraphs below pic of Lance: Kyle Lowry Re-Signs With Toronto, While Indy Faces Some Tough Choices )

Could he be a cheap alternative if we don't land Pau Gasol?

Not to cry over spilled milk (esp. in the wake of championship number 5), but I really think Spurs would've won at least 1 or 2 more during that period right after 07 'chip when they could've had Scola on the roster.
Funny I said the same thing a while back and got blasted for it!
Old 07-04-14, 07:02 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcantgetright View Post
ah NO. He would be in the dog house so fast for not getting back on D or missing a rotation.
Malik Rose was a dog house player and he got two rings. So whateves
Old 07-05-14, 02:04 AM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
Funny I said the same thing a while back and got blasted for it!
And it's still not a good idea.
Old 07-07-14, 01:05 AM
The Amazing!

Please if the Spurs had Scola they would have had 100 more rings by now. They should bring on Nocioni for they heck of it and than call it a day.
Old 07-07-14, 11:28 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Well well well! The return of the men of S.C.O.L.A.lol! I thought Scola talk ended years ago! I don't know about that 2 more rings business lol!
Old 07-07-14, 11:38 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

To look at it objectively, if he were to be cut from the Pacers,

Would the Spurs like another great passing big man, who can bang, shoot 20 ft jumpers and fit instantly in the free flowing offense? At this point in his career would be more Oberto, than anything.

For part if not all of the MLE, I would definitely bring him in, and see how many Passes would flow from Scola, to Mills, to Green, to Manu, to Diaw, and back again.