News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-14, 08:38 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Final predictions for draft night (Spurs)

Who/what do the Spurs do tonight on draft night???? Do they stay put, trade up/down? Stash a Euro player? Make your predicions here.

I'll go first

I say Spurs stay put and with the 30th pick in the 2014 NBA draft the San Antonio Spurs take.........................Jeremi Grant, SF Syracuse
Old 06-26-14, 09:43 AM
SR Team Goof

I also say the Spurs stand pat with their 30th pick and choose one of these 3 international players: Dario Saric, Vasilije Micic or Bogdan Bogdanovic.
Old 06-26-14, 11:33 AM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Eurotrash stash to save cash.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-26-14, 12:02 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
I also say the Spurs stand pat with their 30th pick and choose one of these 3 international players: Dario Saric, Vasilije Micic or Bogdan Bogdanovic.
Saric will be long gone
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-26-14, 01:16 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Nick young , stashed in Austin
Old 06-26-14, 01:19 PM
SpursReport 2010 And 2014 Pick The Winner Champion

Bogdanovic, Euro Stash
Old 06-26-14, 02:08 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyAdamII View Post
Nick young , stashed in Austin
Please, not the Shaqtin' a Fool finalist?

Old 06-26-14, 02:42 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Hahah James young; let's do this !!!
Old 06-26-14, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyAdamII View Post
Hahah James young; let's do this !!!
One could only hope he's around at 30????? Or are they moving up to get this kid??? I'd love to have him
Old 06-26-14, 03:01 PM
SR Team Goof

James Young I can go for but as esparzar1 said, don't think he'll be around when the Spurs pick.
Old 06-26-14, 05:39 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I say the Spurs trade the 30 pick to Philly for picks 39 and 47 and target Micic and Ingles.
Old 06-26-14, 05:58 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Well I do this every year. So here it goes. #30 Damien Inglis 6-9 SF French Guiana. #58 Markel Brown 6-3 SG Oklahoma St. #60 Nemanja Danggubic 6'6 SG Serbia. And for my rookie undrafted selection Mike Moser 6'8 PF Oregon. Now reasons for each. Inglis is very talented and has tons of upside. He might go early second but is rising fast. Brown impressed me at the combine. Very athletic to say the least. Dangubic can shoot and has very good hops. All three of these guys are slashers too. Dangubic has the "euro step" down so well too. Brown has the jump out of the gym ability. Inglis plays both ways. He is a perfect off the radar type of player for the Spurs to maybe drop to them at thirty. My undrafted choice is a stretch four. Had a promising start but fizzled with injuries etc. Needs to gain weight but can shoot. Likely will not get drafted and be on a summer league team. Why not the Spurs'? I know Brown had an interview and or workout for the Spurs. With Pop's Serbian background...I went with a Serb who will likely be late second round. Moser is a shot in the dark. Inglis I think played in a high level league in France. So we all know they monitor things over there very closely. Those are my picks. Thoughts?
Old 06-26-14, 06:37 PM
SpursReport 2010 And 2014 Pick The Winner Champion

Im rethinking it, and maybe we get Little Dog Glenn Robinson III.
Old 06-26-14, 06:54 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

I have a gut feeling, that with the incredible amount of hype for this class, the crazy amount of rumors, and subterfuge, and smoke screens; that teams will talk themselves out of good players, or simply overlook quality players. And by standing pat, and evaluating who falls down the draft, a good player like James Young, through no fault of his own, could fall the the spurs. Some have said those in the early second round could have a shot at what would otherwise be 1st round talent on an average draft year.

it's a gut feeling.
Old 06-26-14, 07:13 PM
SR Team Goof

Damien Inglis would be a nice pickup but don't know if he warrants a first round consideration, primarily due to the level of competition he has faced. From the clips I've seen of him, he looks to have a lot of upside, young, good ball-handling skills, quick and at 6'9" and his wide wingspan could be a diamond in the rough. Well worth the look.
Old 06-26-14, 10:18 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Glenn Robinson Jr. Anyone?!?

- Confucius
Old 06-26-14, 10:35 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Kyle Anderson sounds good to me
Old 06-26-14, 10:36 PM

Man, cleanthony early, kyle anderson and jerimi grant are still there with only one pick left before the Spurs!!!! Any one of them and I'm happy!!!!
Old 06-26-14, 10:37 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Kyle Anderson should've been long gone. A steal if the Spurs get him. Was a premier high school talent
Old 06-26-14, 10:52 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Great pick for SA. Long wingspan, high iq, great passer... Sounds like a Spur.

Same wingspan as Leonard btw

Last edited by TimmyDthaWay2B; 06-26-14 at 11:03 PM.
Old 06-26-14, 11:24 PM
Herman Cain of the board

I was off one pick with Inglis lol. Guess I had him graded well.