News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-14, 03:14 PM
SR Team Goof

Watch this guy in the draft -- Dario Saric

I’ve been watching Dario Saric for a couple years and watched his progression. He’s a big with agility and can really ball. But he has signed a new 2-3 year contract to stay in Europe. If this guy falls far enough in the draft, because of his new signing, he just might be a nice pickup for the Spurs --- if he falls far enough. Here’s an article on him:

Likely lottery pick Dario Saric agrees to deal to keep him in Europe at least two more years

Dario Saric was not a “draft and stash” Euro in this class. He’s a 6’10” guy with point-forward skills with a very high hoops IQ who scouts have watched for years. Saric has impressive ball handling skills for his size, great scoring instincts (in the post and in transition), plus he can pass. He’s a player with a lot of potential.

One that will stay in Europe for a couple more years.

Saric has reached a new three year deal with Anadolu Efes in Turkey, one that essentially locks him into Europe for at least two more seasons, something first reported by Chad Ford of ESPN.

This could impact his draft stock. DraftExpress.com has Saric going at No. 11 to the Nuggets, pretty much every mock draft has him in the lottery, but if you take him now you have to be patent for a couple of years.

That could see him fall a little as teams in the lottery tend to be looking for guys who can help sooner rather than later, and Saric is now definitely later. But if he continues to develop — gets stronger, gets a more polished jumper — he could be a steal for whoever drafts him farther down the board.

Link to article: Likely lottery pick Dario Saric agrees to deal to keep him in Europe at least two more years | ProBasketballTalk
Old 06-23-14, 04:40 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Hey that works for me. I'm a Spurs fan for life so if we don't see him till the Duncan era is over and the Kawhi Leonard era is in full stride that's okay.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-23-14, 05:06 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Waiting for next 2 years is too long for the most of the teams-

Maybe Spurs can wait, but he can't fall to 30.
Old 06-23-14, 05:19 PM
SpursReport 2010 And 2014 Pick The Winner Champion

I really can´t see him falling all the way to 30... but if he does, I´d go for him in a heartbeat.
Old 06-23-14, 05:22 PM
SR Team Goof

I can remember RC saying when they drafted Splitter how surprised he was Tiago had dropped far enough for the Spurs to coup him up. And as deep as this draft is supposed to be, anything can happen.
Old 06-23-14, 05:24 PM
SpursReport 2010 And 2014 Pick The Winner Champion

Well... Embiid is already falling and he is the top big man to be picked up... Maybe, just maybe Spurs can pick Saric. *Crosses his fingers and wishes*
Old 06-25-14, 11:51 AM
SpursReport Rookie

The deal keeps him in Europe for "at least" 2 more years, it could be more if the team that drafts Saric does not appeal to him. Hopefully this unknown will cause him to slide a lot further than projected, and right into the Spurs laps.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!