News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-20-14, 09:29 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Better career; Kobe or Duncan

Better Career: Kobe Or Duncan? - ESPN Video - ESPN

Stephen A Smith never ceases to amaze me....
Old 06-20-14, 10:35 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Smith is a noisy clown.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-20-14, 11:07 AM
The Eternal Optimist

My view through a silver hued lenses, they have the same number rings, but one has more wins, longer sustained excellence, and has done it with a very varied cast of team mates. Not mention that person has always had the respect of his team mates and been considered the ultimate team mate and person. Now which of those has to this date had a better career. (Totally disregard the better player argument which is totally subjective)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-20-14, 11:11 AM
SR's Resident Laker Hater

Neither Skip or SAS remarked that that disunity, distractions, whatever was the result of Kobe Bryant's ego, choices, consequences and his inability to keep his pants on, etc. His last two extensions of 50 million dollars /just so he could surpass Garnett's money totals clearly demonstrate his selfishness or what he lost in his divorce to Vanessa. Who cares anyway?

The Lakers are in turmoil and will be for at least two years I suspect nor will Kobe.. be"Kobe" as he 'dwayne wades' into the sunset of his final years. nor does anyone want to come to LA into that clusterflock of suckage that will be the LA Lakers that Kobe created and maintained.

Also this last season also represents' the so called "GOAT's" second lottery season. How many Top NBA players had lottery teams?

And finally comparing SG's and PF/C statistically is beyond reasonable anyway. Tim will get into the PO's with 50+ games and Kobe won't. Book it because of the first rule of Physics. that the Lakers suck. Period.
Old 06-20-14, 12:46 PM
The Master Baiter

He kept bringing up the fact that Kobe didn't have stability, but Kobe won all 5 of his rings with the same coach. And the lack of stability was due mostly in part to Kobe not being happy with the coaches and/or players. I'll be honest, Kobe is the more exciting player. He's a winner with a killer instinct, has better individual numbers. But Tim was/is the glue of the Spurs and their success, even during "dark" times. Kobe is the antithesis of that.
Old 06-20-14, 01:07 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Yeah, if Kobe had half the emotional stability and maturity that TD has shown from the beginning, he'd have 2-3 more titles.
Old 06-20-14, 02:35 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Timmay by a landslide. Longevity and 1 more regular season MVP. My man Timmay for sure !!

- Confucius
Old 06-20-14, 02:57 PM
Flying Monkey Wrangler

Bill Simmons' finals column has a good section on this. He essentially compares Kobe, Td, and Kareem career wise. Kareem is the gold standard, then TD, then Kobe.
Old 06-20-14, 05:33 PM
The Eternal Optimist

The discussion was not regarding the better player, but better career. Re stability, Kobe's lack thereof was mostly his own doing. TD had very stable and well grounded personality, which led to long lasting friendships and team relationships. As opposed to alienating those around him he seems foster kinship and create positive relationships.
Old 06-20-14, 05:42 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Discussing that topic is like politics and religion, it could go on and on. They're are both great... Plain and simple. They both have their pluses and minuses.
Old 06-20-14, 06:30 PM
SR Team Goof

Stephen A Smith can fill hot air balloons at the fair.
Old 06-21-14, 04:58 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

TD would have better stats if he played 40+ minutes per game. TD also did 4 years of college, Kobe straight out of high school. Just 2 reasons TD is the winner.
Old 06-23-14, 12:43 PM
Herman Cain of the board

That's a hard one. I say it's a tie. And for the record I hate Kobe personally. As a player I respect him though.